Truck Sales Have GM and Its Managers Rolling In Dough

Gorehamj

post-139450-0-97178000-1461600599.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
4/25/2016

Late last week General Motors fiscal quarter-end numbers were released, and the General is raking in the profits from expensive, high-end trucks. Even though unit sales have started to level off or decline in the U.S. and China, GM's two strongest markets for sales, the company doubled its profits compared to the same quarter last year. GM's $1.95 million in profits for the quarter set a company record. This according to the Wall St. Journal. The climb in profits is credited to selling a higher percentage of pricey trucks and full-size SUVs.

Individual managers at the company are also doing well. Mary Barra, the CEO of GM, is now compensated at a rate of about $28.6 million per year according to the Detroit Free Press. Although the rank and file union members that build GM's vehicles ( for the most part) have also benefitted from profit sharing bonuses, Barra now earns about the equivalent of 356 union members (making, say $80K per year). As a point of comparison, Akio Toyoda, the CEO of Toyota (global) takes home the equivalent of roughly two to three million U.S. dollars per year according to multiple sources, and has for some time. Are you surprised that GM's top executive makes ten times what Toyota's does?

IMO she has proven her worth without a doubt. Too bad more of the $$$ made couldn't go back into the products than the amount (whatever that may be) is. GM has def. turned things around when it comes to their product, but I don't think that it wouldn't hurt them to have more $$$ to spend for engineering, validation, quality control, suppliers, etc.

She would be a big winner if she gave a lot of that money she makes back to the employees. But if she can run an honest corporation, and can produce things that the public wants, that are reliable.. She'll also be a big winner. Some donations back to the government and public as a whole will also go a long way given that the government and public helped GM with the bail out.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if she drives any but I would like her to try mine with the factory lights with the upgrade and listen to the radio with the upgrade and get her thoughts on how they perform. 2014 GMC sierras. She should know where a lot of profit comes from?

She should take any number of the trucks on this vibration forum for a ride. I bet this woman has never driven anything other than Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, (insert another high end brand here) etc. I would suspect that she would be appalled as the terrible craftsmanship, quality control, and design deficiencies. We should have let Government Motors crash and burn instead of giving them a bail out. The fact that these High Level Officials in these companies take home so much money while not only putting out SH*T products, but their employees in all likelihood struggle, at least at the lowest levels is disgusting. I really hope all of the problems these vehicles have come back to seriously bite them in the *SS.

She would be a big winner if she gave a lot of that money she makes back to the employees. But if she can run an honest corporation, and can produce things that the public wants, that are reliable.. She'll also be a big winner. Some donations back to the government and public as a whole will also go a long way given that the government and public helped GM with the bail out.

It would be nice if they paid the government back so they were whole again from the bailout.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

IMO she has proven her worth without a doubt. Too bad more of the $$$ made couldn't go back into the products than the amount (whatever that may be) is. GM has def. turned things around when it comes to their product, but I don't think that it wouldn't hurt them to have more $$$ to spend for engineering, validation, quality control, suppliers, etc.

Maybe some spent on better exhaust manifold bolts on my 2015 6.0 that broke!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Archived