GM 6 piston Brembo Big Brake Kit 84050685

Anybody know anything about the 6 piston Brembo Big Brake Kit coming out for our trucks? Part number is 84050685

http://m.chevrolet.com/performance/silverado-parts.html#.VyplXJ8pDqD

I was just wondering if these are new castings or just repurposed CTS-V/ZL1 calipers.

It would be great if they can keep the price below $1500

Edited by stereojnky

Doubt it. On a Camaro the same RPO front brake kit is $2175 and the 6 piston for the Camaro is over 3 grand... so I imagine it will be priced to where no one would ever buy it lol.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dude thanks for sharing, subscribed! just need them for my GMC

the link takes us to the home page for some reason?

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/silverado-parts.html

Here is what's listed

MASSIVE STOPPING POWER

PERFORMANCE FRONT BRAKE KIT

P/N 84050685 (2014+ Silverado 1500/2015+ Tahoe and Suburban) /
MSRP: Mid 2016
The Chevrolet Performance 5JL front brake system features Brembo® six-piston, fixed aluminum calipers loaded with high performance brake pads clamping on massive 410 x 32mm (16.1” x 1.3”) vented and slotted Duralife rotors to increase system thermal capacity. Coupled with a 94% increase in brake pad area, testing shows a brake torque increase of up to 35% over the stock brakes. Duralife rotors feature a hardened surface to reduce corrosion and provide quieter braking with less vibration. The 5JL brake package includes all necessary hardware and installation instructions. This front brake system is available for any light-duty 2014+ Silverado and light-duty 2015+ Tahoe/Suburban with 20”– 22” original equipment or GM Accessory wheels (excluding 22-inch accessory wheels SEU).

16.1" rotor.... yes please!

Edited by camcamaro1991

Dude thanks for sharing, subscribed! just need them for my GMC

the link takes us to the home page for some reason?

Here is what's listed

MASSIVE STOPPING POWER

PERFORMANCE FRONT BRAKE KIT

P/N 84050685 (2014+ Silverado 1500/2015+ Tahoe and Suburban) /

MSRP: Mid 2016

The Chevrolet Performance 5JL front brake system features Brembo® six-piston, fixed aluminum calipers loaded with high performance brake pads clamping on massive 410 x 32mm (16.1” x 1.3”) vented and slotted Duralife rotors to increase system thermal capacity. Coupled with a 94% increase in brake pad area, testing shows a brake torque increase of up to 35% over the stock brakes. Duralife rotors feature a hardened surface to reduce corrosion and provide quieter braking with less vibration. The 5JL brake package includes all necessary hardware and installation instructions. This front brake system is available for any light-duty 2014+ Silverado and light-duty 2015+ Tahoe/Suburban with 20”– 22” original equipment or GM Accessory wheels (excluding 22-inch accessory wheels SEU).

16.1" rotor.... yes please!

Thanks for the summary. When I click the link, it takes me to the accessories page where the brakes are.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just wonder if the z06 calipers can be bolted to the 14+ like you could to the 99+ trucks. Just had a special bracket and it was all good. I tried to google it but came up empty handed.

I just wonder if the z06 calipers can be bolted to the 14+ like you could to the 99+ trucks. Just had a special bracket and it was all good. I tried to google it but came up empty handed.

Saw them at Chevy's media preview for SEMA. They will be overpriced and it is front only. They are not doing a 4 piston kit for the rear. The money would be better spend on Wilwood Baer.

• Like 1

Brembo is top shelf. But their front kit was in the stratosphere when I looked a couple years ago. I went with Wilwood.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/165463-wilwood-1425-front-brake-conversion/?hl=wilwood

My choice was the 14.25" 6 piston. If I wanted to go to 20" wheels, I could have chosen the 16" set they make. Worth the money to me because of the 33x12.50 tires

• Like 1

It shouldn't be anywhere near that expensive. I'm guessing 1/2 that or less. GM gets the economy of scale with some of these things that the aftermarket just can't compete with. Here's a similar kit for the 2016 Camaros: http://www.shopchevyparts.com/performance/2016-camaro-performance-brake-kit-brembo-piston-front/23245471-p-92286463.html

While those rotors are smaller they're more expensive two piece so I'd expect this truck kit to be somewhere around that street price or less. And that, would be one hell of a deal on some seriously massive brakes. Back in the day, you expected to pay $3K for a front big brake kit with puny (but big at the time) 13" rotors and 4 piston calipers (of Brembo quality).

I'm glad to see GM offering this kit. While I've said before I feel the brakes on our trucks are adequate there are lots of legit reasons to want to upgrade. The idea of GM part numbers for everything is (and likely available installation at any dealer) will be attractive to many.

And 16.1" rotors with 6-pot Brembos is one hell of an upgrade! Pads double the size means they should last nearly forever, the increase in swept area and accompanying thermal mass is huge meaning these brakes will only heat to a much lower temp under hard stops and they'll cool off much faster. For people wanting massive braking power without needing aggressive pads that turn their wheels black, this should be one hell of a kit. Hopefully they'll keep the price reasonable.

As some one else said, the 6-piston Brembo kit for the Camaro was around 3 grand. However, I came from the Camaro forums since I used to own a 2013 Camaro 2SS. There was a thread over at the Camaro5 forums where a few guys got 6piston kits for substantially less. I will try to find it and post it later tonight when I get home.

Basically, a guy purchased everything through amazon. He used the original equipment part numbers for the CTS-V 6 piston calipers. They do not say Brembo on them at all, but they are manufactured for the CTS-V by Brembo. He then got ACDelco calipers and pads to go with them. I think he had to also get new lines or a line extension? All in all, it came out to just over $1,000 for 6 piston front brakes. The install took him an hour or 2 in his drive, not counting bleeding the brakes.

As some one else said, the 6-piston Brembo kit for the Camaro was around 3 grand. However, I came from the Camaro forums since I used to own a 2013 Camaro 2SS. There was a thread over at the Camaro5 forums where a few guys got 6piston kits for substantially less. I will try to find it and post it later tonight when I get home.

Basically, a guy purchased everything through amazon. He used the original equipment part numbers for the CTS-V 6 piston calipers. They do not say Brembo on them at all, but they are manufactured for the CTS-V by Brembo. He then got ACDelco calipers and pads to go with them. I think he had to also get new lines or a line extension? All in all, it came out to just over $1,000 for 6 piston front brakes. The install took him an hour or 2 in his drive, not counting bleeding the brakes.

That's kind of what I was hoping is that they were the same calipers and we could just find some nice rotors and get it done on the cheap. The calipers are around $350 each on amazon. It would be awesome if no bracket is required for the swap just new lines.

I don't understand why they charge so much for this kind of stuff. Instead of $3k, they could charge half that, sell 10 times as many as they sell now and still make a killing. If we can piece together a kit for $1k then it probably doesn't cost them half of that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My best guess only by looking at the current Camaro 6 piston kit that has includes extra parts like rotor shields and brake lines .... truck kit about 2,300-2,500. Regardless I will being ordering a set, but want black calipers & GMC version if there is a option. I Tow and like others have said the brakes are good on these trucks, but more is better and it will fill the wheel space that the stock brakes look goofy up front.