In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Xall

Can 2016 Silverado LED headlights be put on 2015?

Can 2016 Silverado LED headlights be put on a 2015 Silverado? I've looked around online and can't find anything on it.

It's the one option I really wish I had when I purchased my truck, the new LEDs look so much better and are so much brighter than my halogens.

Thanks guys,

Greg

Edited by Xall

Nevermind

Edited by tbarn

Thanks, I'll keep looking.. really would like to see exactly what modification it required if someone has already done it here.

As of right now, nope. Unless someone comes up with a wiring work around then it might be a bit. There were BCM and wiring changes from the 2015 trucks to the 2016 trucks from what the lighting engineer at GM told me. He kind of alluded to the fact they did it like that on purpose due to the DOT testing process they have to go thru in order to get the lights certified for road use.

Give Gen5DIY a call. They are pretty wise with this kinda stuff. They have an upgrade for a GMC 2016 headlights on a 15 so I don't see why they wouldn't on a Chevy. As far as them fitting, they look to have the same dimensions as the 15's. Good Luck.

http://www.gen5diy.com

So I have a 15 silverado and want to run a LED strip in the gap between the high been and low beams. On that black plastic piece. But I want to remove it to make it nice and fit perfectly and seal the strip with strip of plastic and make it waterproof. Has anyone ever tried to pop that plastic piece off before? I dont want to do it and break it. I know putco sells these, but im dont want to drop $150.2014-chevrolet-silverado-1500-ltz-z71-he

I replied in your other thread. Just put a waterproof LED flexible strip on there and wire it to whatever lights you want it triggered with (DRLs, fogs, running lights). You can find them at a bunch of places for less than $10 each.

So I have a 15 silverado and want to run a LED strip in the gap between the high been and low beams. On that black plastic piece. But I want to remove it to make it nice and fit perfectly and seal the strip with strip of plastic and make it waterproof. Has anyone ever tried to pop that plastic piece off before? I dont want to do it and break it. I know putco sells these, but im dont want to drop $150.2014-chevrolet-silverado-1500-ltz-z71-he

Did you ever try this? I am interested in the same...

Yes you can put the 2016/2017 LED headlights on a 2014/2015. They are pricey though. The cheapest I've seen on eBay for a set are $1,700. Then, Gen5DIY was the conversion harness. I just put in the 2016/17 LED taillights into my 2014 and I bought the correct conversion harness from Gen5DIY and everything works!

Can 2016 Silverado LED headlights be put on a 2015 Silverado? I've looked around online and can't find anything on it.

It's the one option I really wish I had when I purchased my truck, the new LEDs look so much better and are so much brighter than my halogens.

Thanks guys,

Greg

The answers actually yes - as there are multiple threads on this.

Just needs to replace the hood, grille, headlights, and front bumper to make this happen.