6.0 20psi Oil Pressure Idle

ive done some searching over the interwebs for this but got mixed info. figured ide come to the horses mouth and see what yall have to say.

im looking at getting an 09 2500hd with the 6.0, link is below.

I noticed at idle after the car was warmed up (didnt check when I first turned it on) the idle oil pressure was 20psi and when cruising it was around 40psi give or take.

to me this seems quite low, but i dont know this newer gen 6.0 that well so I could be wrong. I had an older one in my ws6 a few years back that idle was 45ish and cruising was in the 60s but thats also with sae50 race oil lol.

anyways any input from you guys would be appreciated, the truck drove great, although it pulled to the left but I think the front left tire was a little low gonna have them look into that. I asked the dealership to change the oil and filter for me so I can see if the pressure changes.

http://www.tacautogroup.com/2009_Chevrolet_Silverado%202500HD_Austin_TX_2314624.veh

thanks everyone, comforting to know this.

the only other problem is it pulls to the left, but thats either the front left tire was low or the alignment is off both of which should be easy fixes. and I noticed when turning the steering wheel left there was a rubbing noise (I think it was something in the steering wheel itself) has anyone experienced this? it definitely wasn't a PS noise or anything mechanical ide say, just sounded like a low vibration rub.

thanks again. ill prolly offer them 16.5 including TTL and see if they bite this will be my toy/beach-goer/hauler

Archived