Post Up Your Real Lift Height! How to get Real Lift Measurment

Hello fellow lifted GM trucks enthusiasts,

One of the fun parts of modding a truck is lifting it and picking out exactly what lift gives you the desired height.

With that said I have noticed that on this forum we are seeing guys measure from the ground to the bottom fender well. This is not a correct measurement. Reason is that when you take your measurement from the ground it includes many other variables such as rim size and tire size.

If a guy with the exact same lift as you measured from the ground to the fender well and he happened to have 18" rims and 31" tires then his measurement would be different than say a guy with the same lift with 20" rims and 35" tires. So you see this is not a correct way to measure the trucks lift.

The right way to do this is to measure from center axle to fender well.. By doing this it takes rim and tires out of the measurement.

Here is a example drawn on my truck to explain.

20160412_132439.jpg

So as you see this will give everyone a real measurement to help us all compare and chose a lift that fits our wants.

Lets make this a Thread that everyone can post up true measurements and also include what lift you have.

I will start it off

My mods are a Zone 6.5 lift with AAL in the back and Hellwig helper springs.

My front measures 30.2"

My rear measurres 31.5"

NEXT....................................................................................................................................................................

Archived