In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Herculiner - need your thoughts

You have a bed mat and a tonneau cover. Why do you need anything else? The sides might get the odd scratch but unlikely with the type of loads you will carry with a cover. The floor takes a beating which your mat will protect. The spray or roll on liners do not prevent dents and you have to rough up and destroy the paint on the entire box to apply.

What if I need to move a load of river Rock, or a load of stone for some landscape project.

i got my kit on amazon. I have a compressor and opted to buy the spray gun attachment. My feelings are it needs to be sprayed on, no way i would ever use any of the roll on kits, but thats just me. I throw all types of stuff in my bed and it is super durable and cleans up with a quick rinse.

What if I need to move a load of river Rock, or a load of stone for some landscape project.

When I haul rocks or soil I lay a tarp in the bed of my truck prior to loading. It makes clean-up a snap and very easy to unload the last bits. The trouble I have with a spray or roll-on bed liner is you have to destroy the stock finish to protect the finish! I have owned several pickup trucks and always use them as trucks as well as family transportation. The condition of the inside of the box after years of normal wear and tear has not been a problem for me but I do take care to avoid dings and scratches.

I used Scorpion X02. Sprayed it on. Came out good and does a decent job. I would rate it as mid-range in the quality ladder. Prep work goes a long way.

if you can DIY sure

i dont have a spray gun i went with line-X i didnt want to mess it up lol

The uPol Raptor kit comes with a spray gun (whole kit is usually around $100). The kit is idiot proof as long as you prep the band (easy sanding and some degreaser to clean it all off). All you need to have is a basic compressor to spray it on with.

When I haul rocks or soil I lay a tarp in the bed of my truck prior to loading. It makes clean-up a snap and very easy to unload the last bits. The trouble I have with a spray or roll-on bed liner is you have to destroy the stock finish to protect the finish! I have owned several pickup trucks and always use them as trucks as well as family transportation. The condition of the inside of the box after years of normal wear and tear has not been a problem for me but I do take care to avoid dings and scratches.

Yep I hear ya Donstar. All the trucks I have bought were used except two. This one and a mid 90s f150. The f150 had a truck cap so I never dumped anything in there like rocks or anything because it had a dog cage in their full time for my hunting buddy and it's a pain in the ass to shovel stuff out when your bent over.

Well my last truck I would haul anything anytime because it had a bed liner. So I guess I am just I see obsessed over not scratching the bed. If I hold off long enough I will try the trap, plenty of guys do that.