2016 SLT lights in 14/15 SLT/All Terrain almost done

2 minutes ago, jackedupZ71 said:

from what i had read through the threads and on a few sites, depending what model and lights you had, if you chose to go with leds, you wouldn’t be able to run parking lights without headlights being on. i’ll have to dig through and see if i can find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks.

Has anyone experienced this with the LED swap from the factory HID's?

11 minutes ago, MHPrior80 said:

My 18 has the HIDs in it, how are the LED headlights comparrdnto HID?  Are the LEDs better or no??

I went from a 55W HID setup in a 2015 GMC SLE crewcab to 2018 GMC LED headlights and I would never go back. Hids threw the light a little further but the reliability and beam pattern is incredible on the LEDS.

2 minutes ago, grnmtnboy said:

Ok, thanks.

Has anyone experienced this with the LED swap from the factory HID's?

I didnt have factory HIDS but I went from a 55W kit to factory LEDs and will say they are more reliable and just as good.

• Like 1

I have a 2016 Denali 2500.

Just buy the harness from Vann. You will have all the functionality you already have. It's only on the SLE models that have to get power for the LED "C" from a wire that is hot when the key is on that makes you lose the ability to turn the parking lights off because they turn on with the key not the switch. With the SLT and Denali everything works as designed because they already have the LED parking lights. 

The Gen5 harness is this huge harness. If you have an SLE you NEED that. With a Denali or SLT you just need the short adaptor Vann makes.

Vann's harness is significantly cheaper too...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

615843cce159d0e9c053f443668c3b2d.jpg

as stated it is the sle models that are the peculiar ones. I emailed gen5 to make sure what harness i needed and they put me on the right track for the slt to factory hid being my Denali is a 15, it was just halogen. I wasn’t aware of Vanns harness leaving all components functioning like factory, but also didn’t find a set of led’s either

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I have had the 2016 led headlights installed with Van’s harness for 2 years without problems and today while sitting at a stop I saw reflection in car in front of me that my driver side headlight turned  off but the drl and side marker still lit.  About 30-40 seconds later Headlight came back on. Anyone else have any issues with the headlights going out?  I bought the headlights brand new not used so I’m hoping the assembly is going bad.  I would think if it was a connection issue in the harness the drl would have also gone out

How did you get your led drls so nice and white? Seem brighter than mine on my 2015. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I did the led board swap were the led have multiple functions I did the diode dynamics swap the lights are brighter and they have different functions than the factory and for the head light I did morimoto hid and morimoto fog lamps

What's the going rate now a days for this setup? I have the Denali lights on my truck with Vann's harness and I'm thinking about trading my truck in on a new AT4 once I get the deal I am looking for. Lights are on perfect condition no broken tabs and they have a clear 3M film on them. Just kinda getting an idea what these are going for. They aren't for sale at this point...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk