Post your Pics of your Chevy/GMC towing!

Not for nothing, but the hot shot drivers have been legally pulling well over 30k pounds for years...I can't remember the details of how they did that, but it was pretty common place.

I guess my thought is why run a smaller truck near max when you could buy a medium-duty truck that would probably fair better overall. At what point do you make the break?

A lot of the current market is driven by the "gotta have the biggest" mentality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Idk about other states but Massachusetts requires a CDL for a combined 26001 lbs (or something like that).

Either way the more capable these trucks get (not complaining), the more people will violate the law. And again, some people are capable and responsible enough to do so but some people aren't.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Idk about other states but Massachusetts requires a CDL for a combined 26001 lbs (or something like that).

Either way the more capable these trucks get (not complaining), the more people will violate the law. And again, some people are capable and responsible enough to do so but some people aren't.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm not saying they didn't have CDLs, just that an off-the-showroom-floor 3500 and trailer was over 30k...

And as a side note, as long as your not hauling for hire, you can legally drive well into the CDL weight classes without a CDL.

I know several guys that own smaller 10 wheel tractor trailers and routinely haul their personal off road rigs cross country...no CDL since it's personal use. I'm not saying they don't get grief doing it, but that CDL is for "commercially" used rigs.

I've also seen guys with their personal 2500s and generic flatbed trailers hauling rock buggies that got hammered for not having a CDL and clearance lights on the cab...well below any CDL class, but they had a number on the buggy that implied they used it for profit (commercial use).

You almost need to be a lawyer to understand the DOT regulations...

• Like 1

Thus the reason I asked for his personal experience with that particular trailer.

It's a great trailer. I would prefer a diesel but this truck does it just fine. You just have to remember that it's a heavy trailer you're not going to win any races with it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Edited by smcgillis10

A CDL is for commercial drivers. I believe some states require a class of license with CDL type requirements for certain size vehicles.

That very well could be...that would make it even more interesting.

I know some states require non-commercial RVs to cross the scales...

Edited by sdeeter19555

It's a great trailer. I would prefer a diesel but this truck does it just fine. You just have to remember that it's a heavy trailer you're not going to win any races with it.

Thanks. I would prefer a Duramax also, but bought my 6.2 knowing I'd be towing in the future. I get conflicting info on the Jayco Owners forum regarding your trailer. Most of those are towing with 2500's.

• Like 1

Thanks. I would prefer a Duramax also, but bought my 6.2 knowing I'd be towing in the future. I get conflicting info on the Jayco Owners forum regarding your trailer. Most of those are towing with 2500's.

You're already ahead of me. I have a 5.3. And a less then Desirable gear ratio. You'll be fine. Throw a good equalizer hitch with sway control and have fun with the trailer.

The rv forums need to be taken worth a grain of salt.

Those guys think you shouldn't tow basically anything unless you have a diesel

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Boats campers utv atv cars trucks box trailers 2 small horse trailers skid steer and not a single fifth wheel cattle/ horse trailer or flatbed hauling any type of livestock or farm equipment. 98% of the pics are bumper towing at that. And nobody's truck is dirty from work and maybe a little mud from playing in mud hole.

Lol dam I'm on the wrong forum if only post pics of new shined up pimped out rims lifted and not seen grease cow [emoji90]and dirt roads. Thought I was on a truck forum till seen this thread you girls make me wonder now haha

Jp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You don't need dirt to week hard. Ha ha. If that's the only situation that you believe is working hard then that must suck for you, because you must be dirty all the time. I guess having paved roads where we live must be blasphemy.

Edited by smcgillis10

Wow...you must be a charter member of the He-Man Women Haters Club!

You don't need dirt to week hard. Ha ha. If that's the only situation that you believe is working hard then that must suck for you, because you must be dirty all the time. I guess having paved roads where we live must be blasphemy.

Calm down fellers just making a joke round here. Wish I could keep a truck clean as y'all

Edited by dcrouse
  • Like 2

Calm down fellers just making a joke round here. Wish I could keep a truck clean as y'all

I'm still here giggling. It's fun how mush sh!t talking happens here. My truck is one of those colors that always looks dirty In Person. Not as clean as it looks.