2015 Silverado Leaf Springs/Rear Noise

I have the same problem on my 2014 Gmc AT. The dealer tells me they torqued my springs as they were loose but the clunking noise is from my under coating. They told me to pressure was them. I did that and the sound was gone... For about a week. Now it's back at full force. I didn't really pressure wash the bushings, I'm wondering if that will fix it. I think this is absolute bullshit, every other brand that uses leafs springs and every other year of GM or Chev I'm sure get dirt on them and you never hear that noise. I'm a GM/Chevy for life kind of guy but makes me want to change to Ford which I can't believe I'm saying!

Ended up getting rid of the truck. Didn't see any resolution coming from my experiences, had no faith they would do a buy back (or even a nice trade credit), and honestly believe it was all too common on the 1500 design.....so I ended up with a smoking deal, good trade, and a great experience with another Chevrolet dealer on a 3/4 ton duramax. If anything, this one if it developed leaf noises etc will at least be covered up by the noise from the diesel lol

Sounds like I am in the same boat as most of you. Brand new 2016 with 7k on it. I brought it in for an oil change last week and mentioned the issue to them, they said it was in the hubs, but they are working as designed. I told them I know for a fact its coming from the leafs because I've been under the truck while having a friend rock the bed back and forth and I can feel and hear the noise from the leafs. Starting to get VERY annoyed with this issue. I live on a private dirt road and of course its a bumpy road, and there I come down the street in my brand new truck and the thing sounds like sh*t. I'm going to get in touch with the dealer this week and tell them they need to figure something out because I didn't pay $35k on a truck to have it sound like the bed is going to fall off everytime I back into my driveway.

Edited by jjvito

• 3 weeks later...

I am happy to have found these posts......

My 2015 Silverado wit 33,000 KMS on it creaks REAL bad when backing into my driveway. some nasty, creaking, popping, pure ugly noises. It also makes the same noise as the video back and forth To the point where I got the torque wrench on everything and double checked it was together. Everything was fine, and everything was together. I notice more noise when the temperature changes drastically, and especially after the leafs are dry.

MY FIX: I use a $5 penetrating oil from Canadian Tire and keep the leafs lubed up every week or two.....it really helps with the noises. Metal on metal....not to worried about it.

• 5 weeks later...

Selling the truck because of a rear leaf creak? :rollin:

Mine do it but I also went down some flooded dirt roads not too long ago. Will pressure wash them and eventually have the dealer check them out but oh well, it is a truck and uses a leaf spring, I would expect some noises sooner or later. Not a big deal, just shows you actually use the truck. No way should that be a selling point. A creaking leaf is minimal compared to other issues you can have such as other major mechanical problems or annoyances with all the electronics they have in them...

Tyler

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

Another 2015 CC z71 1500 chiming in on this issue. I've had the truck for over a year and a half. Have almost 30k on the truck and this is my 3rd trip to the dealer for the leaf spring noise. Didn't ever have the noise until about 20k.

First time they torq'd and greased to spec and didn't make a lick of difference. I showed my pops and we were able to confirm the source of the noise by putting our fingers on the edges of the springs and having the other rock the vehicle side to side. You can feel the middle leaf pop back and forth(side to side).

We sprayed some lubricant he had in the garage on the leafs pretty much where the pads are at, can't remember exactly what it was sorry, and the noise went away for a few days. Of course it's back, only slow speeds, speed bumps, parking etc etc.

Brought it to the dealer a second time. They diagnosed it and said the leaf spring shackle needed to be replaced. I had to wait for the part to come in and am back for my 3rd visit. Will keep you all updated on what happens with the noise.

Edited by AlexThe3rd

• 4 weeks later...