2016 SLT lights in 14/15 SLT/All Terrain almost done

Sure - Some dealerships have apparently converted/installed the 2016 headlamp assemblies into 2014/2015 trucks in response to customer complaints regarding poor lighting. My question is basically - how did they do it, and did it work right?

First I've heard or seen of this. Do you have a link?

Edited by zmnypit

First I've heard or seen of this. Do you have a link?

I have done this exact programming for a couple of dealers, its likely one of those unless they went the aftermarket cobble your wiring route.

I have done this exact programming for a couple of dealers, its likely one of those unless they went the aftermarket cobble your wiring route.

For the LED lights or the 16 2500 HID lights? I could see the dealer doing the HID swap but not the LED swap.

Got the lights installed late last night... it was a long work day so sorry guys no pics. ?

I don't know if they are actually brighter than my trs hid setup, but the color and beam pattern are definitely much better.

The led headlights as well as the c shaped running lights now match the rigid dot fogs color perfectly.

I have to say, this is the single best mod I've done to the truck, (along w/ the led tails), and most expensive.

Anybody interested in a minty set of 15 SLT headlights w/ the trs morimoto 35w hids? I'll probably list them in the classifieds here in the next few days b4 they go to ebay...

• Like 1

Got the lights installed late last night... it was a long work day so sorry guys no pics.

I don't know if they are actually brighter than my trs hid setup, but the color and beam pattern are definitely much better.

The led headlights as well as the c shaped running lights now match the rigid dot fogs color perfectly.

I have to say, this is the single best mod I've done to the truck, (along w/ the led tails), and most expensive.

Anybody interested in a minty set of 15 SLT headlights w/ the trs morimoto 35w hids? I'll probably list them in the classifieds here in the next few days b4 they go to ebay...

Once you drive it at night you'll notice the brightness difference. I had the TRS 35w kit with 4300k bulbs and its a night and day difference.

So your telling me I can put these sexy 2016 LED light on my 2015 HD to replace the crap lights it came with, keep functionality AND more light down the road? Sign me up!

Question: How hard is it to pull apart your front end? And fitting issues with the light what so ever? EDIT: Does the side marker on the new headlights blink when the turn signal is activated?

Edited by Vertigo33

So your telling me I can put these sexy 2016 LED light on my 2015 HD to replace the crap lights it came with, keep functionality AND more light down the road? Sign me up!

Question: How hard is it to pull apart your front end? And fitting issues with the light what so ever? EDIT: Does the side marker on the new headlights blink when the turn signal is activated?

I have no knowledge on lights... yet, but pulling the front end apart is a piece of cake! I recommend watching some youtube videos first, but once you find out where all the screws and bolts are it's really easy.

I have no knowledge on lights... yet, but pulling the front end apart is a piece of cake! I recommend watching some youtube videos first, but once you find out where all the screws and bolts are it's really easy.

Good to know. Only other thing I want to know is if the DRL's stay on all the time or go on only when the truck is put in gear like the stock headlights.

Edited by Vertigo33

Good to know. Only other thing I want to know is if the DRL's stay on all the time or go on only when the truck is put in gear like the stock headlights.

They turn on when truck turns on... not like before. They are very bright until you turn headlights on, then they dim slightly like the 15's did when you turn parking lights on.

Led heads are amazingly bright. Noticeably better than the hid conversion I had, (35w 5000k).

Edited by kj3475

I know the 2016 Denali headlights can be purchased on eBay for around $500 each, but those usually have broken mounting points and that doesn't interest me. Have any of you guys gone to a dealership and bought these and if so, what are the part #'s and what did you pay?

The only reason I ask is a friend of mine is a mechanic at a GMC dealership and he can buy stuff for 15% above cost. He got me a quote and it came back at $1942.51 which includes sales tax. This seems ridiculously high to me.