Post your Pics of your Chevy/GMC towing!

I've got s similar trailer. They aren't too bad to pull. dda2652a8a343832a4f2174e19418b77.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Is that a 32BHDS? You're a brave soul towing that thing without a weight distribution hitch and/or sway control.

Edited by blwright
  • Like 2

Did a little camping trip up to the Saint Lawrence last weekend. 5500lb trailer plus water and gear. Nothing in the bed of the truck. Probably didn't need the WD hitch but better safe than sorry. Towed like a dream. So much easier than a two place snowmobile trailer

your a bit nose high on the Camper aren't you

Is that a 32BHDS? You're a brave soul towing that thing without a weight distribution hitch and/or sway control.

Yes it is. I use double sway control. I have some airbags also. I would have used a equalizer hitch. But didn't loose very much weigh on the front axle. Towed it this way from Utah to Tennessee and back.

Edited by smcgillis10

I'd like to hear your experience towing that trailer with a haif ton. We're shopping and the 32BHDS is in the top 3, but weight has me pushing it towards the bottom.

I haven't had any issues. It pulls awesome for me. It seems that the weight of the trailer is distributed pretty well. I don't use an equalizer hitch but one would be useful and would probably add some more stability. Also I have a good sway control attached, helped a lot. Also Don't pack a lot of weight at the back though. As you know the more weight forward of the axle the better. I've only had it fish tail once and that was in a bad snow storm.

My only issue with this trailer is 8mpg fuel mileage from it being so heavy.

I've towed this camper from salt lake city Utah to Nashville TN and back. 3254 miles. Not a single issue.

Even up a hill I didn't see any temps over 220~ besides oil wit h would get to about 230-240*. I could comfortably set the cruise at 67.

567505bdb7e2d2161a44e0b0ec8c1a7a.jpg27ce8182be5e97be627cce300ab57580.jpg

Edited by smcgillis10

The enclosed trailer with the Buick in it is ~7500lbs and I have no issues with it. However it is very nose heavy, as the IFS, engine, and trans are all fwd of the axles. I know a RV will be more equally balanced if loaded correctly.

post-50786-0-83034900-1481822082_thumb.jpg

Edited by blwright
  • Like 1

The enclosed trailer with the Buick in it is ~7500lbs and I have no issues with it. However it is very nose heavy, as the IFS, engine, and trans are all fwd of the axles. I know a RV will be more equally balanced if loaded correctly.

attachicon.gifIMG_2342_.jpg

I hate being the weight police all the time....but if you have the stock hitch, you are way over the rating for tongue weight without weight distribution hitch. I don't have mine handy but I believe it's only like 800lbs. Jayco lists dry tongue of 950ishlbs for a 32bhds

I don't doubt it tows fine but you are asking a lot of that hitch and where it is mounted. Plus without weight being put back to the front tires with weight dist. Setup, under hard braking the tongue will push down the rear axle more and reduce if not eliminate the ability to steer properly.

Fwiw. I've towed a very similar trailer for a friend and can attest that it's f'n heavy but tows nice due to the length...that was with WD Hitch and air bags in my 2014 1500.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I hate being the weight police all the time....but if you have the stock hitch, you are way over the rating for tongue weight without weight distribution hitch. I don't have mine handy but I believe it's only like 800lbs. Jayco lists dry tongue of 950ishlbs for a 32bhds

I don't doubt it tows fine but you are asking a lot of that hitch and where it is mounted. Plus without weight being put back to the front tires with weight dist. Setup, under hard braking the tongue will push down the rear axle more and reduce if not eliminate the ability to steer properly.

Fwiw. I've towed a very similar trailer for a friend and can attest that it's f'n heavy but tows nice due to the length...that was with WD Hitch and air bags in my 2014 1500.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Already though about that. I have a class V hitch.

16,000 lb trailer weight capable

2,400 lb tongue weight capable.

And air bags of a 1 ton truck with custom mounts. cb9305a5f628d3c26d9a5a022f931631.jpg

00e127ca3c0d70ca91dd3e3fc18b0358.jpgcb702a71bd3a5704e9ce5e1a4b339847.jpg

5707c6eb5e9100472f44680b2bf9c883.jpg

Edited by smcgillis10
  • Like 4

I'd like to hear your experience towing that trailer with a haif ton. We're shopping and the 32BHDS is in the top 3, but weight has me pushing it towards the bottom.

Just watch your weights and make sure you don't exceed your payload.

I towed a 27' TT with my half ton 5.3L and it did it rather well. I had an 800 tongue weight on that thing and with a larger family, I was pushing the overall payload capacity.

What's funny (or not funny actually) is that every year the diesel/HD trucks continue to increase torque and towing capacity. The next generation diesels WILL exceed 1000 ft lbs... And every year the toy haulers get bigger and heavier. And every year the same yahoos overload their F350... Take a 6500 lb truck and a 18000 lb trailer and add a little cargo and you're over 26k...

We are approaching the limit of non-CDL drivers licenses... it's scary that people who shouldn't even be towing a trailer are driving these things around going 75 mph...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

What's funny (or not funny actually) is that every year the diesel/HD trucks continue to increase torque and towing capacity. The next generation diesels WILL exceed 1000 ft lbs... And every year the toy haulers get bigger and heavier. And every year the same yahoos overload their F350... Take a 6500 lb truck and a 18000 lb trailer and add a little cargo and you're over 26k...

We are approaching the limit of non-CDL drivers licenses... it's scary that people who shouldn't even be towing a trailer are driving these things around going 75 mph...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Not for nothing, but the hot shot drivers have been legally pulling well over 30k pounds for years...I can't remember the details of how they did that, but it was pretty common place.

I guess my thought is why run a smaller truck near max when you could buy a medium-duty truck that would probably fair better overall. At what point do you make the break?

A lot of the current market is driven by the "gotta have the biggest" mentality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk