Radio recognizes aux cord but no sound

I recently purchased a used 2009 Saturn Aura and a couple days ago I noticed that my music wasn't playing through the aux cord when I connected it to my radio. I thought it was the cord so I bought a new, higher quality aux cord and tried it with that one but with no luck. I can't figure out what it is because when I plug the aux cord into the aux input, my radio (which is the standard factory GM radio that came with the car originally) recognizes that I plugged an aux cord in and switches to the aux source from the satellite radio but no sound will come out when I play music, just mild occasional static. I've looked everywhere online and can't find any forum with a similar problem. Can anyone give me any pointers as to what it could be?

Just guessing here...so take it for what it's worth.....

What device are you plugging into it? What type of music format is it?

Sometimes there can be a compatibility issue depending on the device you are using and the music format on that device (also age and firmware also). The older vehicle & firmware might not be able to recognize the newer formatting (so to speak).

Do you have older devices with music on them that you can TEST?

I agree with Janster...try another device. Another thing to check is the volume on the device. My wife has a Buick of about the same vintage and the Ipod really has to be turned up to get any sound.

Mike

Archived