New 2014+ Aftermarket Tow mirrors

Helping test these.

Delt with this company in the past that supplies to the major aftermarket companies and had a good experience. I was lucky enough to be able to get a set of these and test them out.

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra built September 2015. SLT Trim level with power folding, memory, and all other higher trim options.

Okay so lets set the stage. First I upgraded from DL3 standard mirrors that came on my truck to the OEM DL8 towing mirrors. That required me to change out both door harnesses. Once that was done everything worked as if it came that way from the factory. No extra splicing or wiring required. The only modification that I had to make is drill 1 hole in each door for the fourth bolt that the OEM tow mirrors require to mount to the door.

Here is a video of that finished product:

Now onto what this thread is about. I agreed to help test aftermarket tow mirrors that are going to be for owners that want to upgrade from the standard mirror to a towing mirror without having to change out an entire door harness. That being said some minor wiring was required but it wasn't that bad. What I am showing is by no means the only way to get it done or is the final product.

I suck with pictures so I haven't uploaded those yet but I did take videos. Again I am not much for making videos so if they suck forgive me.

Anyways here are the videos!

Let me know what you guys think of these.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arth - NICE job on the video! The mirrors look awesome! When and where can I get a pair? Do you really think the price will drop below $800? Any issues installing these on trucks not built in Flint. From what I recall, it is not recommended to install the DQS (oem) camper mirrors on trucks built in Mexico.

Is the company looking for anymore test subjects? I would be swapping from DL3 just as you did. Seriously, I would be more than willing to buy/ test a pair today if I could get my hands on them.

How could I get in touch with you / and or the company?

Hey guys, I don't think the company will be looking for anymore testers because I see 1A Auto already has them. This means that they are nearing sale time.

I don't have any info on adding options just replacing identical optioned DL3 mirrors with DL8 tow mirrors as I did.

Arth - NICE job on the video! The mirrors look awesome! When and where can I get a pair? Do you really think the price will drop below $800? Any issues installing these on trucks not built in Flint. From what I recall, it is not recommended to install the DQS (oem) camper mirrors on trucks built in Mexico.

Is the company looking for anymore test subjects? I would be swapping from DL3 just as you did. Seriously, I would be more than willing to buy/ test a pair today if I could get my hands on them.

How could I get in touch with you / and or the company?

My truck was built in Mexico and it came with the power fold camper mirrors.. work perfect

Wanna send me the standard DL3 mirrors? lol.

Been thinking about selling them. Not sure yet.

Towing mirrors should be Standard on these trucks! Very functional and look better than the car mirrors.

Those mirriors look sweet! Do you have the LED reverse in them?

Yes they have the reverse LED's.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Arth,

Would you happen to have a part number for the tow mirrors you installed (with the black chrome signals)? I still can't find those at 1A Auto or AM Auto. Were they offered as a kit and you just had to supply the extra wire? Any info you can pass along would be a great big help.

Thanks!

PS sorry to keep bothering you about these mirrors...but once I get an idea in my head I can't stop it.

Archived