2016 2500HD Viberation/Shaking

I am on my way back to the dealership tomorrow for the second time for a vibration/shaking at freeway speeds 63-75mph. My first post was about this topic also under the new members 1st post. I tried driving that truck with 400lbs of weights in the box over the rear axle and it seemed to dampen the vibration some but you could still feel it. I was monitoring my tire pressures also and it seems to occur when the tires get up to operating temps 60psi in the front & 70 psi in the rear. I have been on two short road trips in it and I get a little motion sick from it and My wife can no longer ride in the truck she get physically ill because of the shaking it effects her vertigo. I only have 1200 miles on the truck now and I don't know if i will make it to 2000. I love the appearance and the power the truck has but if it makes my wife sick riding in it what good is it. Is there any help out there for this issue? I would love to keep the truck if the vibration/shaking gets fixed. But I cant wait too long I am a tournament fisherman as a hobby but I wont be going on any road trips to any tournaments in this truck.

My truck does the same thing at 45-65mph. They day its normal if you don't have the noise canceling like the higher models offer. GM will not say what the impact of the vibration will lead to. I'm going into Arbitration with the BBB over this issue. Vibration sickness is playing a part in my case as well. When the BBB claim is filed, be prepared,GM stops helping you fix anything related to the issue on the claim . Before you file a claim,make the service center fix it. At least 3-4 trip . Expect dynomat and bigger wheels 18in with Michealin tire .

Thanks for the reply, I just dropped the truck off today and they are going to put some miles on it at freeway speeds they said and they are going to Road Force balance the tires. I have 18's on it with the Goodyear tires i don't remember which ones specifically aggressive off road tires. I asked them to go on a long road trip get the tires up to operating temp and cruse around 68-73mph for about a half hour so they get the feeling of numb hands from the shaking. I only have 1260 miles on the truck they were a little reluctant to do the road force balancing but they said will do it. Otherwise I love the power and looks but it has to be road worthy and it isn't. They gave me a loaner 2016 Silverado 1500 crew cab 4x4 and it is a sweet ride I only hope they get mine to ride as smooth. I will re-post when I get the truck back.

Have you tried dropping the tire pressures a bit ? I only have 58lb all around and its smooth. When I came home from dealer they had all the tires at max pressure. Also what tires and wheels do you have? I have 18'' alloy wheels with michelin AT2 there pretty smooth. I didnt see your other post so you have 18 but with goodyear tires ugh. Your 2500 can be very smooth truck but it wont feel like a 1500 just saying.

Edited by crankman

Thanks crankman, I don't expect it to be as smooth. My fishing partner has a 3500 with the Dirtymax & Alice and it is a nice riding truck. I just need to get rid of the shakes and it will be good.

Don't confuse vibration free ride with firm ride. Of course a heavy duty truck will have a harsher ride over bumps and road imperfections, but it should not vibrate on smooth road surface.

Edited by pm26

Hello all, I got my truck back Friday before the 4th of July. The dealership completed the Road Force balancing and found one of my rims and tire combinations would not come into spec so they replaced the combination and got it in spec. I have had the truck back for a week now and the ride is 90% better I still have a nuisance vibration/shake and will most likely bring the truck back in this week. The vib/shake is almost in unison with the road noise I get with the tires but I don't always have the vib/shaking going on it is still most noticeable at freeway speeds although it is minor now it is still there. I don't know what the next step would be. I don't mind the road noise and the rougher ride but the shake/vib gets annoying after an hour or so of riding.

I will follow up and re-post as I go.

I picked up a new 2016 silverado 3500HD a couple weeks ago. I read these forums about the vibration before purchasing and still went through with it. I had to get out of my ram. Couldn't say no to the blacked out Z71 HD's. No regrets so far with 1200km.

I did have that vibration at about 120km/h (75mph). Feel it in the steering wheel and driver seat. Also the empty passanger seat would shake pretty good too. It would not change if I got on or off the throttle so right away figured tires. But after putting 1200km on it so far Its pretty much smooth now. I think it was just new tread wearing in. Still going to get my tire balance checked whenever I bring it in for the first oil change.

Not really sure what else it could be as the truck feels tight and stiff. No front end or drivetrain rattles. Some must just be having bad luck because the guys I know with these trucks love em and have no issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not dropped the truck back at the dealer yet for the 3rd time i am putting a few miles on it first to see how the vibe shakes out. I have 2400 miles on it now and still have a small vibe at freeway speeds i am going to drop my tire pressures from 70psi to 55 psi and see what happens. I am running with the 18in Goodyear Duratracks and i really think it is the tries causing the vibe issue. weather they are out of round (egg shaped) or something. I am hooking up the boat and going fishing we will see how it goes dragging the boat down the road with 55psi in the tires.

I am on my way back to the dealership tomorrow for the second time for a vibration/shaking at freeway speeds 63-75mph. My first post was about this topic also under the new members 1st post. I tried driving that truck with 400lbs of weights in the box over the rear axle and it seemed to dampen the vibration some but you could still feel it. I was monitoring my tire pressures also and it seems to occur when the tires get up to operating temps 60psi in the front & 70 psi in the rear. I have been on two short road trips in it and I get a little motion sick from it and My wife can no longer ride in the truck she get physically ill because of the shaking it effects her vertigo. I only have 1200 miles on the truck now and I don't know if i will make it to 2000. I love the appearance and the power the truck has but if it makes my wife sick riding in it what good is it. Is there any help out there for this issue? I would love to keep the truck if the vibration/shaking gets fixed. But I cant wait too long I am a tournament fisherman as a hobby but I wont be going on any road trips to any tournaments in this truck.

Welcome to the club, the ChevyShake club. My dealer still tells me my vehicle operates within manufacturer specs.

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all.....

New here to the forum but not to GM.. Have had GM cars/trucks for many years... Loved my 2500 up to now....

Just had tires put on a few weeks ago and I now have the dreaded GM truck shake... My Sierra 2500HD has 55K on it I never had an issue till now...

The truck is bone stock with the OEM tires as replacements..

... I have spent the last two days on the forums and the last two nights moving the tires/wheels around along with adjusting tire pressures...... I have read that some have noticed that they have marked the tires to the wheels and noticed that they are slipping on the rim.. Anyone currently have this issue?

I have had it back to the dealer twice for regular and RF balance.... No luck.... I am going to mark the wheels and see if that may be the case here just thought id see what the consensus was on this... I had a loaner 2015 and a brand new 2016 as a loaner, both trucks you could mix a gallon of paint in the console.. worst ive seen so far.. The 16 had 1200 miles on it when they gave it to me, I returned it with 2200 and it never got any better...

Edited by 15bronzeduramax

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the club now as well...730 miles 2016 2500 6.6 crew 4x4

All 4 tires RFB...all out of spec according to Pico test and tire shop.

6 tires coming next week ...he ordered a couple spares lol.

These are michelin ltx 18 inch

I think people should do a log of truck motor crew or not and see where most are having issues...

Is it all hd frames....or is it all chevy trucks that are a certain lenght as far as wheel base...?

I do know that the 1500 and 2500 share same wheel lenght on a med bed for the 1500...and standard for the crew 2500.

So far tires seem not to be it.

What about size....20 over 18.?

What about the guys who have 17...

Just throwing ideas.

Are the leaf springs just to darn stiff.?