Any Colorado diesel owners

• 5 weeks later...

Not an owner (yet...) but I finally took one for a spin at work. $46k Midnight edition (eek!). That is one potent little powerplant. LOTS of low end grunt, especially when you hit boost. Not as noisy as I thought it would be as well. I think the 3.6 is a tad louder at times inside.

• Like 1

What cab configuration do you all like best and why? CCSB or CCLB? Also, I found some CCSB SLT for $33k brand new. I do a lot a city driving and work downtown (parking sucks) so I have always thought of getting a smaller truck.

Edited by mweaver1917

What cab configuration do you all like best and why? CCSB or CCLB? Also, I found some CCSB SLT for $33k brand new. I do a lot a city driving and work downtown (parking sucks) so I have always thought of getting a smaller truck.

The CCLB is 140.5 wheelbase, 3 inches shorter than your double cab you have, yet overall length is 224.9, roughly 6 inches shorter. If you are really looking for maneuverability, I'd say the CCSB as its only 212.7 long, and has a turning radius of 41.3 feet, over a double cab 1/2 ton at 46.9 feet. If you can live with the smaller box, the CCSB would be great for city lots, driving and parallel parking over the CCLB.

The one I drove the other day was a CCSB, and it felt like, a Traverse with a pickup box? Plus I think they look better than the CCLB, although if you need the box space, the CCLB is the way to go.

Just traded by Sierra for a Canyon diesel. It is a great little truck. The smaller platform is just a better fit for a daily driver and occasional tow vehicle for our 4500 lb. travel trailer. Best of all, my wife will drive it! Not much Canyon activity on this forum like there is for the full size trucks. Any other site I should check out for Canyon owners? Thanks in advance...

I think it is much more capable over time of significantly better mpg! My Jeep Liberty had the VM 2.8L diesel that the Colorado engine is based on. I used Green Diesel Engineering for a tune on the ECM of it. Not some sort of rolling coal kind of thing, just a tune for more efficiency and better adjustment of parameters to make it more of what it was supposed to be. My son took ownership of it, but before that, I could easily pop 35 mpg on highway.

Green Diesel Engineering was getting their hands on a Colorado with the 2.8L diesel and going to work up a set of tunes for it. They confirmed it is based on the same VM 2.8L that has been around for some time, and should be an easy tune to modify. I would check with them to see what they have done. They really know their stuff when it comes to small diesels.

http://www.greendieselengineering.com/Welcome.action

I just picked up a Canyon Duramax All-Terrain during the 0% financing GM was offering for the week. So far the few times I took it to work I got 31 mpg going super easy on the gas till it gets a little more miles on it. I only have 322 miles on it so far, but I'm very happy with it.

9I8O8Q5l.jpg

• Like 3

I have a 2016 Colorado Duramax CCSB - have about 1,800 miles so far and averaging 28 MPG. It rides nicely, has good towing capabilities and is relatively comfortable. Very happy with it so far. Also put on a BackFlip cover on the box - like that one too! Wife evens feels comfortable driving it (she does not like to drive my Sierra or Silverado). :)

post-165353-0-73088700-1479580790_thumb.jpg

Edited by PDad
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...

I got the 2018 Limited Edition, 100 Year Anniversary Edition Diesel.  It is a Crew Cab Z71 4x4.  I am getting over 25 mpg, with mixed driving.  I drove 90% freeway miles the other day, to and from work, and got 31.6 mpg.  I like the truck a lot, compared to my three Frontiers I have had.  I got the spray in bedliner, but also got a bedrug, which I really like.

Dave

IMGP9578_zpsv9f4yua0.jpg

IMG_11571_zpswag3ncmm.jpg

• 1 month later...

2017 Canyon Diesel owner.

24,000 miles. Averages 26.4 MPG. Including Michigan winters.

Pulls my 4500# 20ft boat/trailer easily.

Climbs. Hills like no tomorrow.. takes a full load and 8% grade to make engine downshift to hold 80kph.(56 mph).
Great on two tracks. Have not stuck it in a swamp yet!

Loving owning my first diesel.
Take it hunting and fishing, and drive it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Nice looking truck. I googled the images as I didn’t know the trailboss badge.

Today, I drove to Cabelas about 30 miles on the highway at 75 mph (also against the wind) instantaneous mileage was 29-36.

On the way home, with the wind, on backroads doing 55, I was getting 25-28, then hooked up with the highway doing 75 again, and still pulling 25-ish. I’ve seen this periodically, and I think that’s was regen looks like. I’ve had long trips were the overall mileage is great, but there is a half hour or so, where the mileage drops.

I run my tires between 36 and 40psi.(depends on load). I have a tonneau cover as well.

Most people that drive the 2.8l duramax are quite happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1