2016 SLT lights in 14/15 SLT/All Terrain almost done

Awesome anybody have the contact to the guy who makes the harness. . This looks better on the 14 15 than on the 16 imo

the correct harness depends on if you get the 2016 HID (sle) or the 2016 LED (slt/denali) to 2014-2015...

http://www.gen5diy.com/GMC/Sierra/P-P-Harnesses7/Headlamp-Harness1/20142015-GMC-Sierra-SLT-to-2016-GMC-Sierra-12-Ton-LED-Headlight-Harness/

Great info! I am about to do this install as well.

Anyone find these 2016 lights in good shape? I've been looking around and all I can find are damaged ones or new ones. Damn, new ones are expensive!

Edited by Stickboy97

I can find the HID ones at a relatively good price but everyone wants the LED denali ones...no one wants that ugly amber light bulb in the middle of their LED headlight for some strange reason!

Edited by TXTruk15

While you can add a HID kit for $200, nothing beats the new factory LED lights. The output is amazing and is better than most of the HID stuff I have seen and used. The only other car with better lights than my 2016 Sierra is my wifes 2016 Audi.

While you can add a HID kit for $200, nothing beats the new factory LED lights. The output is amazing and is better than most of the HID stuff I have seen and used. The only other car with better lights than my 2016 Sierra is my wifes 2016 Audi.

Ill give you a side by side comparison in about a week... I have the TRS/morimoto 35w setup on my 15 and just snagged a set of LED 16's off eBay. No I didn't get a great deal like some of you guys.. paid $1400 shipped. But no broken tabs or scratches. I gotta spend it on something right?

I'll post up some pics during and post-install

• Like 4

Gotcha, I am trying to get them to give me the lights for free and I would buy the wire harness.

Has the dealer decided if they would do it for you yet?

I might ask my dealership now that people are doing it.

Ill give you a side by side comparison in about a week... I have the TRS/morimoto 35w setup on my 15 and just snagged a set of LED 16's off eBay. No I didn't get a great deal like some of you guys.. paid $1400 shipped. But no broken tabs or scratches. I gotta spend it on something right?

I'll post up some pics during and post-install

Thanks! That would be cool to see.

Looking at doing this on my 2015 Denali. Question is - "What is the dealer doing for a harness when they convert people under warranty/"

I know the Gen5 harness is mentioned as an option but I am assuming two things for the installs the factory is doing under warranty:

1. That all features and functions work as they should - to include DRL. I imagine it would be a further liability issue if GM was to install these otherwise.

2. They are certainly not using the Gen5 harness, so how are they getting it to work with the 2016 lights?

Anybody have any thoughts?

Looking at doing this on my 2015 Denali. Question is - "What is the dealer doing for a harness when they convert people under warranty/"

I know the Gen5 harness is mentioned as an option but I am assuming two things for the installs the factory is doing under warranty:

1. That all features and functions work as they should - to include DRL. I imagine it would be a further liability issue if GM was to install these otherwise.

2. They are certainly not using the Gen5 harness, so how are they getting it to work with the 2016 lights?

Anybody have any thoughts?

May I asked what you mean by convert people under warranty?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

May I asked what you mean by convert people under warranty?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sure - Some dealerships have apparently converted/installed the 2016 headlamp assemblies into 2014/2015 trucks in response to customer complaints regarding poor lighting. My question is basically - how did they do it, and did it work right?

Sure - Some dealerships have apparently converted/installed the 2016 headlamp assemblies into 2014/2015 trucks in response to customer complaints regarding poor lighting. My question is basically - how did they do it, and did it work right?

What dealership ?