In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
GTPprix

You asked for it, we delivered; Factory Camera in Motion and Front Cam

You've been asking and we've been listening, I'm proud to announce that we have native in unit support now for not only rear camera in motion but also the ability to now add a switchable front camera in motion as well; all utilizing factory hardware!

This was the plan from the beginning however we had originally intended to make an interface box to make all of this happen but were able to work around that to the point it was no longer necessary. Front camera will obviously still require the addition of a camera and wiring etc but it is now possible without any sort of aftermarket interface to worry about. Those of you with fifth wheels may choose to make this a bed camera as well, the options really are endless here.

We also added a new set of guidelines as well, so now you have three options:

1. No Guidelines

2. Traditional Moving Boxed Guidelines

3. Minimalist single moving guideline

Switching between the two modes can be done on the camera screen using the icons at the bottom.

This feature will be included on all future 2016 unlock orders as well as any CarPlay upgrades that opt for the unlock.

So not only do you get our famous unlock that removes the in motion locks from the HMI vehicle side controls for video in motion from USB/SD, additional movie formats as well as video in motion from DVD/BluRay and nav entry etc etc but you also get factory camera control as an additional bonus!

Those of you who have already purchased the unlock for your 2016 or have purchased a CarPlay with the unlock will need to work out the best way to upgrade your system with Anthony as this is a completely different setup software wise.

For more information please TEXT Anthony at 919-995-9523

• Like 2

so does this mean it wont work on the 2014 models? and is there an ability to record the video?

This great news guys. Awesome feature. Glad to know you all will be packagingit it all up in one upgrade.

Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Edited by SierraMyst

so does this mean it wont work on the 2014 models? and is there an ability to record the video?

Per MVI, it needs the 2016 hardware to work.

So as of now, this is for those with 2016s, or those that upgraded their 2014/2015 hardware to the 2016 hardware for the added Android/Apple functionality.

Great work you guys.

Too bad GM didn't give us this option until the fords got them.

GM is usually playing catch up anyway.

• Like 1

So does the factory HMI have an input for an additional camera? Haven't pulled mine out but if it does are the connectors RCA? Kind of wishing I would have gotten the unlock instead of the AV Module. Had the AV module for a few weeks but it just isn't working out as smoothly as I had hoped. Nothing wrong with the unit itself. Just my ideas for using it aren't working out. Thinking about the unlock now.

• Like 1

Just wanted to follow up with GTP's post on the Rear Camera In-Motion feature we can now add. Hopefully I can clear up some details that I'm sure everyone will be wondering about:

1. This is currently only going to be available for the 2016 vehicle's and the coming 2017's. We have looked at the ability of adding this into 2014-2015 vehicles and the bottom line is that the hardware wont support it.

2. If you have a 2014-2015 vehicle and have upgraded or are considering upgrading to the CarPlay/Android Auto system...this feature can be added with the custom unlock service.

3. If you have a 2014-2015 vehicle and would like this feature, but really don't want to upgrade to CarPlay/Android Auto, we can still help accommodate you with our new AV Module setup. (There is a thread on that piece in here and you can get info from our site as well. http://gm-navigation.com/added-accessories/navigation-unlock/video-input-module.html )

4. This piece will NOT allow for video recording...you'll need some type of DVR setup for that...which I can probably help with. They are becoming more popular.

This is important to note: This WILL require some rewiring at the back of the truck in order for this to function. I will provide the details on this as we get things documented a little further (hopefully this week). In the mean time...feel free to TEXT me for details.

I was able to update the site with more details on this and the rest of our custom unlock service. Due to the nature of all that is involved to get this accomplished for the customer, I still have not made this particular piece available for online check out just yet. I'm still trying to decide the best way to do that; but you can check out the page here :

http://gm-navigation.com/added-accessories/navigation-unlock/2013-2017-gm-video-in-motion-and-navigation-unlock.html

and please feel free to provide CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on how the site can be more informative. I do need to add in the information regarding the smartphone mirroring, I will hopefully get that done this week as well.

For those that have already purchased the CarPlay/Android Auto upgrade WITH the custom unlock service:

If interested in getting this feature added...just shoot me a TEXT and we can discuss getting it done. There will be a small fee for the new programming (I'll keep it as painless as possible :)) and you'll need to plan on sending your module in to get the new software added. Just TEXT me for details and we can chat about it.

Edited by MVI Inc
  • Like 2

Ok not trying to toot my own horn but this is really fun to watch the world zip by at 70 LOL Wiring wise that portion is literally ONE wire thats already there; just have to reconfigure it :)

• Like 1

Ok not trying to toot my own horn but this is really fun to watch the world zip by at 70 LOL Wiring wise that portion is literally ONE wire thats already there; just have to reconfigure it :)

So after this wiring tweak the camera still comes on in reverse but you can also see it on demand? I watched the demo but it doesn't cover that. Also noticed a timer in the upper corner. Any chance we can get a more inclusive demo. I'm already sold. Just like more info.

• Like 1

I'm assuming this will work on Android Auto as well as Apple CarPlay, correct? Right now I'm android, but my wife is Apple. I do like the interface better on the Apple, and it does seem to work better. At least in the stock locked system. One thing I've noticed (using AA) is that when using my hands free to make a call, it drops out of AA and back to the Standard GM phone system. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if it stayed in AA. Is there a hands free command to return to AA?

The camera unlock ability is something I've been waiting for. Any news about the 360 camera view?

I'm going to txt Anthony these same questions, but thought I'd ask here too, just in case someone was interested.

I'm assuming this will work on Android Auto as well as Apple CarPlay, correct? Right now I'm android, but my wife is Apple. I do like the interface better on the Apple, and it does seem to work better. At least in the stock locked system. One thing I've noticed (using AA) is that when using my hands free to make a call, it drops out of AA and back to the Standard GM phone system. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if it stayed in AA. Is there a hands free command to return to AA?

The camera unlock ability is something I've been waiting for. Any news about the 360 camera view?

I'm going to txt Anthony these same questions, but thought I'd ask here too, just in case someone was interested.

This will work on the 2016 hardware and up. The 2016 hardware features AA and Carplay. So the fact that you have AA or Carplay means you're using the 2016 hardware.

So yes it will work.

As for Intellink or AA making your calls, this is directly related to how long you hold the speak button.

AA requires a long press, about 2-3 seconds. This works this way regardless of whether your phone is connected to the USB or not.

If it is connected to the USB, it will display on the screen with AA.

So the reason your calls are going through Intellink is because you are pressing and immediately releasing the speak button to make a call. You know which your using because the voice prompts are different.

So try long pressing next time.

And BTW, even if you make the call on Intellilink, if you them proceed to open AA, it will take you to the AA phone/call page.

Just shipped my HMI to MVI for the rear view Camera upgrade. Should have it in a week or so and I'll gladly install, test and answer all questions for you all.

I have a late 15 Silverado with factory navigation all I want is rear camera in motion is this possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a late 15 Silverado with factory navigation all I want is rear camera in motion is this possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. This is currently only going to be available for the 2016 vehicle's and the coming 2017's. We have looked at the ability of adding this into 2014-2015 vehicles and the bottom line is that the hardware wont support it.

THIS YOU, YOU CAN'T DO THIS OPTION

2. If you have a 2014-2015 vehicle and have upgraded or are considering upgrading to the CarPlay/Android Auto system...this feature can be added with the custom unlock service.

YOU CAN UPGRADE YOUR HARDWARE WITH THIS OPTION.

3. If you have a 2014-2015 vehicle and would like this feature, but really don't want to upgrade to CarPlay/Android Auto, we can still help accommodate you with our new AV Module setup. (There is a thread on that piece in here and you can get info from our site as well. http://gm-navigation...put-module.html )

OR YOU CAN JUST GET THE MODULE.

Text Anthony @ 919-995-9523

New to the forum. I have been reading and reaching this modification for a little while. Can someone explain the difference between doing this modification and installing a aftermarket radio with the same features like the Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX? I'm want the navigation feature and the Android Auto would be nice as well just don't know which would be the better option. Any help explaining the difference would be great. Thanks.