Financial (buying, trading, gm card, private offers etc) Section

• 3 weeks later...
With only a few days left on GMC's Feb. rebates on 2018 Sierra Denalis... any thoughts on where GM goes with 2018 rebates next month?

No idea. But around me they already have $7k-$11k off on the 19s. I’m thinking about getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:06 PM, Black02Silverado said:

This is off the Chevrolet web site.  So I would say this would be the total off sticker for  what is stated below.  Possibly more since tomorrow is the end of the month and they want to move some trucks off the lot. 

2018 SILVERADO 1500 CREW CAB LT ALL STAR

For current GM Owners          
$7,500 Total Cash Allowance
              $3,000 Price Reduction Below MSRP
       + $750 Option Package Discount
$11,250 Total Value

when you finance with GM Financial

If you pay cash there is an $11,250 upcharge? So what does a "Cash Allowance" mean? Means the truck is overpriced. Not compared to it's MSRP. Not compared to the 'customer invoice'. Not compared to the GM 'floor plan". Compared against it's pre-

profit cost of production. Even the Insured 'gap value' is to high. Don't think so? Compare it to the salvage value v auction value. 

When you are forced to buy 'full coverage' to finance; it does more than protect you against losses. It protects the banks. In essence  you to pay for the banks insurance policy on your truck. The insurance company is no longer a 'public pool' of our resources that we pay some administrator some 'reasonable fee' for his management services. It's a profit center. It will never structure a claim as a 'fair deal'. You will always pay more than you will ever receive. Their bottom dollar is the trucks real 'market value' because boys and girls that IS the market they are all MAKING, not it's cost.  Point of this windy ramble is when a manufacture advertises a deal like this they LIE about it's value, discounts fully discounted are still well above any reasonable profit you will ever receive for your work hours.

They sell you a nickel candy bar for an MSRP of a dollar, discount it fifty cents and we are suppose to get all warm and fuzzy over it.

Put a GMC grill in a Silverado and jack the price higher. Put a Cadillac grill in a Yukon and jack it up again. And still we fall for it. Then complain to the wife about her Kohls 'bucks'. :lol:  "Honey I just bought this hundred dollar blouse for 80% off"! Really? 

• Like 1

When I bought my impala ss way back in 94 the brand was very popular. They were as cop cars and taxis. They quit making them for one reason. They wanted the plant to make trucks. They aren’t bashful about the reason, higher profits. Through advertising they manage to convince the masses to buy trucks at an inflated price. When someone brags about buying a 70K truck I’m thinking, I can buy a sedan and a sports car for that. And I did and a used truck. As car buyer I thank you.

• Haha 1

Love this one. I just found out while researching for new insurance that a 'NEW' car can be damaged up to 20% of its 'value' (whatever that means), repaired and still sold as NEW with no obligation to inform anyone about the repair. Damage like this occurs during shipping. The receiving dealer is under no obligation to accept the damaged car but IF they refuse receipt the OEM sells it to an auction house where is receives it's first title transfer thus no longer can be sold as 'NEW'. Then that car is sold at the dealers auction for whatever price it will fetch, repaired and sold on a dealers 'used' lot. Easy to spot cars. USED cars with a 100 miles on them and damage turns up in the title search.

The OEM is reimbursed for 'lost value' and is made whole. The dealer gets a killer deal on a NEW car. Body shop makes some money and the buyer, if his eyes are wide open buy a cosmetically damaged low miler a deeper discount than otherwise could be negotiated.

I bought a Scion iA like that a few years ago. Dirt cheap. Spent a few hundred in paint work repairing the awful repair the car had been given and TRADED  a few weeks latter for more money that I had invested on a one year old Buyer  Relinquished Silverado with only a thousand miles on it at just above auction price for the Scion and some cash. That would be Pepper. 

Did I game the system? No. I bought the truck for about a thousand under dealer auction after accounting for the money made on the Scion. A good deal alright BUT the auction price is still several thousand above manufactures to dealer sell price or salvage. It would have never been sold at auction if the salvage value would have been higher. None of these clowns are dealing for 'reasonable profit'. 

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

When I bought my impala ss way back in 94 the brand was very popular. They were as cop cars and taxis. They quit making them for one reason. They wanted the plant to make trucks. They aren’t bashful about the reason, higher profits. Through advertising they manage to convince the masses to buy trucks at an inflated price. When someone brags about buying a 70K truck I’m thinking, I can buy a sedan and a sports car for that. And I did and a used truck. As car buyer I thank you.

:lol: I love this. In America we see Mercedes-Benz as a big deal. In third world countries they are Taxi's.  :lol: 

Love the 60's Impala SS. 61 to 67 and a 396 or 409 was even better. The 94 IMHO was a really good 'do over'.  Great cars. The last gasp of full size super cars. A good four speed all that was lacking. 

:lol: I love this. In America we see Mercedes-Benz as a big deal. In third world countries they are Taxi's.  :lol: 

Love the 60's Impala SS. 61 to 67 and a 396 or 409 was even better. The 94 IMHO was a really good 'do over'.  Great cars. The last gasp of full size super cars. A good four speed all that was lacking. 

I still have the Hot Rod magazine that came out in 94 about the impala ss. The second fastest ever at the time. Laughable now. 15 second 1/4 mile, 145 top speed. My Z28 was 14.2 in the 1/4 advertised in 94.

• Like 1

What's everyone seeing for a re-fi APR?

I did GM Financial for my loan to get the extra cash incentive.  Obviously, the APR is garbage on that loan.  I'm sitting around an 820 credit score with the only debt on my credit being this truck loan (put half down cash) and whatever balances are on my credit cards at the time the report is pulled (I pay them off every month).  I basically qualify for whatever the best rate is available.

I keep checking for the "best rate" and what is being advertised is not what is actually offered.  I refuse to let anyone pull my report without telling me the APR based on the credit score I provide them.  Today's BS deal was Lending Tree pushing me to iLending Direct, stating a 2.25% APR for 48 or 60 months.  Yet when I'm able to dig deep into it with the guy, he was offering in the 4% range.  I've already been quoted 3.89%, so I told him I'm not interested unless he could beat that.  He obviously couldn't as he very quickly got off the phone with me.  I'm looking for less over the next week or two.  I should have dealt with this a couple of months ago but I've been too busy, unfortunately, which is what GM Financial banks on.

What's everyone seeing for a re-fi APR?

I did GM Financial for my loan to get the extra cash incentive.  Obviously, the APR is garbage on that loan.  I'm sitting around an 820 credit score with the only debt on my credit being this truck loan (put half down cash) and whatever balances are on my credit cards at the time the report is pulled (I pay them off every month).  I basically qualify for whatever the best rate is available.

I keep checking for the "best rate" and what is being advertised is not what is actually offered.  I refuse to let anyone pull my report without telling me the APR based on the credit score I provide them.  Today's BS deal was Lending Tree pushing me to iLending Direct, stating a 2.25% APR for 48 or 60 months.  Yet when I'm able to dig deep into it with the guy, he was offering in the 4% range.  I've already been quoted 3.89%, so I told him I'm not interested unless he could beat that.  He obviously couldn't as he very quickly got off the phone with me.  I'm looking for less over the next week or two.  I should have dealt with this a couple of months ago but I've been too busy, unfortunately, which is what GM Financial banks on.

I go by how much money cost me versus what I make with money. I always finance my rides, I too have a high score. I got a wake up call in 08 with my IRA. I just used to invest in that and had a house payment. Since then I paid off the main house and bought three more and a condo. They bring in rent. The IRA is doing well, especially since 16. My rent houses do better. The only thing I have payments on is my latest ride. That money is just to cheap to pay cash. I buy vehicles different then most too. I only buy deals. I retired at 58, and don’t collect Social Security yet.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask.

i bought a 2018 Sierra yesterday. I got almost 17k off the msrp. The truck is considered new. It had 26 miles when I left the dealership. Anyways, I asked the salesman about the warranty and he told me it started the day the truck was put into service. I then proceded to tell him that when I bought my last new truck (2015 Sierra) the warranty started the day I bought it. 

He went and asked his manager when the warranty actually starts and the manager said it would start the day I bought it. I called GM customer service and they told me that the warranty had started in September 2018, which was when the truck was put into service. Im not sure what to do. Has anyone  else experienced this?

16 hours ago, lablue said:

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask.

i bought a 2018 Sierra yesterday. I got almost 17k off the msrp. The truck is considered new. It had 26 miles when I left the dealership. Anyways, I asked the salesman about the warranty and he told me it started the day the truck was put into service. I then proceded to tell him that when I bought my last new truck (2015 Sierra) the warranty started the day I bought it. 

He went and asked his manager when the warranty actually starts and the manager said it would start the day I bought it. I called GM customer service and they told me that the warranty had started in September 2018, which was when the truck was put into service. Im not sure what to do. Has anyone  else experienced this?

Dealer bought it and then put out on the used lot with 26 miles? I bought a suburban like that last year, but the it had only been on the used lot for 3 weeks. Had something like 150-200 miles on it. Warranty started when dealer bought it 3 weeks before. It has been on the new lot or 13 months or so. We had been looking at it all that time. Got a good deal on it though. If your like me warranty will run out on mileage before time anyway. 

Edited by Racindave

5 minutes ago, Racindave said:

Dealer bought it and then put out on the used lot with 26 miles? I bought a suburban like that last year, but the it had only been on the used lot for 3 weeks. Had something like 150-200 miles on it. Warranty started when dealer bought it 3 weeks before. It has been on the new lot or 13 months or so. We had been looking at it all that time. Got a good deal on it though. If your like me warranty will run out on mileage before time anyway. 

No. Dealer had it as a new vehicle. They received it September 2018 and that’s when they put it into service so that is when the warrant started. The first time I drove it it only had 5 miles. I put on 20 miles before I bought it because i test drove it 2 times. I would just think warranty would start the day you buy a new car. 

54 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Should be from the date titled. Better get to the bottom of this.

The General Manager told me it would start the day I bought it. So did the business manager. I did get a really good deal. But I would rather the warranty start the day I bought it.