In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
silveradonationfan15

SD card slot in center console

IMG_0520_zpsb5577fdc.jpg

You can even watch Star Trek. But the new Obi Wan better look out!

IMG_0872_zpsdwo6zgsp.jpg

Pfft if you strike him down he will only become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. Like by giving advise to young adolescent boys and ... well no that was about the extent of it.

• Like 5

Q: Has anyone tried a 128GB (technically speaking if it can address 64 should be able to address 128GB of memory both are 64 bit.

I've been using a 128 GB SDHC Card for the last 2 years with no problems. The only issue I have is when I reinsert the card into the truck after adding more music to it I have to turn shuffle back on.

You can address up 100,000* songs and use your voice commands (or radio) to play them.

Commands include stuff like Play Song ..., Play Album..., Play Artist ..., Play Genre and a couple more.

I have just under 10,000 mp3's taking up about 85GB of space on the card. When I go to use a voice command the system tells me that I have too many media files to use the Play Song command. I can successfully use the Play Album or Play Artist voice commands though.

But I usually just leave it on random shuffle...never know what song is coming up next!

Bert

• Like 1

I noticed today my truck has a sd card slot in the center console. im just curious on what it is used for? Is it for media like music? or to put pictures or something on your radio screen?

Can you post a picture of where the card slot is please?

Methinks Obi-Wan not so concerned with a Smith .38+P.

• Like 1

Methinks Obi-Wan not so concerned with a Smith .38+P.

Oh no! I wouldn't want to strike him down...I want to "Turn him to the DARK SIDE." But I guarantee my "blaster" will get his attention.

IMG_0871_zpspiyqjbr7.jpg

My little truck gun... ahem.."Blaster"

IMG_0876_zpsbp2z1xjn.jpg

And then he and Mr Spock can go play Pokemon together with Yoda. Ok hijack is over.

#GREENLIVESMATTER

Edited by scott19677

Can you post a picture of where the card slot is please?

Mine is under the arm rest lid next to the USB slot. Sorry can't get a pic at the moment.

.... for when you really need to get through traffic.

Also confirmed, same location. It is a full size SD card slot not mini SD or any of that.

Interesting.

Voice commands don't work on mine via either an iPod connected or a 128GB USB thumbdrive. I get a voice response saying there are too many songs.

If voice commands actually work for the SD slot then hell I'll go buy an SD card and roll with that instead of the thumbdrive.

IMG_0520_zpsb5577fdc.jpg

You can even watch Star Trek. But the new Obi Wan better look out!

IMG_0872_zpsdwo6zgsp.jpg

Woulda laughed pretty hard if you popped a hole in your touchscreen. Not supposed to put the finger on the trigger unless you're planning on firing ;)

• Like 3

I've been using a 128 GB SDHC Card for the last 2 years with no problems. The only issue I have is when I reinsert the card into the truck after adding more music to it I have to turn shuffle back on.

I have just under 10,000 mp3's taking up about 85GB of space on the card. When I go to use a voice command the system tells me that I have too many media files to use the Play Song command. I can successfully use the Play Album or Play Artist voice commands though.

But I usually just leave it on random shuffle...never know what song is coming up next!

Bert

Bert, Can you tell me how to enable shuffle of the entire memory card?? I can shuffle mine but only for one artist. For example I have 6 AC DC cd's on the card but can only shuffle between those six mp3's.

FADEC

With shuffle already turned on and a song playing, press the "Browse" icon on the left of the screen.

On my truck this brings up a ribbon of icons along the bottom of the screen. Press the "Song" icon then press any song that shows up in the list.

That song will start playing and all the other songs on the SD card will follow randomly. I usually go on a 5,000km camping trip once a year and this works great. You can use the little paddles behind the steering wheel on the left side to advance to the next random song.

Bert

FADEC

With shuffle already turned on and a song playing, press the "Browse" icon on the left of the screen.

On my truck this brings up a ribbon of icons along the bottom of the screen. Press the "Song" icon then press any song that shows up in the list.

That song will start playing and all the other songs on the SD card will follow randomly. I usually go on a 5,000km camping trip once a year and this works great. You can use the little paddles behind the steering wheel on the left side to advance to the next random song.

Bert

Bert, Thanks for the info!! Works great!!

.... for when you really need to get through traffic.

Also confirmed, same location. It is a full size SD card slot not mini SD or any of that.

Just thought I'd point out that many Micro SD cards come with the full size adapter. That's what I'm using.

You can also use the usb port located next to the sd card slot. Load up your tunes on a usb flash drive, plug n play.

That's true, but it's really easy to accidentally hit that drive and break the drive, the factory connector, or both. The SD card sits in the slot and is almost impossible* to damage while loaded.

* Physical damage. Don't pour a coffee in there.