Post your Pics of your Chevy/GMC towing!

4" lift hauling my 16' enclosed2d3a97fa5df1bf9b3f7d3579cb209f9a.jpg3a6151e40d6ce405ca72d1f117a64a93.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Is your truck lifted 4” with new knuckles and UCA’s or just lifted with new UCA’s and block in rear and hows the ride quality??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your truck lifted 4” with new knuckles and UCA’s or just lifted with new UCA’s and block in rear and hows the ride quality??

The front is Fabtech's 4" lift which is actually more like 3" so I kept my lower spacer from my readylift leveling kit. From my measurements its about 3.6"-3.75" of lift up front over stock. I have the upper control arms and diff drop as well. The rear is 1" taller than stock block and zone add a leaf (1.5") so 2.5" of lift over stock with Fabtech Stealth shocks. Rides pretty good in my opinion, it is a little stiffer than what it was originally but I don't mind. If anything it feels a little closer to my old 2500HD.

The front is Fabtech's 4" lift which is actually more like 3" so I kept my lower spacer from my readylift leveling kit. From my measurements its about 3.6"-3.75" of lift up front over stock. I have the upper control arms and diff drop as well. The rear is 1" taller than stock block and zone add a leaf (1.5") so 2.5" of lift over stock with Fabtech Stealth shocks. Rides pretty good in my opinion, it is a little stiffer than what it was originally but I don't mind. If anything it feels a little closer to my old 2500HD.

I’m looking into lifting my Sierra 1500 too but want the most comfortable ride possible. I rode in a lifted one a couple years ago and was shocked at how smooth it rode for being 6” lift. I was warned to stay clear of added rear leafs due to rougher ride and stick with rear block with extended Fox shocks. My 4x4 guy is telling me that I’ll get sick of owning and driving a lifted truck and that I should just stick with my leveled suspension. It’s a toss up, finding the most comfortable lift and I’ll be all over it otherwise just keep what I’ve got and customize it. Appreciate your feed back.

I’m looking into lifting my Sierra 1500 too but want the most comfortable ride possible. I rode in a lifted one a couple years ago and was shocked at how smooth it rode for being 6” lift. I was warned to stay clear of added rear leafs due to rougher ride and stick with rear block with extended Fox shocks. My 4x4 guy is telling me that I’ll get sick of owning and driving a lifted truck and that I should just stick with my leveled suspension. It’s a toss up, finding the most comfortable lift and I’ll be all over it otherwise just keep what I’ve got and customize it. Appreciate your feed back.

I honestly don't feel like the front is much if any different than my 2.25" leveling kit ride quality wise. The rear is deffinetely stiffer and I would not recommend the add a leaf if that is a concern. Stick with a block and either Fox or Bilstein shocks would be my choice for smoothness.

I honestly don't feel like the front is much if any different than my 2.25" leveling kit ride quality wise. The rear is deffinetely stiffer and I would not recommend the add a leaf if that is a concern. Stick with a block and either Fox or Bilstein shocks would be my choice for smoothness.

Currently, I’m running ProComp 2.25” billet aluminum up front with 5100 Bilstein struts. Rear, added ProComp 1” aluminum with 5100 Bilsteins minus boots [emoji6]. Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/60/20 on Fuel 20x9 +1 offset.
Ride is a bit stiff but I’m looking at having space for more tire articulation. I’m scared to death of cutting up my stock suspension then having lift with worse ride then having to spend even more to go back to level height. Ha! Decisions decisions, just looking for best riding setup.

• Like 1

Finally, time to go camping, four nights at the ocean.

Ready to head out.

GQ9DGVC.jpg

A warm Fall evening with the sound of the ocean in the distance.

g8VEUfX.jpg

Stopping for lunch on the way home.

9nqBM2b.jpg

• Like 1

Bumper tow travel trailers...

What’s the average height for your ball hitch? My wdh on its lowest holes is 29” high, with the trailer on it should drop 2. I think my hitch is still going to be about 3” too high.

I'm using a E2 Round bar hitch with a 10,000 weight rating.  I have never measured the height of the ball to the ground with the trailer connected.  The ball is mounted one up from the bottom.

• 10 months later...