Denali cluster in SLT

10 hours ago, jbh4381 said:

If anyone is looking for a 2016 Blue/Green cluster, this one popped up on eBay this morning. This is the first one I have seen in a year that was used on eBay. Was going to do this for my Silverado, but on the fence about keeping the truck. Figured I would pass a great deal on to someone who might be waiting. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speedometer-Cluster-MPH-US-Market-ID-23390928-Fits-16-SUBURBAN-1500-1780330/332852271813?hash=item4d7f8a9ac5:g:AsYAAOSwn6Jb0K-b:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Jeff

Man wish I would have seen this a few hours ago!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, migizi said:

Guys,take heed, I ordered my cluster from GM Parts direct and the order was rejected 2 days later, they claimed dealer only part.

then i ordered from GM parts giant, after 2 days and no confirming email, (just a paypal hold), I was able to track their phone number down via the BBB web site, called them, they claimed they emailed and there was a price increase (verified they had correct  email spelling and yet I found no such emails in spam folder or inbox), regardless, canceled over phone and still not seeing cancellation email, beware...

Meanwhile, had enough...ordered my cluster from specmo, price was very good.

only caveat, no warranty if no core exchange and not being sent to dealer for programming, I’m good with that ?

Will send it to Chris for hud programming.

Anyone have a list of options (like off road info) that can be enabled beyond what’s already part of vin/installed options?

Yeah I think Spemco and Pace are the only places that will sell you a cluster directly. The GM parts sites seemingly will only sell to dealers

For those who have done this swap.....

I have ordered the programming from WAMS. I believe I have the right cluster picked out from Pace.....I'm waiting to hear from WAMS ( @GTPprix ) if I can send the cluster to them, but haven't. Can I just send the cluster w/order # on my own to them for programming?

Edited by bkesting

4 minutes ago, bkesting said:

For those who have done this swap.....

I have ordered the programming from WAMS. I believe I have the right cluster picked out from Pace.....I'm waiting to hear from WAMS if I can send the cluster to them, but haven't. Can I just send the cluster w/order # on my own to them for programming?

You would have had to have an approval BEFORE ordering just like it says on the product page. 

First line of product "-> YOU MUST CONFIRM FITMENT BY READING THE THREAD REFERENCED BELOW AND THEN WITH US VIA EMAIL PRIOR TO ORDERING THIS SERVICE <-"

Edited by GTPprix

1 minute ago, GTPprix said:

You would have had to have an approval BEFORE ordering just like it says on the product page. 

Then I guess I messed up. So I ordered the programming, but I have not yet ordered a cluster. What can I do now?

5 minutes ago, bkesting said:

Then I guess I messed up. So I ordered the programming, but I have not yet ordered a cluster. What can I do now?

Probably start by waiting till I get time to reply to the email you only sent a couple of hours ago? LOL 

Just now, bkesting said:

Sorry. Impatient I am. Take your time

No worries and this goes for everyone (not a shot at you!) the more I get tagged here and have to stop working the longer everyones stuff takes :)

• Like 1

Does anyone have a PART NUMBER (GM or GMC) for the proper HUD windshield I would need for my 2015 Suburban LTZ?????-it has lane keep assist and I am adding HUD (obviously).

I really prefer OEM and not Safelite or any of that other aftermarket crap glass. I'm in it this far, I want it done right! 

But I have tried a GMC dealer and A Chevy Dealer and neither one can seem to determine which windshield I need, they both kept mumbling that my 2015 Suburban does not come with HUD  - [NO SCHMIDT KNUCKHEADS ~ THIS IS WWY 'IM DOING THE FREEKING MOD :fume:]

Does anyone have a PART NUMBER (GM or GMC) for the proper HUD windshield I would need for my 2015 Suburban LTZ?????-it has lane keep assist and I am adding HUD (obviously).

I really prefer OEM and not Safelite or any of that other aftermarket crap glass. I'm in it this far, I want it done right! 

But I have tried a GMC dealer and A Chevy Dealer and neither one can seem to determine which windshield I need, they both kept mumbling that my 2015 Suburban does not come with HUD  - [NO SCHMIDT KNUCKHEADS ~ THIS IS WWY 'IM DOING THE FREEKING MOD :fume:]

The suv HUD windshield GM part number is 23508429. I just had one installed in my 2015 Yukon. I have the lane keep assist option as well.

For reference, the suv NON-HUD windshield with lane keep assist is GM part number 23508428.

This will be the info on the HUD windshield.

46efd5194861d202e5bff70594fe05f8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

finding someone (I would trust) to replace the windshield is becoming more of a challenge than I thought

when I say I want to replace my existing windshield with a GM HUD compatible windshield - the estimater go into stutter mode. After the fog clears, I get different responses to my quote request

So far:

• I have had a dealer quote me about $975 which includes 'calibration' 
  • I have had a dealership owned autoglass franchise claim the GM's do not require calibration as they calibrate themselves
  • I have had an independent shop tell me if they do not unplug the forward camera or mirror, then no calibration is required

Anyone out there have words of advice :lurk:

Just now, migizi said:

finding someone (I would trust) to replace the windshield is becoming more of a challenge than I thought

when I say I want to replace my existing windshield with a GM HUD compatible windshield - the estimater go into stutter mode. After the fog clears, I get different responses to my quote request

So far:

• I have had a dealer quote me about $975 which includes 'calibration' 
  • I have had a dealership owned autoglass franchise claim the GM's do not require calibration as they calibrate themselves
  • I have had an independent shop tell me if they do not unplug the forward camera or mirror, then no calibration is required

Anyone out there have words of advice :lurk:

No calibration required, R&R glass. 

28 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

No calibration required, R&R glass. 

Thanks Chris! that will save me $300 the stealership was going to take from me for calibration

That will be the final step after the HUD installation is complete!

I have all my parts (except cluster - which was delivered to your shop for programming last week)

Chris - may I ask... are there any features (or options) that can be enabled or added to the cluster functionality besides the HUD feature, like the offload axis info, or anything else?

- in my case - I did purchase and install MVI's radio and nav with CarPlay already so the CarPlay steering wheel functions can be enabled (per your direction/guidance), my LTZ has forward collision alert and LDA

Edited by migizi

Anybody looking for a 2018 L5P Diesel cluster, saw this one on ebay today. Part# 8438-5169

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Chevy-GMC-2500-3500-Instrument-Cluster-Diesel-8430-5169/163106348340?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

It is listed as a 2017, but I emailed WAMS to verify it would work on a 2017, but they informed me that it was for a 2018. Looks to have a scratch on the lens and small crack at a tab, but a good price anyways.

Regards,

big rog