In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

NIXONRIDE

Denali cluster in SLT

19 minutes ago, Boewing1 said:

Need some help....

Did the cluster swap all went good I thought. But and there always a big but. Parking assist is not showing up in the cluster. I think all else works. The seat does vibrate. White auto and media did the programming. Any help would be awesome.

C8DA95C8-3BC5-4E5C-859E-2EFA61B14EB6.jpeg

Was hoping to make an official post after there was a confirmed fix however very long story short there is a bug that seems to have been introduced into the late 2017 Firmware that carried into the branch used for the 2018-2019 units as well. Basically The clusters ignore ANY configuration for a rear park assist only even though they are configured as such; the bug even allows for the display of the park assist on/off state messages but not the actual sensor data. 

This would never have been an issue for GM as they never built any trucks that used these clusters in that time frame that DIDN'T have UD5 (Front and Rear Park Assist). I have spent a metric ton of time recently benching up a mockup to test this and indeed was able to see no matter what data frames were sent (or emulated) from a park assist unit the clusters would not display anything for rear park assist. Jchoi is testing a third revision of a work around that hopefully should work as we were able to display park assist information on his unit on the bench, I was even able to replicate this situation in my own 2018 Denali. 

Hopefully will have something to report here very soon, it should be noted since the discovery of this we have stopped taking any orders for 2018 trucks that have rear park assist only but again hope to reverse that the second we have good feedback. 

Edited by GTPprix
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

Was hoping to make an official post after there was a confirmed fix however very long story short there is a bug that seems to have been introduced into the late 2017 Firmware that carried into the branch used for the 2018-2019 units as well. Basically The clusters ignore ANY configuration for a rear park assist only even though they are configured as such; the bug even allows for the display of the park assist on/off state messages but not the actual sensor data. 

This would never have been an issue for GM as they never built any trucks that used these clusters in that time frame that DIDN'T have UD5 (Front and Rear Park Assist). I have spent a metric ton of time recently benching up a mockup to test this and indeed was able to see no matter what data frames were sent (or emulated) from a park assist unit the clusters would not display anything for rear park assist. Jchoi is testing a third revision of a work around that hopefully should work as we were able to display park assist information on his unit on the bench, I was even able to replicate this situation in my own 2018 Denali. 

Hopefully will have something to report here very soon, it should be noted since the discovery of this we have stopped taking any orders for 2018 trucks that have rear park assist only but again hope to reverse that the second we have good feedback. 

I commend your effort and follow through with me on this. I will let you know ASAP via the website once it’s installed. 

33 minutes ago, Jchoi said:

I commend your effort and follow through with me on this. I will let you know ASAP via the website once it’s installed. 

Thanks man and I appreciate your patience helping me try to make sure we cover all of the bases here; this certainly is a weird one as a regression to omit features is not something GM would pay a supplier for so its got to be a bug at this point lol 

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, I will be waiting as well for the fix.

1 hour ago, GTPprix said:

Thanks man and I appreciate your patience helping me try to make sure we cover all of the bases here; this certainly is a weird one as a regression to omit features is not something GM would pay a supplier for so its got to be a bug at this point lol 

Hopefully if I purchase something else from you, it will be more routine haha. 

Hopefully if I purchase something else from you, it will be more routine haha. 

Yeah this is definitely not the norm I promise hahaha

So, is it safe to send my cluster back to you now for this workaround?  You don't need the park assist module too then, right?  My truck is a 2017 and I believe I was the first one to experience this issue.  You and I traded emails for several days but life got busy and I never send it back to you.  Ready now if you are!

So, is it safe to send my cluster back to you now for this workaround?  You don't need the park assist module too then, right?  My truck is a 2017 and I believe I was the first one to experience this issue.  You and I traded emails for several days but life got busy and I never send it back to you.  Ready now if you are!

No. There is no tested proven solution currently but if one becomes available it will be posted here immediately.
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

No. There is no tested proven solution currently but if one becomes available it will be posted here immediately.

10-4.  Fingers crossed it functions properly in Jchoi's truck, so hopefully you'll be closer to a guaranteed fix.  

Edited by lapoolboy

On 4/13/2019 at 9:56 PM, GTPprix said:

@GTPprix sent you an email 

Edited by Jchoi

19 hours ago, Jchoi said:

@GTPprix sent you an email 

So the small number of you experiencing this issue owe @Jchoi a big thank you :) We were able to confirm the work around to the GM bug does indeed work on the 2018 units (and likely the 2019 units) to my knowledge only one person with a late 2017 has this bug but I'm hoping it should work as well. Contact us from the site to schedule a patch application :) 

Edited by GTPprix
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GTPprix said:

So the small number of you experiencing this issue owe @Jchoi a big thank you :) We were able to confirm the work around to the GM bug does indeed work on the 2018 units (and likely the 2019 units) to my knowledge only one person with a late 2017 has this bug but I'm hoping it should work as well. Contact us from the site to schedule a patch application :) 

Well, while I might have had patience with the situation, the real effort was on Chris’s part to keep trying without compromise. Do not hesitate to do business with WAMS and Chris. He spent way more time than I’m sure he expected and finished what he promised. Here’s a snapshot of the final product 

DF6AFEA7-6916-4F0B-B7A0-99A88A0C5391.jpeg

• Like 2

@GTPprix

E-mail sent.  Anxious to finally get this working!  Thanks to you and @Jchoi for your efforts on this!

Weird that the vehicle icon is an SUV though?  ?

Edited by lapoolboy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

@GTPprix

E-mail sent.  Anxious to finally get this working!  Thanks to you and @Jchoi for your efforts on this!

Weird that the vehicle icon is an SUV though?  ?

Not weird, normal ;) If you want the Chevrolet startup logo etc (e.g. you have a Silverado) it will have the SUV icon as its all tied together.