In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I added the spacer for the look mostly. It's the same front and rear and it looks pretty solid. I ran a SuspensionMaxx 2.5" level. I loved it and the bracket for the relocation of the level sensor was good. It was actually accidentally transferred to the Fabtech control arms and it ended up making my whole lift ride better because it put the sensor at a better angle. Here's the truck with the level.a9d3a27e92e1930da0cff1da4bb34ff0.jpg

The ride was pretty much same as stock. The only time I could feel a difference wasll at 75+mph and I think the aerodynamic change was the biggest difference.

I would highly recommend a true lift for such a size tire. Yes, it could technically fit on just a level, but it really doesn't make a lot of sense to limit the movement of the suspension that way. But I built this truck to be able to drive through a ditch if I feel like it... haha you know what I mean though.

Here's the truck with the Fabtech 4". I'd highly recommend this set up. I'll take pics of the upper ball joint if you want. It's solid. 0d1397f4b8cd7e60a47b13f54f02d9b9.jpgc6172030c12927cb05a027c201fc1494.jpg70e43d415075285f94124f57dd6a4fba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for taking the time to post the photos.

Your truck with the 4 inch Fabtech lift does indeed look bad ass!

For simplicity right now I am going to start with the SuspensionMaxx 2.5" level and 1" in the back and see how I like it while I get the topper, tow mirrors and chrome delete sorted and go from there. Then decide about tires to get it all buttoned up!

Good to know the Fabtech 4" lift is a solid option! Did it require any metal cutting or grinding of the exsisting truck set up?

Cheers

Yes, the lift required for a small notch to be cut out from the rear cross member. That is done so that the differential can drop down a couple of inches without making contract with the crossmember. It could technically be welded back on if necessary. With bigger lifts, the crossmember piece is cut out completely and a different one is bolted on.

Finally got a couple of photos of modifications to date.

SuspensionMAXX 2.5/1.0 level kit

Nitto Terra Grappler G2 285/55R22

1A Auto tow mirrors

Leer 100xl with Yakima rack

Now just need to get rid of some of the chrome and it will be all sorted!

42cd1a22028112d24448624997c16737.jpg11c0b7591650f3e5686eef86438b9603.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Gmclphysio
  • Like 4

On 4/9/2016 at 8:42 PM, Treyb2570 said:

I have 285/55/22 Terra grapplers on stock 22's with a 2.5 inch level and only have just a small rub at full wheel lock.

Are your control arms "stamped steel"? Is your truck a 2016 with Magneride? Mine is a 16 Denali 1500 Magneride with stamped steel control arms and I'm having trouble finding a 2.5 inch leveling kit. What brand of kit did you get? Thanks. 

1 hour ago, akittoe90 said:

Are your control arms "stamped steel"? Is your truck a 2016 with Magneride? Mine is a 16 Denali 1500 Magneride with stamped steel control arms and I'm having trouble finding a 2.5 inch leveling kit. What brand of kit did you get? Thanks. 

Actually I don’t have the Denali any longer, but mine was a 2015 and the kit was made by Suspension Maxx. 

Edited by Treyb2570

On 9/4/2017 at 5:53 PM, Gmclphysio said:

Finally got a couple of photos of modifications to date.

SuspensionMAXX 2.5/1.0 level kit

Nitto Terra Grappler G2 285/55R22

1A Auto tow mirrors

Leer 100xl with Yakima rack

Now just need to get rid of some of the chrome and it will be all sorted!

42cd1a22028112d24448624997c16737.jpg11c0b7591650f3e5686eef86438b9603.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you use the GM factory door harnesses to wire up those mirrors? I have the same ones and don’t want to go through the hassle of the hard wiring job. 

I have a 2015 denali 4wd with factory 22s. I'm wanting to level and get 285 55 g2s. But I want to keep my front splash gaurds. I see some have kept them and some dont. What kit should I get to be able to keep them and have a good ride still? I'll do minor trimming if I have to but I'm over the chips and crape slung on sides and running boards like my old trucks and jeeps. Trail jeeps are different. But over it for daily drivers.

Anyone running 305/45/22's on OEM 22's with a level kit?  If so I would love details as this is the setup I am looking at for my 2017 All Terrain.  Truck has a 2" Rough Country lower spacer and GM accessory 22's.

2015 Sierra SLT replica co 158 wheels from USA Rim. 285 55 22, 2.5 inch level front only. No spacers. Only slight rub at absolute full turn. Smallest size in which is still has a decent sidewall in my opinion. Terra Grapplers ride great!

IMG_6383.JPG

IMG_6386.JPG

• Like 1

2015 Sierra SLT replica co 158 wheels from USA Rim. 285 55 22, 2.5 inch level front only. No spacers. Only slight rub at absolute full turn. Smallest size in which is still has a decent sidewall in my opinion. Terra Grapplers ride great!
IMG_6383.JPG.3b3cff70f36f24e9656bd1cd35edaa42.JPG
IMG_6386.JPG.5bde6896253b11c7abfb4212addddb5f.JPG
Looks good..I'm surprised at how much bigger the 55 looks over the 45 sidewall. I bet it rides nice..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

These trucks look great with the Nitto G2 285/55/r22. I'm wanting to see if anyone has tried the Nitto Ridge Grapplers in this size. I noticed the G2's rub a little and wondering if the more aggressive tread will make it worse. Hate to order these and tear things up. If anyone has please any info will be appreciated.

On 1/3/2018 at 2:38 PM, DenaliLegend said:

These trucks look great with the Nitto G2 285/55/r22. I'm wanting to see if anyone has tried the Nitto Ridge Grapplers in this size. I noticed the G2's rub a little and wondering if the more aggressive tread will make it worse. Hate to order these and tear things up. If anyone has please any info will be appreciated.

Here you are sir. 285/55/22 ridge grapps on gm 22s 

1C1CFDCB-C670-4D30-9CED-E2403175C206.jpeg

• Like 1

it"s been asked a couple of times but does anyone have either the 305/45/22 or the 33/12.5/22 G2"s?  I have 285/45 G2"s and want to step up in size/sidewall next time around.  Want to keep the weight down too. Needs pics. Also want to do on a 6112 (should be out soon)  with just a 2" front lift and possibly 1 to 1.5 spacers.

So far these 285/55"s look really good. The G2 is really a great all around tire. just wish they made the BFG"s in 22".The rim size and tire sidewall look perfect for theese trucks IMHO.

Edited by kennerz
add info

Here you are sir. 285/55/22 ridge grapps on gm 22s 
1C1CFDCB-C670-4D30-9CED-E2403175C206.thumb.jpeg.cffe229bf74737e28ea485350b3bacc5.jpeg

Very nice. The price gap between the same tires in 22” vs 17-18” is eye watering tho