2015 Silverado - no sound

I have 17k miles on the truck and suddenly no sound. My Link display still works, bluetooth still dials by voice, but can't hear the person I am talking with. No sound out of the speakers. The turn signals don't make a sound, the radio doesn't play, my iPhone doesn't play, the reverse assist doesn't make a sound, no sound for seatbelts. Nothing. The display shows I am listening to which ever source I choose, but nothing. Anyone else have these issues? I'm new here and quickly searched the threads, but didn't see anything. Thanks for any and all advice!

Exactly the reason I am holding off on my Whipple supercharger setup till the factory warranty is out. If anything happens they will blame it on any mods

Same happened to my 14. All i did was turn it off open the door let sit for 5 minutes and restart. All worked well.

Rebooting works for me when MyLink screws up, likely some type of logic lockup under certain conditions, door reopen, radio playing, using Bluetooth at the same time etc.

Remove, wait about 30 secs. and reinstall the RaDiO fuse (in the passenger side dash fuse panel) to reboot the My Link system. There are software bugs they still haven't resolved (mine has the latest rev.) and they carry through to the 16s with the 8" screen.

• 1 year later...

Hmm.  I've read in some other posts about poor battery life and it's incredible to me that these batteries last such a short time.  My 11 VW Golf and 13 Passat are both over 100k miles, w/ their original batteries.

On 7/21/2016 at 8:07 PM, smrr1 said:

Same happened to my 14. All i did was turn it off open the door let sit for 5 minutes and restart. All worked well.

My 15 started doing the exact same thing. I thought after remote start installed something in the programming got messed up. I also found if shut it off and lock doors let everything power down and then unlock and start truck all works normal again. Not sure if remote start is cause but leaning to not if others having issues also..'

• 11 months later...

Thank you all for posting your solutions to what seems like a chronic Chevy problem.  I was so frustrated when the radio, chime, and blinker click started acting up about a week ago.  After a few starts and stops, and a  reset on the audio settings, the sounds would come back only to fall silent again.  This morning I got in, heard the chime, and the radio came on.  I thought it was going to be a good drive to work.  When I turned the key, I heard that dreaded sound of the starter dragging, then that rapid clicking sound that is made when the battery is almost dead.  The radio went silent, along with the door chime.  My heart sank.  I turned the key once more, and the engine roared to life.  I drove to a local parts store and purchased a new battery.  It seems that Sean D was spot on.  If it happens again, I'll pop in and post an update.

Dave in South Louisiana...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...