2016 SLT lights in 14/15 SLT/All Terrain almost done

7 hours ago, Mr. Carolina said:

Nice! Doesn't look too jacked up and sits high enough for me. I've been looking for one, thanks

Thanks, ya I have an older chebby with a 4 inch and the huge trucks aren’t my thing anymore, this is my ol beast, just use her for work and the nasty stuff lol

F316148A-3ED9-4863-8E95-5E985861CA3C.jpeg

Edited by ross001
I’m tired lol

• 3 weeks later...

Just joined the club after finally finding the new headlights for a decent price. Had the harness from Vann for awhile. At one point I connected the new headlights and went to grab the bolt to secure it, and the headlight fell and the harness split apart at the connector. So I had to re-wire it, but it all worked out in the end, no issues!

b61NBLj.jpg

dF27pNR.jpg

D3ckRcn.jpg

BOD8rn6.jpg

• Like 1

That looks sweet! I got a deal on the passenger side and waiting for one the drivers. Where did you end up buying them?

1 hour ago, roadblock said:

Just joined the club after finally finding the new headlights for a decent price. Had the harness from Vann for awhile. At one point I connected the new headlights and went to grab the bolt to secure it, and the headlight fell and the harness split apart at the connector. So I had to re-wire it, but it all worked out in the end, no issues!

b61NBLj.jpg

dF27pNR.jpg

D3ckRcn.jpg

BOD8rn6.jpg

18 minutes ago, Mr. Carolina said:

That looks sweet! I got a deal on the passenger side and waiting for one the drivers. Where did you end up buying them?

Off eBay, I'm in Canada and got a nice set from Canada as well. Took months of waiting though.

Edited by roadblock

Looks good! I finished mine a couple weeks ago and forgot to post pics. I did a lot more than just heads and tails but I am pretty happy with how it turned out. 

Changed from SLE to A/T Grille

Black GMC letters

Powdercoated front and back bumper

Added Morimoto XB LED Fogs 

2017 Headlights and Taillights

Replaced Front Bumper Skid Plate (old one had a hole in it) and added the License Plate Cover

608DB4AD-FA64-4819-8518-3335AEE874FC.jpeg

F3132FF4-92ED-4F5E-B9E4-91869285A48E.jpeg

6DA12974-96BD-4814-A8DF-19177C206487.jpeg

3614FE10-6C0C-45F9-A429-7C1ED20F3F63.jpeg

Edited by bwright2112
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bwright2112 said:

Looks good! I finished mine a couple weeks ago and forgot to post pics. I did a lot more than just heads and tails but I am pretty happy with how it turned out. 

Changed from SLE to A/T Grille

Black GMC letters

Powdercoated front and back bumper

Added Morimoto XB LED Fogs 

2017 Headlights and Taillights

Replaced Front Bumper Skid Plate (old one had a hole in it) and added the License Plate Cover

Nice work! Really cleans it up! I forgot to mention I had the Morimoto fogs in already from the group buy. I need to do something with that tow hook surround next. Anyone know if it's hard to get off? Maybe just plasti-dip it as is?

2 minutes ago, roadblock said:

Nice work! Really cleans it up! I forgot to mention I had the Morimoto fogs in already from the group buy. I need to do something with that tow hook surround next. Anyone know if it's hard to get off? Maybe just plasti-dip it as is?

I couldn’t decide if I wanted to leave the plugs in or buy tow hooks but being a regular cab I decided to pass on the tow hooks.

I left mine as it was. Black plastic from the factory. I thought about painting it but I think it looks ok with the flat black on it.

It wasn’t hard to get off for me because I had the whole bumper off ha ha but it does all bolt/screw/clip in from the backside of the bumper.

Now that I am thinking about it though I’m not sure if you can get it off without the bumper being removed. Surely that isn’t the case though. I wasn’t paying a whole lot of attention as I had to remove the bumper anyways but I know I put it back on before I put the bumper back on too and I was looking around behind there and I don’t remember seeing a way to get to those screws. I wonder if you could get it off just by taking the plastic piece above the bumper off though. That would make a lot more sense.

I went on a 2800 mile road trip LA to Coer de Alene Idaho and back in 5 days, in my 2014 fitted with the 2016-17 LED headlights, to pick up a new bird dog. I did a bit of night driving with these LED factory lights.  I’m pleased with the side visibility. They seem even better than the 14 halogen projectors, with a TRS HID kit I had for 3 years, for side lighting.  The forward distance lighting isn’t quite as good as HID in the halogen projector. But it’s still good, and much better than the original all stock 2014-15 halogen projectors.

My opinion of the Rigid Industries SAE fog lights is mixed.  In heavy snowfall, the fogs made it harder to see.  The sharp cutoff of the headlights made the fog lights not only unnecessary, but obsolete.  The SAE fogs do add some side visibility when I don’t want to burn the paint off the back of a vehicle in front of me with my Baja Designs driving lights. 

3FF91A80-3DC3-4B68-8263-A4F1B0F6CBCD.jpegDSC_7808 (Large).JPG

Edited by Spurshot

2015 Denali, I hated the halogen in projector lights and ordered the HID replacements that fit right in the projectors. less than 2 hours to install and less than $200 for the entire kit from RetroFit. So bright you would be amazed! Love them! I also got the super bright LED replacement fog lights that have the same flat on top beam look as the projectors, WOW, 200 % better than stock! They also were under $200 per set. I am now super happy with the light brightness and projection. My son-in-law was so impressed he installed same set up on his 2015 silverado 

b61NBLj.jpg
dF27pNR.jpg
D3ckRcn.jpg
BOD8rn6.jpg

What kind of fog lights are those? Are they brighter than stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, SuperAllTerrain said:

What kind of fog lights are those? Are they brighter than stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think those are The Retrofit Source (TRS) fogs.  https://www.theretrofitsource.com/assemblies/led-fog-lights/gmc-morimoto-xb-led.html

Stock fogs are 500 lumens each. TRS fogs are 1200 lumens each.