2016 SLT lights in 14/15 SLT/All Terrain almost done

14 minutes ago, 2SSRS said:

Got it, here is the good and bad of the new LED headlight, Good is there LED for both the Hi and Low beams, the bad is there LED for the Hi and low beams, so we think the computer on the headlight went bad, and lost a circuit in side that controls the low beam, looked it the one we opened here at the shop, it runs all the wires from the LED board to the computer on the side of the headlight.

The low beam works if I hook a power and ground from the battery to the pins on the harness or adapter. 

Just now, BringTheRain403 said:

Is it possible is not liking the capacitor?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I didnt see a capacitor on the harness but that doesnt mean anything as it was almost dark. Even then it should come while the truck is off. I even tried two of mine with same results. 

I didnt see a capacitor on the harness but that doesnt mean anything as it was almost dark. Even then it should come while the truck is off. I even tried two of mine with same results. 
Come to think of it if it is a factory HID truck there wouldn't be a capacitor necessary if I remember correctly. If your harness has one would it cause an issue? Is it possible high and low have separate grounds?

1 minute ago, BringTheRain403 said:

Come to think of it if it is a factory HID truck there wouldn't be a capacitor necessary if I remember correctly. If your harness has one would it cause an issue? Is it possible high and low have separate grounds?

No factory HID truck same ground. I will try to get him over this week and swap the headlights around and see if I can rule out the wiring. Hopefully he can find where they came from and get a replacement if so. 

No factory HID truck same ground. I will try to get him over this week and swap the headlights around and see if I can rule out the wiring. Hopefully he can find where they came from and get a replacement if so. 
Could he swap headlights right to left and see if the issue follows the headlight?

3 hours ago, zmnypit said:

Yep. All the way to the light. I jumped both the light and the existing harness. Main truck harness is getting power at the factory plug as well. Low beams will not power on though even though it gets power. Pass side works fine. 

Have to done the “wiggle” test? Could be a bad connection at the lamp. If that trucks putting out power to the lamp harness side and you can jump power into that lamp it should work, sounds like a bad pin (lamp side) not making a good enough connection to fire the lamp.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody by chance have the tail light wiring diagram/pinout for the plugs? I would like to know which pins are the brake and signal lights. Also, how they are controlled and maybe if we can separate it. Wanting to add a diffuser and LEDs in the rectangular reflector portion for the brake lights. 

On 10/26/2017 at 12:49 PM, henrypbui said:

Does anybody by chance have the tail light wiring diagram/pinout for the plugs? I would like to know which pins are the brake and signal lights. Also, how they are controlled and maybe if we can separate it. Wanting to add a diffuser and LEDs in the rectangular reflector portion for the brake lights. 

I have mine apart right now waiting for my led's to come in. if you want I can strip my old light harness and take some photos for ya? let me know i'm just watching tv today and being a lazy bastard in general. =)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,
Been following the thread for a few days now. I have a 14 GMC Sierra Denali. Got a deal on the 2016 model pass side headlight and actively searching for drivers now. How do I go about getting the zmnypit harness and how much?

Vann is the one that started the thread. Send him a PM ad I'm sure he'll get back to you right away

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1