Throttle Body Pictures w/ Elite Catch Can & Clean Side Separator

Howdy all

I installed an Elite Engineering E2X catch can and clean side separator around 3,000 miles. I'm currently at 7,500 miles and decided to take a look at the throttle body last night:

20160419_202225_zpssk3wjypw.jpg

20160419_202237_zpsvahucgxu.jpg

Driving factors

I live in Phoenix and the past 4,500 miles it's been 65-90 degrees. 3-5 days a week I have a 15 minute in town drive to work (50MPH), and about 2-4 times a week I'm on the highway for roughly 10-20 miles at 70-75MPH. I drive fairly aggresively and I run only Mobil 1 full synthetic and premium gas.

Here's a picture of what I've collected not including a few ounces I added last night:

20160327_200843_zpsdtab9sby.jpg

Not the most exciting post, but I figured some of you may be interested.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good thing you got the can! all winter long up here in new England half that jar would be filled with water from condensation, i was emptying the can constantly!

I bet! I'm glad I got the kit. I fully understand it doesn't "catch" everything but if it helps just a little bit, why not!

Here's the setup:

20160403_144403_zpsyuekzl80.jpg

I bet! I'm glad I got the kit. I fully understand it doesn't "catch" everything but if it helps just a little bit, why not!

Here's the setup:

20160403_144403_zpsyuekzl80.jpg

Are you running the clean side separator also?

@TheArizonaPatriot, what is that other can off to the right?

Also, you should add another exit port to your catch can. Looks like there is a blank already in the spot. Should be a lot easier than to do than what I had to. Check my video below.

@TheArizonaPatriot, what is that other can off to the right?

Also, you should add another exit port to your catch can. Looks like there is a blank already in the spot. Should be a lot easier than to do than what I had to. Check my video below.

It's a coolant filter; it works really well!

Also, I PM'd you regarding the dual exit mod. Thanks!

For the coolant filter, did you use this how to?

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/185351-How-To:-Adding-A-Coolant-Filter-K2.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes I did! All those exact parts listed worked perfectly and I believe I got everything on Amazon.

Yes I did! All those exact parts listed worked perfectly and I believe I got everything on Amazon.

I guess I would have figured that out if I had just read down the thread a little further!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

What is the point of a coolant filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thread I linked to gives a few reasons, but I'm just waiting for you to get on board and publish a video!

BTW, I have the same CC kit as TheArizonaPatriot and I'm still wondering if there is really any benefit to adding the second exit. I still have the stock air intake and have the clean side separator, which is advertised for those WOT events. Thoughts?

The thread I linked to gives a few reasons, but I'm just waiting for you to get on board and publish a video!

BTW, I have the same CC kit as TheArizonaPatriot and I'm still wondering if there is really any benefit to adding the second exit. I still have the stock air intake and have the clean side separator, which is advertised for those WOT events. Thoughts?

Seems like a neat mod. I'm just curious why you had crud in your coolant tank before you did this. The coolant system is closed and there shouldn't be any debris getting in there. I'll have to look at my overflow tank and see. But I doubt I will see anything since I just had a new radiator installed.

Seems like a neat mod. I'm just curious why you had crud in your coolant tank before you did this. The coolant system is closed and there shouldn't be any debris getting in there. I'll have to look at my overflow tank and see. But I doubt I will see anything since I just had a new radiator installed.

I actual don't have the mod. However, I was thinking it would be good one to do while my truck is new if there really is a build up of junk. Thus, the prompting for the video.

I'm planning on looking at mine this weekend, but I hope there isn't anything with only 1200 miles.

Archived