Headlight Illumination Issues

No, it's a 1500.
There is a 35 watt upgrade that is plug n play for that truck. If you go to www.fastheadlights.com it is listed right on the homepage. You have to have the hid headlights though and not the led version. Most of the ltz trucks come with the led headlights. If that is what you have then there really isn't a plug n play option out there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:23 AM, 6.2_GMC_DEN said:

I recently purchased these LED's from diode dynamics. Has anyone had any luck with them?

https://www.diodedynamics.com/hi-lo-beam-led-headlight-for-2014-2015-gmc-sierra-1500-pair.html

Anyone using these ? Pros and Cons if so please.

Yotaman

• 3 weeks later...

The HIDs that are factory in my 2018 are good, but I’m still wanting more. Has anyone done the morimoto 35 or 45 watt replacement D5S?

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d5s-morimoto-xb-hid.html?carDisplay=2016+Chevrolet+Silverado+1500+(HID+Equipped)&preselect=&preselect_restrict=1

The HIDs that are factory in my 2018 are good, but I’m still wanting more. Has anyone done the morimoto 35 or 45 watt replacement D5S?

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d5s-morimoto-xb-hid.html?carDisplay=2016+Chevrolet+Silverado+1500+(HID+Equipped)&preselect=&preselect_restrict=1
We've sold quite a few of them and the feedback has all been positive. Much brighter than the 25 watt factory HIDs. Use gmforum_10% here https://www.fastheadlights.com/product-p/buy_45watt_d5s_hid.htm

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I got some 35W 4500k D5S, the DDM Tuning brand. 

Cons:

-In 4 months I've had it happen probably 10 times where one of the lights didn't fire and I had to turn the lights off an on and it came on on the second try every time. 

-The light is a little bluer than the factory lights, this is a con for me, I like the whiter light.

-When I hit bumps I can see the beam jiggle if you will or shake on the road, like the bulb or headlight is loose.  Checked my headlights, they are tight, it's like the bulbs don't fit in sung enough to the socket or there is some other deficiency.  Both headlights do it.  I don't remember my factory lamps ever doing this.

Pros:

-THEY ARE WAY BRIGHTER, like at least 1.5 times brighter than the factory lamps

-You can get different colors if you are into that

-The beam pattern does not look to me to be any different than the stock beam pattern, no getting flashed by oncoming drivers and scattering light everywhere

Even with the cons I won't go back to those piss poor factory lamps.  Even with the new lamps the stock HID in our old 2011 5 series and the 2016 ES350 put these truck headlights to shame.  I read the factory LED lights are way better, that would have been reason for me to find a truck with them.  Live and learn and try some new headlight mods, truck is still pretty awesome!

• 7 months later...
On 2/7/2019 at 11:30 PM, Denali_Joe said:

I got some 35W 4500k D5S, the DDM Tuning brand. 

Cons:

-In 4 months I've had it happen probably 10 times where one of the lights didn't fire and I had to turn the lights off an on and it came on on the second try every time. 

-The light is a little bluer than the factory lights, this is a con for me, I like the whiter light.

-When I hit bumps I can see the beam jiggle if you will or shake on the road, like the bulb or headlight is loose.  Checked my headlights, they are tight, it's like the bulbs don't fit in sung enough to the socket or there is some other deficiency.  Both headlights do it.  I don't remember my factory lamps ever doing this.

Pros:

-THEY ARE WAY BRIGHTER, like at least 1.5 times brighter than the factory lamps

-You can get different colors if you are into that

-The beam pattern does not look to me to be any different than the stock beam pattern, no getting flashed by oncoming drivers and scattering light everywhere

Even with the cons I won't go back to those piss poor factory lamps.  Even with the new lamps the stock HID in our old 2011 5 series and the 2016 ES350 put these truck headlights to shame.  I read the factory LED lights are way better, that would have been reason for me to find a truck with them.  Live and learn and try some new headlight mods, truck is still pretty awesome!

Just get the morimoto bulbs and 35w hylux ballast from fastws6

I have none of those issues

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have Morimoto from Retrofit and...

HID's went out again. 

Sad to say that I really enjoyed the RetroFit HID's(https://www.theretrofitsource.com/amp-morimoto-xb35.html), but after going through 5 bulbs, 3 igniters and 2 ballasts,  it's a bit much to tackle this as a semi annual routine. 

I mean it's not rocket science putting this together, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Going to strip this set out, go back to halogen until I find something. Just wanted to add my information in here, will for sure read some of these 129 pages and see what I can pull. 

Well, I'm a very impatient person.

I had ordered Dynamic's but found a store locally has a set of GTR's so I grabbed them.

Putting them in this afternoon. 

Edited by FREEZE451

• 6 months later...
On 10/4/2019 at 8:08 AM, FREEZE451 said:

Well, I'm a very impatient person.

I had ordered Dynamic's but found a store locally has a set of GTR's so I grabbed them.

Putting them in this afternoon. 

And....It’s been 6 months. How are they?

• 1 month later...

I think i put my VLED led bulbs in over 4 years ago now without issue knock on wood, still going strong. I would recommend them to some of you that seem to not have very good luck with aftermarket bulbs.