Just installed Borla S Type. Go buy one!

Just wanted to give my feedback on the Borla S Type exhaust. I had originally bought the Gibson cat back and was not happy with it all all. It leaked a lot. Sounded too quiet. Waste of money.

Just installed the Gibson S Type and it sounds mint. Nice deep V8 sound without being obnoxious. You can still romp on it though. In my opinion it's perfect and I like loud trucks.

The Borla flange is exactly like the stock one so it buts up perfect and doesn't leak. Top notch.

Edited by GMC207
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give my feedback on the Borla S Type exhaust. I had originally bought the Gibson cat back and was not happy with it all all. It leaked a lot. Sounded too quiet. Waste of money.

Just installed the Gibson S Type and it sounds mint. Nice deep V8 sound without being obnoxious. You can still romp on it though. In my opinion it's perfect and I like loud trucks.

The Borla flange is exactly like the stock one so it buts up perfect and doesn't leak. Top notch.

I agree also. I really like mine

That's the same one I'm thinking about getting. Think I'm going to go with the GM supplied one though since it'll have the flapper to prevent V4 drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am happy with the way my S-Type sounds in V4 mode.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really? what set up do you have... flapper still in place? 3" stock piping into what size S-type?

I got the S-Type and agree the start up and on the throttle roars, but the V4 drone is a deal breaker for me.... cannot stand it anymore.

Our catbacks are full exhaust systems, not just the muffler.

That's the same one I'm thinking about getting. Think I'm going to go with the GM supplied one though since it'll have the flapper to prevent V4 drone.

Is there a difference in the system you buy directly from the dealer versus buying directly from Borla??

• 2 months later...

S-type was installed today and I love it! It's the exhaust tone I was looking for, I'll just have to be gentle when my wife is with me.

I recorded a video of the new exhaust and combined it with the first one so it's all three.

http://www.filbeck.net/video/all3.mp4

Sounds great! Thanks for putting all 3 together as that's a great comparison and now I am glad I went with the S-Type first as that's what I was looking for. Mine will be here tomorrow and then will need to get it installed.

Thanks again!

Is there a difference in the system you buy directly from the dealer versus buying directly from Borla??

I believe the one from GM has the flapper still. I bought mine right from Borla and love it. From feedback I've heard about the GM-version, it was too quiet. I love my S-type!

The GM version is quieter than the S type and mimics the Touring version.

I have the ATAK on mine and love it! Deep rumble and zero drone.

My son liked it so much that he bought the S type for his new V6 Accord. Loud when you step on it but civil on cruise and quiet in the cabin. I highly recommend the Borla as a premium exhaust system. They're not cheap but you get what you pay for.