Max Tire size on a Stock Height 2015 2500HD

Very Helpful topic and lots of great pics and input. This really helped me to pin point what set up to order, thanks!:D 19 Denali 2500HD Duramax, 2" level, 20x9 +20mm, 285/65/20 Goodyear ultraterrains from Discount tire and factory mud flaps.:smash:

Edited by Big Pimpin Denali

On 5/30/2019 at 6:29 PM, Big Pimpin Denali said:

Very Helpful topic and lots of great pics and input. This really helped me to pin point what set up to order, thanks!:D 19 Denali 2500HD Duramax, 2" level, 20x9 +20mm, 285/65/20 Goodyear ultraterrains from Discount tire and factory mud flaps.:smash:

I’d love to see pics of that setup; I want to do 1”-1.5” at both ends and 275/65R20’s on mine. UltraTerrains, Grabber ATX’s, or KO2’s are my three choices.

Its getting installed next week, they had to order everything. I had the KO2's previously, but didn't like because they picked up EVERY rock and they took a lot of weight to balance. I also ran the Goodyear duratracs and liked except they are a little noises, so i figured i would try this new Ultraterrain. I will post pics when its done next week.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KMK454 said:

35x11.50r20s on a stock 2500HD. No lift, no level.

IMG_1944.jpeg

Tires look great! How does the ride and noise level compare to the factory tires?

23 hours ago, MrChips said:

Tires look great! How does the ride and noise level compare to the factory tires?

Thanks! I think they ride better due to having more sidewall; I only noticed a slight increase in noise and humming when I have the windows down at higher speed, but with the windows up I haven't heard any new noise. They're nice tires. 

looks great, amazing how much tire you can fit if you keep the stock wheels.

Update on my truck; 19 Denali 2500HD, put 2" leveling kit on and brought it up 1 7/8" (drivers side maxed out). Front measurement is 42 1/8" and rear is 43 3/4". I am happy with how it sits, the upper control arms are not touching metal stops and I didn't use shock extensions either.  Also the ride is exactly the same and my steering wheel hasnt moved, so not sure if i need an alignment. I ordered MHT Sledge's 20x9 +20mm and hoped to fit LT285/65/20 Goodyear ultraterrains from Discount Tire. Today they did a test fit and it barely touched the inside of front fender liner and rubbed the factory mudguards, I have the factory flat/flexible guards. I probably could of done some trimming to make it work, but I am gonna try the 275/65/20's in the same tire. That 285 was taller than a 35 when side by side, weird.... I saw 2 more trucks like mine this weekend, both T bars cranked and UCA sitting on metal stops and one had 305/55/20 and other was 35-12.50.20 with trimming. I just dont want to mess with the ride quality and have it sitting on metal stops.

581464454.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2019 at 7:18 PM, Big Pimpin Denali said:

Its getting installed next week, they had to order everything. I had the KO2's previously, but didn't like because they picked up EVERY rock and they took a lot of weight to balance. I also ran the Goodyear duratracs and liked except they are a little noises, so i figured i would try this new Ultraterrain. I will post pics when its done next week.

How’ve you liked the UltraTerrains thus far?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I’ve been following this post since I bought my truck. I just purchased a brand new 2019 GMC Sierra 3500 4x4 Denali. It had 6mi on it when I decided it needed new shoes. After reading through this post I decided to go with Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75/r18. I got them from Discount tire for $299 a pop. I left there and immediately went to Goodyear where I had them turn the torsion bar up 4cranks and an alignment. Brought it up one inch in the front. All in all I have no rub forward, back, full turn it’s all good. I am very happy with the look and went from 3in of rake to 2in of rake and a taller feel. Trying to figure out how to post the before and afters.

Edited by JayT

• 7 months later...

Trying to find out if I can fit the stock wheels and tires from a 2020 GMC Sierra Denali 2500hd on my 2016 GMC Sierra 2500hd with stock suspension. I know the bolt pattern is the same and based on what I have seen on the forums the 275/60R20 tire will fit with stock 2016 wheels without rubbing but I'm concerned the slight difference in offset from 44mm on the 2016 wheels to the 47mm on the 2020 wheels will be an issue. Has anyone tried this yet?

On 5/13/2020 at 3:39 AM, Caffeinated1 said:

Trying to find out if I can fit the stock wheels and tires from a 2020 GMC Sierra Denali 2500hd on my 2016 GMC Sierra 2500hd with stock suspension. I know the bolt pattern is the same and based on what I have seen on the forums the 275/60R20 tire will fit with stock 2016 wheels without rubbing but I'm concerned the slight difference in offset from 44mm on the 2016 wheels to the 47mm on the 2020 wheels will be an issue. Has anyone tried this yet?

Pulled the trigger and answered my own question. The different back spacing doesn't affect the clearance and the 275/60R20 tires fit great with no rubbing. Looks way better too! Keep in mind the 2020 Tpms sensors are not comparable with 2016 trucks.

20200515_190122.jpg

Edited by Caffeinated1

Just got these put on this morning, I didn't put the center caps on yet because I wasn't sure how the fronts would fit. The drivers side doesn't rub, but for some reason the passenger side rubs the wheel well a few areas on the turning radius. I am going to look at adjusting the keys a little and tweak the wheel liners a bit in the front. 

Edit: I turned the keys up 4 turns, not sure how much it actually did because I pulled back the front of the wheel liners at the same time. 

Wheels: Anthem Off-Road Defender 20x9 +18mm

Tires: Wrangler DuraTrac 285/60R20

No suspension changes at all shown below. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by [cerberus]