Headlight Illumination Issues

Today for the first time I drove my 2014 SIERRA TEXAS EDITION in the rain at night....
WOW>>>>>
I had to stop and wait for the rain downpour to let out so I could see where I was going. Not Good.

Driving at night is very stressfull and eye straining to the point of taking headache medications once you are done driving.

Any wayt to fix this Extremely Dangerous Problem?

• Like 2

What many have been saying all along. Escalate your feelings to GM-----Oh wait, don't waste your time, obviously it doesnt matter as 15's have the same headlights.

And yeah I know some say best lights I've ever had, etc.......blah, blah, blah.

GM cite trowls are you reading?

• Like 2

Do you think it's because you're not used to projector beam headlights? Or is this a known issue with the GMC trucks?

I know when I had my first car with projectors I felt this way and had horrible headaches from eye strain for the first month or so. The reason was I was looking just beyond the cutoff line trying to see, I felt like the light should go farther.

I got used to it and have had 3 vehicles in my history with projectors (2 with HID projectors.) The HID helps because the line is more crisp and the light below it is brighter, but on a dark country road it falls short of adequate.

IMO, you have 2 options here, either adjust your cutoff shields upward (which may get you a ticket if you go too high and blind oncoming traffic) or invest in a light bar to assist in heavy rain/extremely dark areas.

Edited by darkfox1
  • Like 1

Too bad you have to spend money on top of your truck purchase just to upgrade lighting where your comportable driving in all situations. Smh!!!!

• Like 3

Just installed 9011 today,got them @ homedepot.com. 40.00 had them sent to store. drove around neighborhood seems to be a little brighter and little more side coverage

9012. The 9006 will interchange with a small mod of trimming the tabs. The 9012 is more efficient and puts out more lumens than the 9006 (1850 for the 9012 and 1000 for the 9006).. Going to the 9006 would be a downgrade from the 9012.