Post your Pics of your Chevy/GMC towing!

2hdb9y8.jpg

16'x8' Steel chassis/aluminum structure trailer loaded with:

3 lengths of steel scaffold and walkways

an aluminum metal brake

wheelbarrow and yard tools

insulation

2 sets of tires

odds and ends

Surprised at how little sag there was, and it handled well at highway speeds :driving:

Edited by tanner709
  • Like 1

Picking up my Dads 2017 Grand Sport in Bowling Green, KY back in August.. what an experience!

IMG_0984_zpscsbxgoff.jpg

IMG_0977_zps0tgk0v4t.jpg

Nice, love the blue! Why wouldn't you just drive it? That is the whole point of going to bowling green, taking the tour, museum delivery, then driving back roads home on a road trip; not loaded on to a open u-haul car trailer (sketchy with how those are)...

Tyler

I'm surprised how few of you have towing mirrors...I've towed several trailers and the factory mirrors didn't quite get it done...will be upgrading to tow mirrors soon hopefully!

I agree. Had to get those stupid clip on mirror once I realized the new truck didn't have sufficient visibility towing. Saw a guy towing a huge patio boat that cut off two different vehicles because he couldn't see them . Also the smuck didn't take control of the right lane immediately when it became available. Not once but twice. He is an accident waiting to happen.

I'm surprised how few of you have towing mirrors...I've towed several trailers and the factory mirrors didn't quite get it done...will be upgrading to tow mirrors soon hopefully!

My 2500HD didn't come with the towing mirrors (I don't quite get that one) and I tow a fair amount. I currently use CIPA clip-ons snd they work OK, but I'm planning on getting the factory tow mirrors next year, but they are almost $700!

My 2500HD didn't come with the towing mirrors (I don't quite get that one) and I tow a fair amount. I currently use CIPA clip-ons snd they work OK, but I'm planning on getting the factory tow mirrors next year, but they are almost $700!

. There are aftermarket mirrors that can replace yours, they cost much less and they work well. Check out 1A auto. Edited by Tom Boswell

Nice, love the blue! Why wouldn't you just drive it? That is the whole point of going to bowling green, taking the tour, museum delivery, then driving back roads home on a road trip; not loaded on to a open u-haul car trailer (sketchy with how those are)...

Tyler

750 miles from KY to PA is not how you break it in. The trailer was not sketchy at all, it was very solid and we had no problems. The point of going to Bowling Green was to watch it be built and the museum delivery was like no other experience. We have plenty of back roads here to drive it now. I just changed the oil and the red line is now a little bigger. I hope I answered all your questions/opinions.

• 4 weeks later...

Got the tires...now I need the lift, think 6-inch will be enough?

bd10ae93595727f5156c3e5a2f59a2ea.jpg

51505dd8070b252675ee24fbe6b0d66a.jpg

(That trailer is 18 feet long and 102" wide)

I did figure out these tires weigh nearly 1,000 pounds each! I wasn't figuring that at all, maybe 500 to 600. 2400 pound trailer, nearly 4000 in cargo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Edited by sdeeter19555
  • Like 2