Jumping in on this party.  I got my truck all setup yesterday and I can't wait for lunch so I can go see it again. 

Truck:  2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain SLT 6.2L

Suspension:  Motofab 2.5" +  Ready Lift Control Arms

Wheels:  OEM Yukon Denali 22x9 w/my All Terrain GMC caps

Tires:  285/55r22 Ridge Grapplers, block pattern out

My Feedback after having it one day.  The Terra Grapplers won't rub as much, but if you go Ridge Grapplers the sidewall tread hits the front valance and some liner when turning and going into an incline (like a driveway).  Nothing crazy, all my lowered cars always rubbed, so this is totally worth the visual look.  FYI I've zip tied up the front and back liners, and trimmed the lower inside liner where necessary and it rubs a bit.  Lastly, the offroad shop advised me to not start with the 1" lift in the back as these trucks all have varied heights in the rear, they encouraged me to start with just the front then assess if the rear was needed.  I was convinced after reading all these threads that 1" in the back was the way to go and I still feel that way.  I'm going to keep looking at it over the next few days but I'm 85% sure I'll be adding 1" to the rear.  It's PERFECTLY level right now but the front is so meaty that to the eye the front looks taller.  Either way...first world problems.  The truck is amaze balls now.  I'm pretty pumped. 

my truck high res.JPG

Edited by tenminutes
typo
  • Like 2

tenminutes, very nice choice bud!  looks killer.

btw, im new to the fold with a 2016 denali, i just bought it and the first thing ill do is level, would everyone agree this 285-55r22 tire size is the way to go?  im looking to get 22's (ultimate style) and level with some sweet tires as well.  rubbing is always a concern but it looks like its only at full crank and mainly reverse?    thanks guys, and as far as all the pictures in this thread, all them trucks look great!  good choices fellas....cheers

Jumping in on this party.  I got my truck all setup yesterday and I can't wait for lunch so I can go see it again. 

My Feedback after having it one day.  The Terra Grapplers won't rub as much, but if you go Ridge Grapplers the sidewall tread hits the front valance and some liner when turning and going into an incline (like a driveway).  Nothing crazy, all my lowered cars always rubbed, so this is totally worth the visual look.  FYI I've zip tied up the front and back liners, and trimmed the lower inside liner where necessary and it rubs a bit.  Lastly, the offroad shop advised me to not start with the 1" lift in the back as these trucks all have varied heights in the rear, they encouraged me to start with just the front then assess if the rear was needed.  I was convinced after reading all these threads that 1" in the back was the way to go and I still feel that way.  I'm going to keep looking at it over the next few days but I'm 85% sure I'll be adding 1" to the rear.  It's PERFECTLY level right now but the front is so meaty that to the eye the front looks taller.  Either way...first world problems.  The truck is amaze balls now.  I'm pretty pumped. 
5c112d5c7aae4_mytruckhighres.thumb.JPG.234b22dab10ac1447bf9458b8966c30a.JPG

Truck looks great, however if you’re going to add height to the rear do NOT stack blocks, get a larger block instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, tenminutes said:

my truck high res.JPG

How's the ride and handling? loose anything? Looks perfect. Close to pulling the trigger on these, just it's gonna cost a bit and I want to make sure I have the right plan. Read the grapplers have a 99mph speed rating. The G2's in 285/45 have a130mph rating and wondering if you loose high speed stability. 

Plus is the extra tire weight noticeable?  Seems like the look maybe worth it, to me it's the best looking tire/wheel combo on these trucks so far.

Thanks for the comments!  I knew the wheels would look amazing...but I have seen very few on our trucks so to see the final product made me very happy.  I feel like they should have come this way, at least the denali version. 

First off, yes...if I needed an inch I'd be replacing the block. 

Second comment, the ride is taking a bit to get use to.  It feels heavier and more of a "truck".  I have the 6.2 so I don't feel like it's slowed me down any, it just feels "bigger" is the best was to describe it.  Not in a bad way, but it just feels different.  I didn't know that about the speed rating...interesting.  I've been up to 80 mph and it was smooth as glass so I think it's fine.  Regarding the costs, I haggled discount tire down to $399 a tire.  I committed to buying the road hazard certs to get that price then at checkout I asked if I could come back in 30 days to add it.  They let me do it.  Since I outsourced the lift labor Tuesday was a very $$$ day.  I prob will go back for the certs but just couldn't bite it off at check out.  That said, use that intel for your benefit as you wish.  I hope that helps.

I just put replica OEM 22’s with 285/55 terra grapplers on my ‘18 SLT.  The 22’s with these big tires are noticeably heavier than the factory 20’s my truck came with.  I’d suggest to anyone doing this upgrade to get a tuner of some sort. It will make up for any lost performance and allows you to calibrate the speedo.  I have a Diablo sport loaded with a 93 octane tune and I didn’t feel any drop in performance... and I had  the tune loaded in for a month before I put the 22’s on.  

Ill comment on rubbing.  Like others have said they rub in reverse with wheel turned hard.  Mostly in the pass side.  I was able to pin the Wheel well liner back to get rid of 99% of that.  I’ve also found it rubs full lock in drive as well.  I felt around in there and the inside of the tire may be kissing the upper control arm. 

I only have  a 2” RC level installed. I already had the truck aligned but regret not doing the 2.5” kit. That might have been enough.  However, Its very liveable.   

I also have a question for guys who run the terra grapplers:  what pressure do you run them at?  Mine are at 34. The tires are louder than stock tires and I realize that is what it is.  I’m wondering if I ran them 2-3psi higher would that help with noise?  

after exhausted research i decided to go with the RC 2.5/1 kit, then i get on the site and realize its only for stock aluminum control arms....i have the stamped steel control arms on my 2016 denali, DOH!  i really want to go with the 285/55r22 setup here but am now discouraged.  i have an email into RC to see if they will be supplying for the stamped steel control arms, but havent heard back.  anyone have any ideas for me?  i really just want a sufficient leveling kit for these tires....thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 7:24 AM, Crobinson16 said:

I have a 2018 Silverado 6.2 with the max tow package. I have a 1.5 inch level front block set up. I actually like the 1.5 as it seems the trucks with the max towing package the suspension is a little different, I'm only sitting about 3/4 of an inch lower in the front now . My question is , I want to put on 285/55/22 and I'm wondering if I'll have to much rubbing. I do know from past experiences that the stamped steel upper control arm does not have as much clearance vs the aluminum control arm. I previously has 275/60/20 Cooper discover HT plus tires on my factory 20 inch wheel. They did rub slightly at full lock. However even though the Cooper tiers were still a 275 they were considerably wider than factory, the tred was over an inch wider and the sidewall to sidewall was almost 2 inchs wider.  I was curious at to how wide the 285/55/22 would be. I'm sure it's going to depend on what tire brand I choose. I need to start looking at what's out there for choices in that size or possibly a 285/50/22. 

IMG_20180625_124145.jpg

IMG_20180625_124740.jpg

I was wondering about the 285/50/22 myself.  I see they make a terra grappler g2 in this spec.  Has anyone tried these?

FAF4EE4E-0BCD-4FC5-938C-C48D61D5EDC0.jpeg

Love the way these trucks look with the 22's and some AT tires.  Would the 285/50/22 eliminate rubbing or trimming? Thinking about the RC 2.5 level/lift kit.  Also could you add a small spacer to push the wheels/tires out to help with full lock rub?

be careful with the RC 2.5 leveling kit, depending on your control arms, my denali has stamped steel control arms, and was told through the RC chat application, that they may not release this kit again, or atleast its no where close to coming back out, if you have stock aluminum your fine.

Does any one have any thoughts on the Suspensionmaxx 2.5 kit?  i think thats where ill have to look next because of it having magneride sensor relocation brackets...Also this kit isnt dependent on the control arms...

I currently have Bridgestone 285/45r22 on my 1500, but want to switch to Terra Grappler G2's in the same size. I would not mid having a 55 series tire to fill the wheel well more so, but have read mixed reviews on using anything above a 2" level lift as it can cause quick wear on suspension components, true? Not sure what kind of rubbing I would get with a 55 series tire with no lift. Also, what kind of wear is everyone experiencing with these tires. I drive typically 15 to 35k yearly, all mainly highway miles. Thanks for the input.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone provide some insight...?

I have only 1/2" difference from the front to the back as far as stance, this is measuring from the top of the wheel hub (black logo cap) to the fender. I would like to go up a size in tires, to a possible 285/55r22. Can anyone tell me with a leveled Silverado with 22" wheels, tell me what the measurement is from center of top of hub cap to fender? 

On 12/12/2018 at 10:59 AM, tenminutes said:

Badass Truck bro.  You just cant go wrong with the Ridge grapplers.   They look amazing, and most importantly do NOT make any noise.    Totally blew me away when i forst had them put on mine as i thought for sure they'd be noticeably louder.  Nice wheels too.   I havent seen anyone with those on their 1500.    enjoy!