Happy with your seatbelt recall fix?

Maybe I'm just "stupid", but isn't the "tensioner" in the pillar??? So why are/were they cutting the trim on the "seat mount" part of the belt??!!!!

The recall was on the steel cable down below, they are susceptible to wearing out prematurely for someone who gets in and out of the truck a lot (like construction workers). I guess it would rub on the plastic or something and start to fray, so they installed a pusher bracket to push it further out into the opening

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if that is the reason, I feel better in not having taken the pickup in for the seatbelt thing. I don't know about construction workers, but those of us out on the farm/ranch, we get in and out of the pickup quite frequently when it is being used, but we don't use the seatbelts except for highway runs. I am not going to fasten a seatbelt to go out on the property to do things, check fence line, or drive from out buildings to grain bins. But I suppose construction workers have OSHA to deal with. I don't.

we get in and out of the pickup quite frequently when it is being used, but we don't use the seatbelts except for highway runs.

I agree with you, but I don't think you need to fasten the belt to create this wear. I was under the impression that the "wear" occurs when a person climbs in and out pushing on the bottom seat belt clip. I could be wrong....

I agree with you, but I don't think you need to fasten the belt to create this wear. I was under the impression that the "wear" occurs when a person climbs in and out pushing on the bottom seat belt clip. I could be wrong....

No this is exactly it. It's from it bending back and forth constantly and I guess it will fray the cable. I don't see how a little pusher bracket solves the issue but apparently GM does lol

• 2 weeks later...

I just had this seat belt recall done to my truck and it was the first thing I noticed when I opened the door. I could not believe that GM would authorize this hack job on my $50000.00 truck. I called them up and told them.They wanted to act like it was the dealers fault and I was complaining about them.I told them that I read that this was their authorized fix.My dealer called me and told me they ordered me a new part and would call me when it came in. I dont want a part with a cut out hole. Can you still get a part with the flaps not cut out? What was the difference in the new truck fix and the hack job. Please help. I don't care if have to pay for it. I'm trying to figure how to explain to my dealer the fix that keeps the flaps. Thanks

I just had this seat belt recall done to my truck and it was the first thing I noticed when I opened the door. I could not believe that GM would authorize this hack job on my $50000.00 truck. I called them up and told them.They wanted to act like it was the dealers fault and I was complaining about them.I told them that I read that this was their authorized fix.My dealer called me and told me they ordered me a new part and would call me when it came in. I dont want a part with a cut out hole. Can you still get a part with the flaps not cut out? What was the difference in the new truck fix and the hack job. Please help. I don't care if have to pay for it. I'm trying to figure how to explain to my dealer the fix that keeps the flaps. Thanks

I think all the pieces that have been manufactured after the recall came out have the cut flaps. But they are nice, straight machine cuts not the hack job some of us have been getting

That sucks! That part should in today. My dealer told me it was going to come with flap. That's what I want. I don't think even he knows.Anyone know where to buy one with the flaps.Do the 2016 come with flaps and does that part on those fit a 2014. Thanks

That sucks! That part should in today. My dealer told me it was going to come with flap. That's what I want. I don't think even he knows.Anyone know where to buy one with the flaps.Do the 2016 come with flaps and does that part on those fit a 2014. Thanks

At this point you'd have to find one either in a junk yard or someone who hasn't had it done yet. I'm like 90% sure they are the exact same across the entire k2 truck spectrum ('14-17)

So a 2016 seat cover part is the same as a 2014 and comes without the flaps?

Correct. They will all come without the flaps, no matter the year. But it should only be missing the rear 2 flaps, the rest are supposed to be intact

When the recall first came out didn't GM have a fix that that told dealers could do to unsold 2014 on the lot that kept the flaps? I wish I would have checked here first.I'm OCD and picky! They are not doing anymore recall work on my truck unless I know what it is!

I haven't and won't take my truck in for this recall. This hack fix from GM is why I am staying away from my dealer. I was also told that I could sign off on the recall, but I'm not signing anything. :nonod:

I just did my first oil change myself and it gets harder every year crawling under a vehicle. I had to retire early from trucking because of my back and I started driving cars for my dealer... They haven't called me for 5 weeks to move a car so I can't afford the cost of their Mobil 1 change either.

My wife bought a 2017 equinox in October, and I picked it up for her, (and it had an empty gas tank). Not feeling the love anymore...

take a look at the 2500 side seat panel. It will bolt on but has a different seat belt hole arrangement. GM won't put one on under warranty but for those so upset that they will buy one, it may be a solution.

Archived