Engine Tick - 2015 GMC Sierra 5.3

On 6/20/2016 at 8:43 PM, ValidUsername said:

In the spirit of troubleshooting, are any of you guys able to hear this noise in park or neutral when you give the engine some gradual RPM?

I'm experiencing something that sounds pretty similar to this noise in my 2015 Silverado (5.3L 13k miles), but it's only when I'm in drive going down the road, and only when there is slight throttle being applied (may continue under more throttle but engine noise likely drowns it out). No noise when coasting or when revving in park. Severity fluctuates day by day and sometimes I don't hear it at all. The 2014 Sierra (5.3L ~40k miles) doesn't do anything similar.

I guess I'll try giving it some gradual RPMs in neutral or park after the engine is warm, can't really remember if this sound presents itself immediately when the engine is cold or not.

Similar to some others in this thread the noise seems to be coming from the driver's side footwell, or at least the driver's side of the vehicle. I'm just stumped at the fact that it only wants to make the noise when throttle is being applied, and so far as I know only when the vehicle is in drive and underway.

I'll get it looked at soon, and hopefully will have some useful info to report back.

Have you found anything. Thats the exact same issue i have only in drive under light throttle. I have recently swithed from 87 to 91 octane and for some reason hasnt made any noise since then 2 weeks of no ticking. Strange

On 8/2/2016 at 1:32 PM, tobinstetson said:

UPDATE: Since June i've been to the dealer 4 times and had 3 drives with technicians to diagnose my engine tick. the replaced the fuel line to the DI pump. It didn't fix the problem. the noise has gotten worse to the point that it is ticking very loud in V8 or V4 mode. pulling a trailer it is ticking like a sewing machine.

I have driving my friends 2014 LTZ Chev and it works perfectly.

Finally got it in again today and the dealer called saying they have ordered a new fuel pump for the truck. Fingers crossed this will fix it.

Well whats the update is it gone now wirh new fuel pump