In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
kyminer

Lift Size and tire size

​I have a question I currenty running factory ride height and factory wheels which are 17-7.5 31mm offset with 265/70/17 tires and I bought American racing ar708 17x8.5 21mm offset and I want to run 285 17 tires with them nothing real aggressive just something like all terrain like cooper at3 or toyo geolander AT tires . I know I have to do a leveling kit. ive been look at two different ones the ruff country 2" leveling kit which just goes under the bottom of the shock and a 2.25 ready lift leveling kit which goes under the shock and on top of the shock tire .. what would be the pros and cons of each and can I get by with just a 2" or do I need the 2.25 lift to clear ever thing and no rubbing.. I have a 5.3 motor will I miss whole lot of power and fuel mileage ??? please help ...

Anyone have any ideas ?? I'm going to try to do this over the weekend. ???

I have a 2012 Sierra with the 5.3. I did the RC 2.5" levelling kit and have tons of room with a 285/70R17 Goodyear Duratrac on stock wheels. Rides just like it did before except for the 10 ply tires added a little roughness to the ride but nothing huge. Lift went in easy and had no problems. Haven't noticed any real change in fuel mileage and I even have my tool box in the back now for summer. I can attach a picture in a bit for show.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1