Anyone done an Add A Leaf instead of a block?

yea definitely, i think it would help even more with the sag because it will get stiffer with the more weight on it. and trucks always ride better with weight on them.

I'm glad you mentioned it because it never crossed my mind. Now I'm anxious to get it done lol!

Well I decided against the add a leaf because I'm not trying to lift the rear just to help when I have a load in it to prevent the squat issue. So I ordered the Hellwig helper spring model 990. From everything I read it doest lift the rear or affect ride quality when empty. They say it is progressive in design so it should fit my needs. I will post pics and a review when the come in and have them installed hopefully next weekend if it warms up. If anyone is interested the hellwig part number is 987.

• Like 1

Well I decided against the add a leaf because I'm not trying to lift the rear just to help when I have a load in it to prevent the squat issue. So I ordered the Hellwig helper spring model 990. From everything I read it doest lift the rear or affect ride quality when empty. They say it is progressive in design so it should fit my needs. I will post pics and a review when the come in and have them installed hopefully next weekend if it warms up. If anyone is interested the hellwig part number is 987.

wow that actually looks like just the ticket and way easier to install. i didnt know this product existed! let us know how you make out!

How does removing the block affect drive line angles? Do the blocks have a taper on them where you would need something like a shim if you completely remove it? I believe blocks for the older trucks were directional (forward-rear).

How does removing the block affect drive line angles? Do the blocks have a taper on them where you would need something like a shim if you completely remove it? I believe blocks for the older trucks were directional (forward-rear).

That's a good question that I never thought of.

I'm hopefully throwing an AAL on mine once the weather allows, it's 0 out without the windchill today. I use my truck primarily for work and after I put the Rough Country Level/Lift kit on it the rear end is about an 1" lower than the front. Not a good look in my opinion. Hopefully the AAL in combination with the 2" block will raise it back up so the front end isn't pointed up at the sky every time I put weight in it.

• Like 1

I'm hopefully throwing an AAL on mine once the weather allows, it's 0 out without the windchill today. I use my truck primarily for work and after I put the Rough Country Level/Lift kit on it the rear end is about an 1" lower than the front. Not a good look in my opinion. Hopefully the AAL in combination with the 2" block will raise it back up so the front end isn't pointed up at the sky every time I put weight in it.

Make sure to post pictures once finished..

Check out Roadmaster Active Suspension. I've personally never used it, but I know a lot of people who have, all with positive results. It's an adjustable spring that goes over the factory leafs.

I added a Deaver C-10 pack on my last vehicle for height mainly. Make sure, if you're adding an AAL for weight handling ability, that it doesn't replace the overload leafs. The Deaver pack did this, and it sagged a lot more when weight was in the bed.

Edited by Mack207

Glad this thread was started... So my plan was to do a 2inch level up front.. Then the zone add a leaf in the rear...thinking that it would still have the rake, so it wouldn't squat while having stuff in the bed...always thought it was a little soft in the rear and sags with just a little load in the bed..

Coming from a wrangler.. And doing a lift of any sorts, it was 2.5 inches...any higher you really had to consider the driveline angles...(maybe longer driveshaft)

Do I need to be thinking of anything like that..thanks! Just being cautious

• Like 1

Glad this thread was started... So my plan was to do a 2inch level up front.. Then the zone add a leaf in the rear...thinking that it would still have the rake, so it wouldn't squat while having stuff in the bed...always thought it was a little soft in the rear and sags with just a little load in the bed..

Coming from a wrangler.. And doing a lift of any sorts, it was 2.5 inches...any higher you really had to consider the driveline angles...(maybe longer driveshaft)

Do I need to be thinking of anything like that..thanks! Just being cautious

I had 7 inches worth of suspension lift and I never changed out the drive shaft in my 02 chevy silverado. I did however swap out the front drive shaft for one with a CV joint on the transfer case side

Thanks.. Was going to do 5100's when this happens.. So it would be a decent plan,, I don't want to do a major lift with my truck.. Would my plan firm up the ride a bit? I don't want to mess with the angles of the front too much and a little weary of just doing a larger block in the rear..