2015 Silverado Leaf Springs/Rear Noise

For the last two posters, if this is axle play, is this normal to see, what can be done to resolve it, anything specific to look for, etc?

up to about a 1/4" is normal my 1996 blazer did it but its annoying when i can hear it at low speeds taking corners and going over bumps im wondering what weight gear oil is in the diff and if it would even make a difference.

Looked at it again...still believe it's the leafs. Bottom two leafs shift side to side under the top one...who knows. Thinking I'm taking it to the dealership next week, handing them the keys and telling them I don't want it back till it's resolved or they hand me a new one on an even trade, fed up with it

did you jack up the rear and pull in and out on the axle? did you get the clunk im talking about? if your leafs are shifting then the u bolts prob arnt torqued right mine where 15 ftlbs on all 8 bolts but noticed no change in clunking when tightened to spec.

Hi SMTXAGGIE,

I am sorry you are experiencing these concerns with the leaf springs in your Silverado. I would like to look into this for you and provide additional assistance when it comes to working with your dealership. Please send me a private message if this is something that interests you.

Best,

Julianne M.

GM Customer Care

I did get it jacked up but still think it is the leaves. Noise seems to be getting prevelant, no idea why. Will see what the dealership says this week, I'll keep y'all updated

Hi SMTXAGGIE,

I am sorry you are experiencing these concerns with the leaf springs in your Silverado. I would like to look into this for you and provide additional assistance when it comes to working with your dealership. Please send me a private message if this is something that interests you.

Best,

Julianne M.

GM Customer Care

GM Customer Service,

A private message has been sent.

Rest of the forum members, I brought my truck to the Chevrolet dealership yesterday. Immediately greeted by one of their service reps and shop foreman. Shop foreman did a ride along, heard both of the noises I was concerned about, and said one sounds to be leaf spring related and the other possibly leaf springs as well or rear axle play. He said there's no "spec" on the amount of play. Giving them a shot to fix it....but I have almost no confidence they will. Suggested to the dealer I'm at the point id want a new truck, sales guy I bought it from said he thinks he could make it happen and get me in a similar features '16 for the same monthly payment....called me back today and was told he couldn't make it happen. Thanks for getting my hopes up, as usual it made me feel like I was just gonna be used to make another buck. Hoped they would offer help in a new vehicle without trying to make more money off me. We will see if they can repair what ever these issues are...still no word from the service department. Have sent GM emails and a private message on here. Curious in a buy back on my truck and plan on speaking to the dealership service manager about that if they can't fix it and GM does not offer to do so directly. Hoping for the best...we will see

GM Customer Service,

A private message has been sent.

Rest of the forum members, I brought my truck to the Chevrolet dealership yesterday. Immediately greeted by one of their service reps and shop foreman. Shop foreman did a ride along, heard both of the noises I was concerned about, and said one sounds to be leaf spring related and the other possibly leaf springs as well or rear axle play. He said there's no "spec" on the amount of play. Giving them a shot to fix it....but I have almost no confidence they will. Suggested to the dealer I'm at the point id want a new truck, sales guy I bought it from said he thinks he could make it happen and get me in a similar features '16 for the same monthly payment....called me back today and was told he couldn't make it happen. Thanks for getting my hopes up, as usual it made me feel like I was just gonna be used to make another buck. Hoped they would offer help in a new vehicle without trying to make more money off me. We will see if they can repair what ever these issues are...still no word from the service department. Have sent GM emails and a private message on here. Curious in a buy back on my truck and plan on speaking to the dealership service manager about that if they can't fix it and GM does not offer to do so directly. Hoping for the best...we will see

Hey man I see your problems and let me tell you I'm in the same boat. GM has definitely turned to shit and I want people to know this. My friend had two GMC trucks back to back mess up with 4x4 and they replaced them right away. Meaning he had 3 trucks within 1 year and I happened to hit the issue I have in my truck that the dealership can't notice or simply refuses to take notice. After this the dealership talked about putting me in a new truck. Why the **** are they going to tell me they found nothing wrong in my truck but they can certainly offer me next to nothing on my truck and try and make a ton of money off of me. Learned that GM will never step in with this concern. So I will most likely be going to a Ford or Dodge next go around. I was just curious how my friend got his truck replaced twice and I have a real issue and nothing is being done. He ended up stating that he knew the GM rep and that is why he was hooked up practically. So lesson learned don't expect GM to do anything unless you know the person you are working with.

I did get it jacked up but still think it is the leaves. Noise seems to be getting prevelant, no idea why. Will see what the dealership says this week, I'll keep y'all updated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

brought mine into the dealer to get checked out did a test drive and of course no clunk but the hesitation / shake when getting back on the throttle happened but he was saying every silverado that comes through the door pretty much all have the same complaint about clunking and poor shifting from about 2013 and on he said they have no fix and hes pretty sure GM has no clue why or whats making it do it, gm prob doesn't care and wont look into it. i did call and complain to gm they opened a service ticket (think thats what they call it) but doubt anything will come of it but i really suggest everyone call and complain. my first vehicle was a chevy blazer i beat the crap out of it still runs today 235k so that alone sold me to buy another GM product but after this mess with only 4,900mi on the truck and all these issues i will be moving on prob sooner then later. GM has really screwed themselves IMO

brought mine into the dealer to get checked out did a test drive and of course no clunk but the hesitation / shake when getting back on the throttle happened but he was saying every silverado that comes through the door pretty much all have the same complaint about clunking and poor shifting from about 2013 and on he said they have no fix and hes pretty sure GM has no clue why or whats making it do it, gm prob doesn't care and wont look into it. i did call and complain to gm they opened a service ticket (think thats what they call it) but doubt anything will come of it but i really suggest everyone call and complain. my first vehicle was a chevy blazer i beat the crap out of it still runs today 235k so that alone sold me to buy another GM product but after this mess with only 4,900mi on the truck and all these issues i will be moving on prob sooner then later. GM has really screwed themselves IMO

Every service ticket is the same. Take it into the dealership and let them check it out. Blah blah blah Okay sir we found zero things wrong, have a good day. Already tried this 3 times for the same issue in my truck (shift gear problems)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Service mgr at dealership offered today to replace the rear axles, we will see if that helps. They retorqued and regreased the leaf springs and other rear suspension components. Suggested it was noise due to dirt, however friends with same year trucks and mileage don't show the same noise even with driving same road conditions so I have a hard time believing that is it. Hoping the axles will be the remedy.

Already getting the same noises again, may have quieted up a tad right when I picked it up, back we are back to square one. Calling the dealership tomorrow, I'm at my whits end with it and tired to hear a clanking truck every time I pull in somewhere or back out of my drive, hit speed bumps, or drive over and uneven surface.