Lift leveling a 2016 2500hd, can I run 35's

Whoever you spoke to lied to you, the most you can do is install 5/8in. front diff spacers, 5/8in. is not going to put the CV angles back to factory specs.

A level is a level, you can spend alot or a little to get the same results, I would rather piece a leveling kit together and only use the items needed to achieve the results, I have listed these items but here we go again.

Crank stock torsion bar bolts until you are happy with the height achieved, get allingment.

Want to try and get the CV angles closer to stock and not have to worry about blowing a CV axle and twisting the front end then install the 5/8in. front diff drop spacers.

Want to get the shocks back into the correct zone then add shock spacers, don't be surprised if you find the factory or "factory Rancho aka junk" shocks leaking when you are looking at them, you will be extremely happy with Bilstein 5100 shocks while using the shock spacers or better yet the Fox 2.0's.

Does the truck ride harsh and top out when hitting a bump? Then the upper control arms are hitting on the frame stops and you need to install aftermarket upper control arms and quality Spicer ball joints.

At this point you have done everything you can do to achieve the best possible ride out of a leveled truck.

Start down the list, stop when you are happy.

Send checks to my PayPal account after all I just saved all you a lot of money.

This is an old post. I've been running this kit for over a year now with zero issues. The aftermarket arms are nice with extra grease fittings and are good quality. If I had to complain about anything it was that the bigger tires gave me a slight bit of bump steer. To fix that I just lowered the front down a tiny bit. Now that they finally came out with parts for this truck I installed a steering stabilizer and it fixed everything. All angles are fine, the kit came with shock spacers, differential drop brackets and limiter straps. Everything is good.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an old post. I've been running this kit for over a year now with zero issues. The aftermarket arms are nice with extra grease fittings and are good quality. If I had to complain about anything it was that the bigger tires gave me a slight bit of bump steer. To fix that I just lowered the front down a tiny bit. Now that they finally came out with parts for this truck I installed a steering stabilizer and it fixed everything. All angles are fine, the kit came with shock spacers, differential drop brackets and limiter straps. Everything is good.

First time I have heard of anyone installing limiter straps for the shocks on these trucks, good idea really as the suspension trying to rip the shocks in half destroys them in short order.

A little late reply, but I just put 35's (34.8") on my 2015 HD. I bought 285/75-18's (Toyo Open Country AT2 Extreme's)...on stock wheels. I put in a 2" front lift (keys and shock extensions) with a 1.5" rear block. NO RUBBING at all on the front, even with stock splash guards! Just an FYI. Rides nice and the tires fill up the wheel wells nicely.

Would love to see some pictures of that setup!!

• 2 months later...

This is interesting reading on all opinions of level vs lifts. My 2017 is itching for a lift/level kit. I have been seriously looking at Rough Country 3.5 kit. So its a Level kit with Upper arms, Keys,diff drop, new shocks and rear blocks. I want just 2.5" in the front so some either 35"s pr 305" will fit on some after marker 20 x 10" rims will go on. I leveled a 1500 with shock spacers and the rid sucked. I hope by using the arms, different keys and spacers i'll get close to stock ride.  After install I will try and get before and after pics of the CV angles and report the ride difference for anyone who curious. 

Just a note, if anyone has installed this kit on 2016 or 17 2500HD would be glad to hear about any reviews or complaints. 

Ended up going with 295/60r20 Nitto Trail Grapple MT on 20x10 -24 XD buck2017-12-12.png

2017-12-13.png

2 hours ago, Catman HD said:

This is interesting reading on all opinions of level vs lifts. My 2017 is itching for a lift/level kit. I have been seriously looking at Rough Country 3.5 kit. So its a Level kit with Upper arms, Keys,diff drop, new shocks and rear blocks. I want just 2.5" in the front so some either 35"s pr 305" will fit on some after marker 20 x 10" rims will go on. I leveled a 1500 with shock spacers and the rid sucked. I hope by using the arms, different keys and spacers i'll get close to stock ride.  After install I will try and get before and after pics of the CV angles and report the ride difference for anyone who curious. 

Just a note, if anyone has installed this kit on 2016 or 17 2500HD would be glad to hear about any reviews or complaints. 

2011+ HD trucks are the same, don't limit your reviews to the current bodystyle.

Just my experience...

i have a 2015 HD and did something similar. I installed a Supreme Suspension lift/level...2” front, 1.5” spacer rear. I was able to run 285/75r18’s (34.8”) with no rubbing at all. 

So yes, in my opinion you can run 35’s on a lift/level, however I doubt you can go any wider than a 285, because she’s definitely tight. Makes it look nice though, rugged but not overdone. 

3661215D-4C26-4BF3-85F2-B56E410E6BB4.jpeg

On 12/10/2017 at 8:47 AM, Maine-ah32 said:

i have a 2015 HD and did something similar. I installed a Supreme Suspension lift/level...2” front, 1.5” spacer rear. I was able to run 285/75r18’s (34.8”) with no rubbing at all. 

Love your setup. Can your truck fit in a standard 7' garage? 

Thanks! I live it.

I have an 8’ door and park in my garage all winter (need that heated garage up here in Maine). It might be tight on a 7’. Truck sits at about 6’7” floor to roof top. Not sure if you have a garage door opener, it might hit that if you do. 

34 minutes ago, Maine-ah32 said:

Thanks! I live it.

I have an 8’ door and park in my garage all winter (need that heated garage up here in Maine). It might be tight on a 7’. Truck sits at about 6’7” floor to roof top. Not sure if you have a garage door opener, it might hit that if you do. 

Roger that. I haven't actually measured my truck, but there isn't much room to spare on my 7' garage with the 1.5" front lift and 34's. I'd like to go a little taller, but need to be able to fit in the garage. 

• 3 months later...

Ended up going with 295/60r20 Nitto Trail Grapple MT on 20x10 -24 XD buck2017-12-12.png

2017-12-13.png

So did you end up buying this size? I’m looking at a similar size and offset 20x10-18 and 35x12.5 tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived