Video - 2016 5.3 vs 6.2 both 8 speed auto max tow 3:42

I looked at it this way, I keep my trucks roughly 8 years. The msrp option of the 6.2 is $2500 so lets use that. $2500 divided by 8 years which is 96 months is $30/month ($26.04 to be exact). Of all the other crap I could not do to save $30 a month, that's one time going out to eat at a crappy place. To sacrifice that for having the 6.2 is a no brainer for me

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be honest. Why do some buyers get the 6.2l? Because $50-60k for a truck with the fun factor of a high horsepower gas engine really isn't that expensive over 5-6 years for some buyers. A diesel doesn't have the "soul" of a nice v8 gas engine.

I think this has been turning into a pissing match latley.

If you have a 6.2 good for you..... Get over it and stop trying to prove how big your slong is on the Internet.

The 5.3 guys..... Dont doubt your purchase... It is a very fine engine and quite the upgrade from previos gen 5.3s

Cant we all just get along??

YOU TOO DURAMAX GUYS!!!

Jesus......

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

If you have a 6.2 good for you..... Get over it and stop trying to prove how big your slong is on the Internet.

The 5.3 guys..... Dont doubt your purchase... It is a very fine engine and quite the upgrade from previos gen 5.3s

YOU TOO DURAMAX GUYS!!!

Jesus......

But that's why I got the 6.2 so I could put a giant mushroom stamp on the rest of you peons! :rollin:

I just love seeing the 6.2 stomp a 5.7 Ram with with 3.92 gears with 1750 lbs in the bed... and over a second in the quarter head to head empty.... but then read on here how "oh they are close"... or " those Rams are no slouch"... uh huh. Every time I have been at the track myself and these constant test results always coincide lol.

As a buyer honestly buy what you want... if you want a comparable truck to every other pickup and run regular gas buy the 5.3... hell... it's not much slower than the 6.2 LS trucks. The 6.2 is just for people that there is never enough... hence why mine is getting forced induction in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I have notice a trend that some people on this site with 6.2's seem to be a bit arrogant. 6.2 trucks aren't fast vehicles, they are still relatively slow. I've had relatively fast cars/SUVs for some time now. The last being a 12 second TBSS, and I got rid of it because it was getting relatively slow by today's standards. Having a stock 6.2 and claiming it's fast is like claiming to be the smartest retard in school.

Funny you mention that.

I actually got passed by a 07-2011 5.3 Silverado.

I think he was already foot to the floor well before I was but he got me and there was nothing I could do about it. It's a fine engine to be sure.. but not much faster I don't think.

YOU TOO DURAMAX GUYS!!!

Jesus......

Funny you mention that.

I actually got passed by a 07-2011 5.3 Silverado.

I think he was already foot to the floor well before I was but he got me and there was nothing I could do about it. It's a fine engine to be sure.. but not much faster I don't think.

Lingenfelter has the numbers to prove it.

And thats because the 14 had 3.08 gears...

http://www.lingenfelter.com/LPEforumfiles/showthread.php?2248-2014-1500-Silverado-with-5-3L-L83-engine-work-begins

http://www.lingenfelter.com/LPEforumfiles/attachment.php?attachmentid=3957&d=1371510473

I have notice a trend that some people on this site with 6.2's seem to be a bit arrogant. 6.2 trucks aren't fast vehicles, they are still relatively slow. I've had relatively fast cars/SUVs for some time now. The last being a 12 second TBSS, and I got rid of it because it was getting relatively slow by today's standards. Having a stock 6.2 and claiming it's fast is like claiming to be the smartest retard in school.

No mater how fast you think you are, there is always someone faster lol. All it takes is money, and there is always someone with more to spend. I just read motortrend and the new camaro 6.2/8l90 was 12.4 in the 1/4, when did they get that fast!?

No mater how fast you think you are, there is always someone faster lol. All it takes is money, and there is always someone with more to spend. I just read motortrend and the new camaro 6.2/8l90 was 12.4 in the 1/4, when did they get that fast!?

Exactly....

My juiced crew cab colorado would destroy any 6.2 short of it having a blower might make it interesting.

Exactly....

My juiced crew cab colorado would destroy any 6.2 short of it having a blower might make it interesting.

Lol. Put your Colorado back to stock and see how many trucks of any configuration you "destroy". Anyone can modify anything to make it what they consider "fast". For a stock pickup truck the 6.2 is very respectable and blows away it's competition... doesn't make it a muscle car against the rest of the automotive world however. Lol.

Lol. Put your Colorado back to stock and see how many trucks of any configuration you "destroy". Anyone can modify anything to make it what they consider "fast". For a stock pickup truck the 6.2 is very respectable and blows away it's competition... doesn't make it a muscle car against the rest of the automotive world however. Lol.

Why would i when i have money to put into it?? Goes back to what we are talking about that anyone with a little bit of money to sink into anything can make it better then the next guy.

It's funny how everyone with a 6.2 has to satisfy some ego that they have.....

Why would i when i have money to put into it?? Goes back to what we are talking about that anyone with a little bit of money to sink into anything can make it better then the next guy.

It's funny how everyone with a 6.2 has to satisfy some ego that they have.....

Pretend or inferred egos aside why does it matter? I personally don't think my truck is the fastest thing out there.... owned a lot faster stuff and modified stuff. But I don't sit there comparing my modded stuff to a new stock truck and thinking I have something.... because who cares lol. You can dump money into anything to make it do more than it did stock... again.. who cares. I don't see why guys get so bent out of shape over this lol... some 6.2 owners are retarded and think they own a rocket but you can flip that to coincide with all the nonsense others post with regard as to why you shouldn't bother with one.

Archived