Lift leveling a 2016 2500hd, can I run 35's

Damn, wish I got on the site before I bought the kit lol. Would it make any sense at all to put the kit in and keep it at 2.5". That way being in the lower height of the kit maybe arms won't bottom out and shocks aren't over extending? Maybe ride quality would b better?

If it goes to a minimum of 2.5" then yeah you can set it there, it's going to be a lot easier on your front end trust me

Damn, wish I got on the site before I bought the kit lol. Would it make any sense at all to put the kit in and keep it at 2.5". That way being in the lower height of the kit maybe arms won't bottom out and shocks aren't over extending? Maybe ride quality would b better?

Yes, you can use that Tuff Country kit and just keep it cranked below 3" of lift. With the new UCA's and the differential drop, you'll be in good shape. You just spent more money than you really needed to for 2.5" of lift. No biggie. If you're satisfied with less than 3" of lift, then you'll be fine. If you're really wanting closer to 4" of lift, then try to return the kit and spend some extra coin on a true 4"-5" suspension lift and keep it cranked down for a nice ride and easy clearance 35" tires.

Ok sorry for being such a pain in this stuff but im getting conflicting answers. I just spoke with the people that sell the kit and they said that the arms and the drop kit are going to return the truck to factory geometry and everything would b at stock angles. Now I know that they are there to sell the product so they will say whatever but he did seem knowledgeable. He said to call the lift company themselves if I have any concerns. I don't know if this is a factor but the kit does come with a 1 inch block for the rear and he said that helps out aswell. At this point in prob beating a dead horse so to speak but if I could get more input I'd appreciate it. Again sorry if I'm becoming a pain lol. Thanks

Ok so after talking to the tuff country tech guy I think I'm gonna go with the kit installation. He did say that it should have a little bit of adjustment so im gonna try to get it down to 3 inch in the front. I would return the kit but I also want that 1 inch in the rear. Wish I could get 2" in the rear but o well. I did see another guy on here that i belive has the same kit installed, or atleast the same lift measurements and j like it. I guess by wanting a bigger tire ( around a 35" ) my idea of keeping my stock rims are out the window, unless u guys have other ideas. So now I have to find a rim and tire package that I can afford, looks good and will fill the wheel well. Keep your comments coming bc I never know what I'm actually gonna do. With all this truck stuff I've been researching im about to rip my hair out so if u guys have other options let me know.

Ok so after talking to the tuff country tech guy I think I'm gonna go with the kit installation. He did say that it should have a little bit of adjustment so im gonna try to get it down to 3 inch in the front. I would return the kit but I also want that 1 inch in the rear. Wish I could get 2" in the rear but o well. I did see another guy on here that i belive has the same kit installed, or atleast the same lift measurements and j like it. I guess by wanting a bigger tire ( around a 35" ) my idea of keeping my stock rims are out the window, unless u guys have other ideas. So now I have to find a rim and tire package that I can afford, looks good and will fill the wheel well. Keep your comments coming bc I never know what I'm actually gonna do. With all this truck stuff I've been researching im about to rip my hair out so if u guys have other options let me know.

You can order a rear block kit for like $60 comes complete with the u bolts. Save your money, return the kit, crank the bars, slap some 35's under it and install your rear block kit

I can't get pics I'm too busy but looks good with the lift and his is a diesel too and our buddy who works at a gm garage put it in so tell everyone to get bent that say don't use the lift he's had it for a year or so now and everything is fine so I'd put the lift in screw them man they don't know they aren't machanics!!!!!!

I can't get pics I'm too busy but looks good with the lift and his is a diesel too and our buddy who works at a gm garage put it in so tell everyone to get bent that say don't use the lift he's had it for a year or so now and everything is fine so I'd put the lift in screw them man they don't know they aren't machanics!!!!!!

You clearly aren't an English teacher either. I'm giving the guy honest, truthful advice on what's going to happen. Those spacer kits sketch me out, trust me, I've looked at the 3.5" kit for my 1500 and it had the same setup. The uniball control arms are gonna be at max all the time. If anything it's worse than cranking keys.

OP, I'm just trying to give you the best advice from my personal experiences with lift. I had a 6" lift through Rough Country on my 02 originally, well it was actually a 4" and you cranked the keys 2". With bigger tires I wore out the ball joints in 20k miles. Was pissed off at RCX so I went with a McGaughys lift and it lifted the front the full 7" with a full 7" drop on everything. Mind you I had to buy a double cardan front driveshaft but the angles on that kit were the closest to stock I had since it was stock. Rode great when I put Bilsteins all the way around.

Take it for what it's worth, but ultimately it's your truck so do as you please.

• Like 2

I've got 35s on my 2500 with just cranked tbars. I'd send that kit back. I did put bilsteins the way around it too and still spent less than half of what that kit cost and have better angles. 8f64d0ede46c39ebb4eca0d0aed782c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many inches did u go up with your keys and how much further could u go? Also how is the ride ? Edited by Touchdown88
  • Like 1

Bc of the color of my truck it is difficult but I think I finally made my wheel and tire choice. I think I'm gonna run anthem aviators 18/9's with a -12 offset and 285/75/18 toyo open country tho im not 100% on the tire yet.if u guys have any other options of a tire that size and around the same cost let me know. The tires are just shy of 35's and im hopein they look good and fill the fender well.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished getting new tires on my truck. 2015 2500 with air bags in the rear and cranked torsion bars with stock keys for a leveled lift. I was running 295/70-18's, had no issues, got a smoking deal on some 35 12.50 18's they mounted no problem and clear easily.

post-84385-146281922899_thumb.jpg

post-84385-146281924929_thumb.jpg

post-84385-146281926117_thumb.jpg

post-84385-146281927321_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I started with buying leveling keys to try and clear 35's. By the time I got it high enough for the 35's my ride quality was unbearable. So, I bought the fab tech 4" level with uca's and new ball joints including diff spacers. The 35's fit with no scrubing and the ride is much better but I spend over 2k for still a ride quality less than stock. My advice is to buy the 5" suspension for around the same price and crank the keys down. You will be so much happier in the long run. Learn from me

post-127872-0-81840500-1463403792_thumb.jpg

Edited by cullumj1
  • Like 2

I got the 3.5 inch tuff country lift in. I then bumped up to 18 inch anthem rims and put 285/75/18's toyo at extreams on them. I didn't max out the keys and lifted the front 3 inch. The ride is a lot better then stock and my angles aren't to bad at all. I love the way the truck looks more then I thought I would, just have to do some minor trimming on the plastic. My issue now is that im getting a little bump steering and need to correct that, im thinking some steering stabilizers. Waiting to hear some opinions on them in another topic.

And I really want to know how to post a pic here

I got the 3.5 inch tuff country lift in. I then bumped up to 18 inch anthem rims and put 285/75/18's toyo at extreams on them. I didn't max out the keys and lifted the front 3 inch. The ride is a lot better then stock and my angles aren't to bad at all. I love the way the truck looks more then I thought I would, just have to do some minor trimming on the plastic. My issue now is that im getting a little bump steering and need to correct that, im thinking some steering stabilizers. Waiting to hear some opinions on them in another topic.

And I really want to know how to post a pic here

Click MORE REPLY OPTIONS then at the bottom you can attach photos