Thanks for all the photos, I enjoy seeing the process. I built a 30 x 45 pole shed with my dad as well for his truck parking, but it is not finished like this!

30x45 pole shed

Can I just inquire why you have your temperature controlled rooms on opposite ends with a hallway between? I would imagine it could have been easier to have the garage stall on an end, with the heated rooms adjoining on the other end. maybe that shape didn't fit your lot.

Edited by coke813

Thanks for all the photos, I enjoy seeing the process. I built a 30 x 45 pole shed with my dad as well for his truck parking, but it is not finished like this!

Can I just inquire why you have your temperature controlled rooms on opposite ends with a hallway between? I would imagine it could have been easier to have the garage stall on an end, with the heated rooms adjoining on the other end. maybe that shape didn't fit your lot.

Actually, the high bay is also temperature controlled; (although I need to look into how we are going to seal the roll up door, it's one of those like you would find at a self storage place) and you are correct, the way we had our driveway poured is also what dictated where the rooms were placed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

8fa1c86c0c6b47998fc833746209b71f.jpg

02d5b4ea98c001114cd557532d7200db.jpg

e67513c30845e6f17694528eee2e80a6.jpg

9c2e37fd8eec6a5a547888aa41a3baa8.jpg

Things have finally started rolling again on the shop! A couple of weeks ago, we went ahead and set the unit on its extended pad and hooked it all up. (we tried firing it off, but it keeps blowing the 3 amp fuse) yesterday, I installed the security camera to watch over the unit to make sure it doesn't grow legs and walk away. (don't trust the neighbors around here too much) today, we hung the 4 lights in the high bay; and tomorrow they will hopefully be wired up and working!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for continuing to share these images all along! Great to see the progress. The whole thing looks fantastic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, it’s been a while, but we have an update on our shop! Come this winter, we will have GAS HEAT!

d314ee1954f39e015f298002d767b2ea.jpg the end of the gas line, and future location on the meter

2672cc26886705f73b58d46be8e5fb7f.jpg

89afe6c503cf017d3942307a369110a7.jpg

5ae856ef4a0dc4bb7f1b7af41cea47f9.jpg this runs right past our septic tank (and the utility had to sully my driveway with a Sooper Doody that hauled their ditch witch!)

0c9f573136f2f2d7534092013b02e939.jpg most of the hard gas line laying was done by our new corporate neighbor Dollar General, because the gas main is actually across the street, and the State of Tennessee requires a permit to bore underneath a state highway.

966e4e67d1a5c5edc9eb33a9e5b55ddc.jpg and a HUGE shoutout to Humphreys County Utility District for sending out a quick, efficient, and VERY courteous crew! And of course, to balance out the smelly Furd in my driveway, they had a nice looking GMT900 Crew Cab as the crew truck!

What size gas line diameter and what length?

if i remember correctly, its 200 ft of 1" diameter service line. it would have been shorter, but the gas main is on the opposite side of the highway from where we live and Tennessee requires a permit to bore underneath a state highway. (and it would have likely cost thousands of dollars that we really don't have to have it done that way.)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

aeb4394efb4109b3e48cd84159e7df1e.jpg5604be06d1c3518dd55bcf3d3b599fce.jpgb3b4adcecbe01b77182d0b5cd3b1a588.jpga7fa82c6176b51f36c20c557a37414bb.jpg

Well, Phase 2 of our concrete driveway has begun! On Monday, they did the dirt work and put up most of the forms; and they have started pouring concrete today. We will have 2 side pads at both ends of the shop for parking our tip trailer and the boat, as well as the riding mowers. Unfortunately, when Humphreys County Gas put in the natural gas line to the shop, they damaged the existing concrete right in front of the high bay door and the dirt work for Phase 2 damaged it even further. So they cut out that section and will re pour that with the rest of Phase 2. Another negative thing is that the trailer park behind us was bought by a new local owner, who my dad’s own words; is an “**** of the highest caliber”. Mainly because he is kicking everyone out by July 1st, and using the land for an impound lot for his precious towing company, and threw a hissy fit because the contractor we hired had to remove a section of OUR fence and go through the trailer park driveway because he didn’t want to damage our existing driveway with his tracked skidsteer. Hopefully the pouring will be finished by noon today and will be safe to drive on Monday. And of course, the concrete pump subcontractor they hired has EXCELLENT taste in pickups!

• 6 months later...

man what a cool project Truck!!!... great progress pics too!.... i'm not trying to hijack at all. but speaking of "man caves"... we finished up our 3 car garage with some old fence we replaced in the back yard!.. .. wife says its not a man cave...but its where we do allot of drinking and hangin!

IMG_2054.jpg

sorry .. here's one with all the lights on!...

IMG_1420.JPG

Edited by Crstfr
  • Like 1