Denali cluster in SLT

Anyone else with a 14 and the full CarPlay upgrade done notice their off road screen does not change.  On mine it stays at 45 degrees and does not change, not really a big deal just curious if anyone else noticed this.

5 hours ago, elpapasneaky said:

My cluster just died on me, I’ve got no speedo, 2 lights working, and that’s it on my dash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you happen to have a pic?

On 5/5/2019 at 1:03 PM, lapoolboy said:

Just got my cluster back from Chris after having his patch done to correct the back-up sensor graphic "disappearance" issue.  It works great now!  Thanks Chris and thanks @Jchoi for being the guinea pig.  

You’re welcome, and glad everything is up and running. 

Anyone else with a 14 and the full CarPlay upgrade done notice their off road screen does not change.  On mine it stays at 45 degrees and does not change, not really a big deal just curious if anyone else noticed this.

2014 doesn’t have the hardware for it, that’s normal.

LOL!  Like you didn't know it wouldn't work in your truck before you bought it to flip!  [emoji23]

I bought the Leather dashboard for my truck and it came with this cluster and the Radio Screen didn’t know the parts numbers until I bought the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey gang just a little operational update here:

We've added a fifth complete programming bench and because of this and the resulting increase in efficiency we are lowering the price of this service (and some other popular services).

Moving forward we are going to bundle in the odometer lock removal service at no extra cost for used clusters as part of the regreening process so those may be used now as well (just make sure we get them before you plug them in!)

We are also going to be starting to take hour meter programming by request into these units. The issue is most trucks dont show the idle hours where the denali does so looking it up prior to shipping the unit in will be difficult at best but if you want to go through the trouble we will make it happen. 

Thanks [emoji4]

Edited by GTPprix
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
Hey gang just a little operational update here:

We've added a fifth complete programming bench and because of this and the resulting increase in efficiency we are lowering the price of this service (and some other popular services).

Moving forward we are going to bundle in the odometer lock removal service at no extra cost for used clusters as part of the regreening process so those may be used now as well (just make sure we get them before you plug them in!)

We are also going to be starting to take hour meter programming by request into these units. The issue is most trucks dont show the idle hours where the denali does so looking it up prior to shipping the unit in will be difficult at best but if you want to go through the trouble we will make it happen. 

Thanks [emoji4]

Perfect timing. Just got my new cluster delivered from Specmo (ordered back in March). Will be sending it in to get programmed!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

On 5/8/2019 at 12:44 PM, GTPprix said:

Thank you for your patience! :) 

FYI for anyone just tuning in the fix has been built into all of the clusters that had this issue now so its all good in da hood :) 

I have a 2018 GMC SLT  will this cluster work for my truck ???

2018 Denali cluster part # 84505077

67401818_10156499590445493_6145029131676418048_n.jpg

Edited by PAPER

35 minutes ago, PAPER said:

I have a 2018 GMC SLT  will this cluster work for my truck ???

2018 Denali cluster part # 84505077

67401818_10156499590445493_6145029131676418048_n.jpg

Please use the contact us form from our website including all of the fields and put that part number in there we will check it against your vin :)

So I woke up this morning to an email asking about our service relative to some questions that were raised early this morning. Rather than thread crap I figured here was the best place to address them head on.

Some background first: We have been doing this for almost 20 years at this point and Global A Secure clusters since the first platform launched in 2010 for Dealerships and numerous customers worldwide both commercial and individual. 

So to get to it some of the questions that have come up:

1. Pricing - If you haven't checked our all new website since I posted the operation efficiency update; you should. I think you'll find some statements being made elsewhere interesting when you look at that especially when you see we are now selling brand new clusters at barely over dealer cost (when you factor in shipping and sales tax on our end to get them).

2. Differences in cluster model years - the notion that we've been just saying you have to use the proper model year for the heck of it. Well thats simply not the case, not sure the logic behind that statement but GM doesn't like to make part number changes if it doesn't have to; this costs everyone in the supply chain money and complicates things for everyone. They would much rather build one part number for 2016-2018 for example with minor revisions if it were possible and not 3-6 each year; if there is a part number change there is a change somewhere. It may be a base software change it may be hardware but the push to keep the proper part number for your year is for YOUR benefit as you'll see below. Another giveaway on this is check the additional options made available between model years....We will do it 100% OEM perfectly or we wont do it at all, even simple things like text running off the screen or a missing icon/asset; we wont do it. We test on a minimum of around 5-6 types of vehicle prior to releasing anything including full and no content vehicles.

3. The notion that we don't do metic clusters. We most certainly do; for trucks that have metric clusters to begin with lol But the bulk of our business is as you would guess US based so we put the list together for those. We generally do not participate in putting metric clusters in US spec trucks as it has caused customers issues with one of our big selling points UNLESS its an export.

4. There are some added features that I believe we may be the only place that offer such as some of the features we've recently posted in here such as odometer lock removal, engine hours etc.

5. Extra menus - Yup we've been doing those for what 8-9 years now? (check our youtube channel LOL) If they work and are valuable they are there.

6. What we alluded to above: Our biggest customers are dealers and in case you forgot we are GMDN and because of this there are NO WARRANTY IMPLICATIONS. This is why we do things the way we do, we have a strict set of guidelines to adhere to.  

So thats our stance on this, not to knock anyone in the least but we dont suggest anyone simply race to the bottom so to speak on something that can have warranty and potential legal implications for the end user; we run a tight ship for a reason and if you've read most of or even some of this thread you know why. 

Thank you all for your support over the years; we greatly appreciate it! :)

Edited by GTPprix
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Putting an order in for a cluster  for my 17 Silverado and it's asking me do I want "Odometer Lock"?  Assuming the clusters you have are OEM new and have not been plugged in, I don't need to select it.  Please confirm so I don't mess up my order.

Thanks.....

Edited by parthery

19 minutes ago, parthery said:

Putting an order in for a cluster  for my 17 Silverado and it's asking me do I want "Odometer Lock"?  Assuming the clusters you have are OEM new and have not been plugged in, I don't need to select it.  Please confirm so I don't mess up my order.

Thanks.....

Yup you are 100% correct, I think i'm going to tweak the display for that to only show up with used clusters. Apparently the description for the two main options didnt carry over from the old website; my apologies!

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, WAMS delivers! Thanks to @GTPprix Chris for a great job and fast turnaround time on my cluster. I didn't get much time to go through all the options, but everything works so far and looks good! And the AA update that Google pushed, updated on the same day I installed this(8/6/19) and if feels like I got a new truck.. ? 

If you're looking to install one in a 2017, you can use 84505073. That's what Specmo sent as it superseded 84201626. 

complete_dash.thumb.jpg.6a868f191bdf08904d23ac62fcb7ba71.jpgnew_AA_interface.thumb.jpg.6259ff829d2e437991780ebbaae8ebfd.jpg

• Like 1