tobinstetson

Engine Tick - 2015 GMC Sierra 5.3

6 minutes ago, MapleBud said:

I printed and brought them the bulletin and they had no issues changing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if I had of printed it out it wouldn’t of mattered. Corporate customer care and 2 dealers have now told me it doesn’t matter what I think is wrong with the truck the sound must be diagnosed first. 

I went in and requested this and the guy was a dick. “It doesn’t work that way” I say I don’t care how it works I just need it fixed. We went back and forth a few times and my only reply was I just need it fixed. 

Its not fixed and they won’t fix it. 

Ill be shoving a bunch of unknown grease in that boot today with my fingers and such as I don’t give a sh.t anymore. I’m going to take I think it’s “mystic” marine grease and just load it up **** it. 

The dealer had my truck from 8:45am until 6:30pm I had a 9am appointment. 

Just now, Blk17Machinep said:

Even if I had of printed it out it wouldn’t of mattered. Corporate customer care and 2 dealers have now told me it doesn’t matter what I think is wrong with the truck the sound must be diagnosed first. 

I went in and requested this and the guy was a dick. “It doesn’t work that way” I say I don’t care how it works I just need it fixed. We went back and forth a few times and my only reply was I just need it fixed. 

Its not fixed and they won’t fix it. 

Ill be shoving a bunch of unknown grease in that boot today with my fingers and such as I don’t give a sh.t anymore. I’m going to take I think it’s “mystic” marine grease and just load it up **** it. 

The dealer had my truck from 8:45am until 6:30pm I had a 9am appointment. 

One dealer said “I’m gonna be honest here with you sir I’m not finding anything 5570” I read it aloud to him and still nothing.

maybe I’ll call Cadillac and gmc.

I FUGGGING HATE GM 

34 minutes ago, Blk17Machinep said:

One dealer said “I’m gonna be honest here with you sir I’m not finding anything 5570” I read it aloud to him and still nothing.

maybe I’ll call Cadillac and gmc.

I FUGGGING HATE GM 

Wow. If I was in your situation I’d probably do the same. Grease it but I’d trade it in as soon as it made financial sense. The tick was annoying especially when towing and I couldn’t put up with it. 

Just now, NE18 said:

Wow. If I was in your situation I’d probably do the same. Grease it but I’d trade it in as soon as it made financial sense. The tick was annoying especially when towing and I couldn’t put up with it. 

I tow with this vehicle literally over 90% of my driving. It’s really become unbearable. Constant tick. Feels like no power. Surging kinda. And this isn’t even my transmission problem lol 

im trying to buy a house right now so it would of been nice for the dealer to fix it and I could get something a year or so later but I just don’t think I can do it any longer

Well I popped the hood and that boot around the shaft is dried out and a brown color instead of black. 

Truck lived half block from the ocean for a year so bunch of sand and shit in my engine bay.

used my hand a glove with mystic no 2 marine grease and shoved some globs up into the boot and greased around the shaft ;) 

well see what this does. Cannot afford a different truck at this point. 

4 hours ago, MapleBud said:

It was missing, holes were exposed, replaced without issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Unbelievable that it was missed. 

Thanks for the grease trick it ACTUALLY worked for me!  I grabbed a socket and tightened everything around the boot where it meets the firewall.  Surprisingly everything was not tight.  Next I did my best to get stp hi temp grease inside the boot from under the hood.  I then greased the exposed steering shaft hole from inside the truck.  So after doing this combination I took it for a 30 min test drive (hills, highway, side streets) and I couldnt hear anything.  I’m shocked and I hope it holds up.  i think the combination of what I did  contributed to less sound entering the cab.  2018 silverado crew cab Z71