Jump to content

NIXONRIDE

Denali cluster in SLT

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, GTPprix said:

FAQ – Please read before contacting us – thank you!

 

Q: I have a base model truck will this mod work?

A: Yes we can retrofit program the Denali or smaller color cluster for your application. See the thread from pgamboa regarding the steps needed to make this work properly on your end.

 

Q: I already bought a cluster will it work?

A: That depends on MANY factors, we HIGHLY recommend you contact us first with the part number you are looking at to confirm fitment.

 

Q: How much does this whole shebang cost?

A: We only do programming and the cost varies depending on what cluster you get, the condition, any special requests etc. Typically most people do this mod for around $500 total including cluster.

 

Q: I bought a cluster and plugged it in and now some things dont work, can you program it?

A: We have posted multiple warnings to not plug units into your vehicle until we program them, if you plug it in prior you own it and the tamper flags you created; we wont touch it.

 

Q: Whats the average turnaround time?

A: Typically one weekend or less depending on work load.

 

Q: What part numbers should I be looking for?

A: You want the Denali part number for your EXACT year and specification. If you have a 2016 diesel you need a 2016 diesel cluster. 2015 has two model years effectively 2015 and 2015.5 as always ANY part you are looking at please send us the part number to confirm fitment prior to purchase!

 

Q: I want to move ahead what info do I need to send you to get a quote and check compatibility?

A: Your VIN, the cluster part number you are looking at and its condition.

 

 

Thank you!! :)

Out of curiousity, is there any way to remove the tamper flags once they've been set?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks@GTPprix. I’m sure my inbox will be inundated more than ever. Lol.

All I did was make a video on how to install the cluster :) and adding front park assist along the way. LOL.

It all works great!

For anyone looking to do this upgrade, please do your homework, obtain part #s for your specific year, then shoot an email during those hours. Patience is key here. Provide as MUCH information as you can in that one email so you don’t lose time on back/forth correspondence (especially if you’re anxious to do this upgrade).

The FAQs are a great.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GTPprix said:

If you are emailing regarding this service please make sure you are sending 1. Your VIN 2. The clusters you are looking at (we are not suppling part numbers there may be 20 per application so there could be 60 per truck) and we will confirm fitment 3. The condition of the cluster you are looking at so we can quote the pricing. 

 

Thanks!

Okay.  I supplied the VIN in my first email but from one your previous posts I thought you said to email you for the cluster part number FIRST so I didn't buy the cluster yet.  Guess I misunderstood.  Mines a 2015 (possibly 2015.5) Silverado so I'll look for Denali clusters for that.  But a few quick questions maybe you can answer here:

 

1)  Can the background digital colors be changed from the GMC red to Chevy blue?

2)  Can the Tach and Speedo overlays be changed out?  I have a Z71 and kind of like the "reverse sawtooth" background.

3)  I think the Tahoe LTZ was available in 2015 with this cluster.  I assume that would work as well.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bndawgs said:

Out of curiousity, is there any way to remove the tamper flags once they've been set?  

The "normal/corporate" answer: No. 

The whatever it takes answer: Sure if you want to spend thousands of dollars replacing a shit ton of modules LOL Then again with that part of the process it'll be very obvious why you're doing it. 

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

Thanks@GTPprix. I’m sure my inbox will be inundated more than ever. Lol.

All I did was make a video on how to install the cluster :) and adding front park assist along the way. LOL.

It all works great!

For anyone looking to do this upgrade, please do your homework, obtain part #s for your specific year, then shoot an email during those hours. Patience is key here. Provide as MUCH information as you can in that one email so you don’t lose time on back/forth correspondence (especially if you’re anxious to do this upgrade).

The FAQs are a great.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Thanks man much appreciated!!! :D

1 hour ago, sk said:

Okay.  I supplied the VIN in my first email but from one your previous posts I thought you said to email you for the cluster part number FIRST so I didn't buy the cluster yet.  Guess I misunderstood.  Mines a 2015 (possibly 2015.5) Silverado so I'll look for Denali clusters for that.  But a few quick questions maybe you can answer here:

 

1)  Can the background digital colors be changed from the GMC red to Chevy blue?

2)  Can the Tach and Speedo overlays be changed out?  I have a Z71 and kind of like the "reverse sawtooth" background.

3)  I think the Tahoe LTZ was available in 2015 with this cluster.  I assume that would work as well.

 

Thanks!

Not sure why it quoted you on that, that actually wasnt aimed at you just a prelude to the FAQ post LOL

 

1. Not on a 2015

2. No these are Denali specific

3. No, they had it in 2016. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris,

 

Thanks for the quick response.  I love the Denali cluster and wanted to do this upgrade but don't know if I like the red menus.  If I decide to do it I'll pick up one from a 2015 and let you know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris,

 

You mean I missed the opportunity for a blue theme on my 2016 cluster?  LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GTPprix said:

The "normal/corporate" answer: No. 

The whatever it takes answer: Sure if you want to spend thousands of dollars replacing a shit ton of modules LOL Then again with that part of the process it'll be very obvious why you're doing it. 

 

Thanks man much appreciated!!! :D

Not sure why it quoted you on that, that actually wasnt aimed at you just a prelude to the FAQ post LOL

 

1. Not on a 2015

2. No these are Denali specific

3. No, they had it in 2016. 

 

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

Chris,

 

You mean I missed the opportunity for a blue theme on my 2016 cluster?  LOL.

Chris,

 

Me too, with the trouble that mine has caused you guys for my 2016 diesel, you could have switched a 2016 Denali Diesel cluster to the Chevy Blue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sk said:

Chris,

 

Thanks for the quick response.  I love the Denali cluster and wanted to do this upgrade but don't know if I like the red menus.  If I decide to do it I'll pick up one from a 2015 and let you know!

 

The only way that would work is if we custom programmed a 2016 tahoe (GAS ONLY LOL) and you upgraded the rest of the modules on the most bus to 2016's. This is something we'd discuss via email. 

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

Chris,

 

You mean I missed the opportunity for a blue theme on my 2016 cluster?  LOL.

 

I think people forget that changing the theme doesn't  change the rest of the physical colors LOL It can be done but it would be all SUV graphics. 

 

12 minutes ago, BlkSS said:

 

Chris,

 

Me too, with the trouble that mine has caused you guys for my 2016 diesel, you could have switched a 2016 Denali Diesel cluster to the Chevy Blue?

Nah you'd still have red/white physical gauges :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

 

Nah you'd still have red/white physical gauges :(

Gotcha, thanks Chris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 2015 SLT that you programmed the Denali cluster for, I’m getting rid of my truck next week. Will the cluster work in someone else’s vehicle?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we reprogram it again and is compatible yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we reprogram it again and is compatible yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very interested in this. 2016 sierra. But I can't find the part anywhere. I tried the listed part number. GMdirect said it was discontinued. I didn't read all 26 pages. So what is you contact info? I will email you my vin. thanks 

 

Note may buy USCGRetiredJosh cluster..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.