Denali cluster in SLT

The crash avoidance module in the pickups is not capable to HUD info as you would need to replace the crash avoidance module with the SUV's HUD unit. There are atleast 2 different p/n's for the HUD as GM has made revisions of which I don't what the changes are from my research though but a big price difference between them with the superceded p/n. By the looks of everything, there will be some needed modifications to the pickup dashes to get this to work and look decent. I haven't been able to test stuff as I'm still waiting on my cluster as it's still on backorder. The SUV defroster vent panel and cluster visor MAY work WITH modification of the pickup's dash behind its cluster visor but again haven't been able to test yet. As for where to mount the switch, I'm still looking for ideas since I have the trailer brake controller, there is limited space for a clean install.

I agree..it appears the defroster panel has nothing to do with the hud system. There are separate part #'s for the defroster showing w and w/o crash avoidance. Same goes for the visor. So hopefully there will be room to mount the hud module. There is a chance the cluster visor from the SUV's would fit but would need to take a chance on ordering one or study it closely. I personally could never cut the existing visor to have it look 'right'. Then there is the wiring and switch problem to figure out.

That's very helpful thanks..Does the dash pad to the defrost panel 'step down' at all. On the trucks the visor stops short of the actual dash then steps down to the defroster grille. I'm afraid it would make for a very tough retrofit...to look right anyway. The switch looks to be an easier mod.

To clarify..The crash avoidance in the trucks is actually in the defroster grill, not the dash visor as is the case in the SUV's.

Edited by CRApex

The crash avoidance and the HUD are in the same location which is why putting the SUV defroster panel in the pickups should work theoretically. Getting the SUV cluster visor to fit is where the modification needs to be made to the pickups dash pad is my assumption.

That's very helpful thanks..Does the dash pad to the defrost panel 'step down' at all. On the trucks the visor stops short of the actual dash then steps down to the defroster grille. I'm afraid it would make for a very tough retrofit...to look right anyway. The switch looks to be an easier mod.

To clarify..The crash avoidance in the trucks is actually in the defroster grill, not the dash visor as is the case in the SUV's.

Yes, I would say it steps down.

The crash avoidance and the HUD are in the same location which is why putting the SUV defroster panel in the pickups should work theoretically. Getting the SUV cluster visor to fit is where the modification needs to be made to the pickups dash pad is my assumption.

My crash avoidance hole appears to be in the same location. It may only be a matter of making it larger.

Anyone have pics of the HUD cluster visor? If its the same as that one, all you would need is the truck defroster panel if you don't have one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My crash avoidance hole appears to be in the same location. It may only be a matter of making it larger.

Anyone have pics of the HUD cluster visor? If its the same as that one, all you would need is the truck defroster panel if you don't have one.

That's only if the the truck defroster panel and SUV defroster panel are interchangeable..as well as the cluster visor panels. It'd be great if they were...

So ideally if putting hud in a truck you'd need to order the defroster panel and cluster visor from an SUV and hope they work.

That's only if the the truck defroster panel and SUV defroster panel are interchangeable..as well as the cluster visor panels. It'd be great if they were...

So ideally if putting hud in a truck you'd need to order the defroster panel and cluster visor from an SUV and hope they work.

What I'm saying is

1) The dashes appear to be completely different. You would need the whole dash to make the visor look right from the suv.

2) The HUD/crash warning hole appears to be in the same location as the truck.

3) If the size of the hole is the same we should be ok

4) If the hole is larger it would only require a little massaging of said hole.

5) Anybody have pics of HUD defroster panel?

Edited by stereojnky

I'm getting closer to my Denali cluster for my truck. I received my cluster in the mail and its sitting on my counter to get shipped to GTPprix for him to work his magic.... Just need to go to the post office and ship it.

Awesome! Just make sure you guys have orders prior to sending our drop site takes only shipments with order numbers attached :)