Financial (buying, trading, gm card, private offers etc) Section

On 4/18/2018 at 9:22 PM, tbarn said:

You don't have to wait 3 months. Just payed mine off after a month and a half.

They want you to wait three months because their spiff doesn't kick out until then. So ----- they tell you that you have to wait. Just your typical dealer lie. You can pay off on your way home.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2018 at 11:40 AM, duquephart said:

They want you to wait three months because their spiff doesn't kick out until then. So ----- they tell you that you have to wait. Just your typical dealer lie. You can pay off on your way home.

I recently did a GM finance a few weeks ago for a 2018 Silverado, do I have to also wait 3 payments/months to refinance?

Also can anyone recommend a credit union or advice on switching from my GM Financing (~7.5%) to another lender? My last Chevy in 2007 was financed though GM and like a dummy I never refinanced it to a lower rate. Please advise!

47 minutes ago, ripcurlksm said:

I recently did a GM finance a few weeks ago for a 2018 Silverado, do I have to also wait 3 payments/months to refinance?

Also can anyone recommend a credit union or advice on switching from my GM Financing (~7.5%) to another lender? My last Chevy in 2007 was financed though GM and like a dummy I never refinanced it to a lower rate. Please advise!

I financed my 18 with GM to get a 5,000 rebate. Never made the first payment to GM. Refinanced at my local cu after about 3 weeks. As long as there is no prepayment penalty in the contract it shouldnt make a difference. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Racindave said:

I financed my 18 with GM to get a 5,000 rebate. Never made the first payment to GM. Refinanced at my local cu after about 3 weeks. As long as there is no prepayment penalty in the contract it shouldnt make a difference. 

Thank you, I have the contract. Any idea where it might be? Is it itemized in the printout or would it be on the back of the long yellow sheet?

50 minutes ago, ripcurlksm said:

Thank you, I have the contract. Any idea where it might be? Is it itemized in the printout or would it be on the back of the long yellow sheet?

I’m not sure. Seems like it’s on the back in the fine print area. Left side at the top but my memory is not what it used to be....

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

On 9/11/2018 at 5:05 AM, QUIKAG said:

Anyone know the GMF rates for September?  I financed through GMF to get the $1,000 incentive when I bought my ‘18 SLT on Saturday and was told 6.75% was the best they can do.  I have over an 830 credit score so I should have been eligible for the top rate they have.

Any info would be appreciated.  I plan to refi or just pay it off, but want to know if I got hosed in F&I.  Thanks all!

Refinance it! First I hate dealing with finance people because when you try to finance with them, they play around with different loans and play around with the interests rates, I have an 800 score. Years ago for a Toyota 4Runner using a credit union I got it for 1.9% and my 2016 Chevy using GM/ the finance guy and I agree eventually with Bank Of America at 2.02% which I was still not happy with that bs but I took it. It was late night and I didn't have time to get things situated with the credit union I use. Before going with BOA the A-hole picked another one with a higher interest rate and I almost walked out, told him no, I have a excellent credit and if you can’t do better then that I’m leaving and not buying anything. Then he somehow found BOA with a way lower interest rate in his computer which he could have done in the begin but no, he wanted to see how dumb I was first. Probably dumb because honestly if I had more time I should have gotten things ready with my credit union first and never made a deal with their finance/ BOA. Refinance with a credit union and you might get 1.9% which a few do offer. 

On 4/24/2018 at 12:34 PM, Timinsk said:

Leased 2016 Silverado DC Std Bed 5.3 LT level wheels, wanting a 16+ of same truck just LTZ with 6.2, should i just do financial after 3 year lease and trade-in and look for used 16+ or buy new? Kind of screwed myself on wheels, debadge and exhaust :shrugs:

never saw a 6.2 double cab,  think you will need to move up to a crew or buy a new 19 dc that has the 6.2 now. 

Hey guys I'm new to the forum.Im looking to purchase my 1st truck tomorrow used of course.I have a link to the page of the truck.Just wana see if this was a good offer and if their is any wiggle room.Duno if this link will work.Going to talk to the dealer tomorrowhttp://www.autosportchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2016-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Double_Cab_Standard_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_LTZ_Z71-Hackettstown-NJ/3301899573

Edited by Jimbo82
Link didn't work

Hey guys I'm new to the forum.Im looking to purchase my 1st truck tomorrow used of course.I have a link to the page of the truck.Just wana see if this was a good offer and if their is any wiggle room.Duno if this link will work.Going to talk to the dealer tomorrowhttp://www.autosportchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2016-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Double_Cab_Standard_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_LTZ_Z71-Hackettstown-NJ/3301899573

Nice truck... does it have CarPlay/android auto? It looks like it may be one of the 2016’s when they had a supplier issue for the CP/AA radios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Loco-diablo said:

Nice truck... does it have CarPlay/android auto? It looks like it may be one of the 2016’s when they had a supplier issue for the CP/AA radios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a hundred percent sure of the radio I'm going to take a better look at it later on after work.

18 hours ago, Jimbo82 said:

With 57K miles on that truck, I would want to get some pretty serious money off that low 30's Internet price.  You can buy a brand new 2018 for only a few grand more.  Granted trim and options vary, but the 18's are being heavily discounted.  Just something to think about.

Good luck.

Hey guys just pulled the trigger and took delivery on an 18 silver ice Redline. Hope to keep this truck for the next 15 years! Took the rebate and did GM finance and will be refinancing our local credit union. Don’t care about dealer kickback so will be doing ASAP but I’m hearing there could be an issue with the title getting lost on way from DMV to Lean holder. Is that possible or just a typical sales pitch? 

Hey guys just pulled the trigger and took delivery on an 18 silver ice Redline. Hope to keep this truck for the next 15 years! Took the rebate and did GM finance and will be refinancing our local credit union. Don’t care about dealer kickback so will be doing ASAP but I’m hearing there could be an issue with the title getting lost on way from DMV to Lean holder. Is that possible or just a typical sales pitch? 
I ran into that with a vehicle a few y ears back. I refinanced right away and the process the lending company goes through to register and file the title takes three + 3weeks. So... not lost in the mail, but lost in the shuffle. Credit union was frustrated waiting for the title from GM finance, but they finally got it after several phone calls and all was good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hello Gents,

I'm contemplating a Sierra Denali and am curious how I find all of the available rebates?  I know there are rebates for conquest, competitive lease, Costco, etc, but I don't know how much they are and what the qualifications are for them.  Is there a good place to obtain this information?

Thanks in advance,

NV6425