Post your Pics of your Chevy/GMC towing!

Towed 6,000lbs of tile from Columbia, S.C. back home to Augusta, Ga. Didn't skip a beat. And yes, I distributed the weight better before I left. 8bc332dd8ad0f9f5ec40c1a70dd6b264.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

58f92fb06a125df3491731f24c12a55a.jpg

Headed home after a great long wkend at lake Livingston. Also realized that I need more power. Already added a simple k&N model 77 air intake and love the way it sounds. Fixing to put exhaust on and working the wife over for a turbo and decked out power fold tow mirrors.

This site is bad for my checkbook. So many things to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a tune?

Both washed, hooked, and headed to the Smokey's for the week.

c736e2fc761049423de2f0ee2a838d35.jpg

Looks like a good trailer. I have a 32bdhs

With a short bed to huh? Nice!

Tyler

I have one of those small "job box" in my truck. Barely fits but fits all the same. b994470393f05bd95370a360dfa11fef.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Towed 6,000lbs of tile from Columbia, S.C. back home to Augusta, Ga. Didn't skip a beat. And yes, I distributed the weight better before I left. 8bc332dd8ad0f9f5ec40c1a70dd6b264.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bet it was a breeze w that 6.2!

• Like 1

Sand and rock loads for the "break-in 1,000 mile tow"........... Pulled it like a beast in tow-haul up a steady grade with cruise set at the speed limit. Was right after installing the Flowmaster muffler - no drone at all.........

Edited by Krusty
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First tow with the new truck. This one was taken at the water fill station just before heading into camp for the Canada Day long weekend. It sure towed with a ton more confidence than my Titan ever did. I could really only feel it back there when starting off. The rest of the time.......not a bit. I still need to figure out how much gain and such on the brake controller, and get a feel for it gear wise, but I was very impressed.

post-171629-0-09109600-1499183651_thumb.jpg

Edited by dman1458

I just finished a 3-week 2800 mile trip pulling my 34' 8800lbs travel trailer and could not be happier with the 6.2 max towing package. I was also surprised that I averaged 10.5 mpg even with some hills to climb in Georgia, Tennessee, and Arkansas.

Edited by leatherneck33

fe74e2f242e54901e6c1ea6a0ce23e47.jpg

Nothing to see here just taking my bike to the dealer because they didn't have a loaner vehicle for me. So I had to drop truck off unload bike and trailer put in backnof delaership. Ride bike to work. Then ride back and hook it back up. Sigh

First tow with the new truck. This one was taken at the water fill station just before heading into camp for the Canada Day long weekend. It sure towed with a ton more confidence than my Titan ever did. I could really only feel it back there when starting off. The rest of the time.......not a bit. I still need to figure out how much gain and such on the brake controller, and get a feel for it gear wise, but I was very impressed.

Setting trailer brake gain is fairly simple. Find a quiet road where you can run at 25 mph (40km/h for you) with the trailer loaded like you would be travelling. At that speed, pull on the lever to activate the trailer brakes, and increase the gain until you can lock the trailer brakes, then back off one notch. You're set. Your trailer brakes will now be most effective without pulling so hard you run into trouble with unintentional skidding.

• Like 1