In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
dbcooper748

any good otc wax at autozone, advance, oreielys?

Hi guys, i decided last min to put my first coat of wax on the silvy and was wondering is there such a thing as a good over the counter wax sold at my local big box autoparts store? If i wouldve planned this out better, i wouldve ordered zaino. Ive good luck in the past with zymol but wanna know what yall recommend!

I use Maguiers or however it is that it is spelled. Always seems like it works good to me.

I use Maguiers or however it is that it is spelled. Always seems like it works good to me.

Thanks! Which particular one? Theres soooo many lol

That part I don't remember. It's been a while... I'm pretty sure it's in a maroon bottle.

I use turtle wax ice. Easy to use and doesn't leave white residue on trim parts. Plus can be applied in the sunlight.

• Like 1

Honestly, at the 'Zone and what not, they're all about the same. But if I were to have to choose, I would go T-Wax Ice.

That said, just wait a couple of days and get some Zaino Z-CS and be done with it. It's worth the wait.

'Twax ice is good.. The spray wax is good too for quick one after washing.. Used it all the time cause it didn't turn the black fenders on my jeep white or grey.. Use it on the truck and windshield.. Water just beads right off the truck and all of the glass...

I just used Meguiars 2.0 synthetic sealant, easy to use, great results IMO.

The spray wax is good too for quick one after washing.. Used it all the time cause it didn't turn the black fenders on my jeep white or grey.. Use it on the truck and windshield.. Water just beads right off the truck and all of the glass...

Agreed.

I like fast and easy and yes the water beads right up just like a paste wax.

Adam's polishes

Get stocked up on it and you won't have to worry about OTC waxes

• Like 2

Adam's polishes

Get stocked up on it and you won't have to worry about OTC waxes

Yeah I am an adams junkie, I try to buy everything I can by the gallon from them, it cuts the price per OZ about in half most of the time. I am due for some H2O Guard and Gloss, for the time it takes it's the most bang for the buck IMO.

Mcguires gold.