In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2016+ GM INDEPENDENT Air Intake Testing- Black Bear Performance

We plan on doing another independent air intake test on a 2016 Yukon Denali. We do sell all major brand name intakes, but would like to know what brands consumers would like to see tested.

Edited by Jennabear
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about the trusty MIT tube?   It amazes me how much people are willing to pony up for an intake but won't spend 40 cents for about the same amount of power.

On the traceability of the tune.....I had the guys at the dealership check both mine, and a co-worker of mine's trucks....I have a 2015 1500 6.2 - 8 spd., my co-worker has a 2015 2500HD 6.0 - 6 spd.,

Promotional thread, not at all. Intent to sell *some* intake systems as a result, absolutely. We have compiled all of the data as of last month (this type of work takes time in between the daily pro

No Volant and no MIT available for the 2016 Yukon.

It's the same as the '15s. Looked on the Airaid site and the full intake kits for the '15 and '16 are the same part #s and they do have an M.I.T. for the '15 Denali 6.2.

Edited by SouthernSilveradoGuy85

It's the same as the '15s. Looked on the Airaid site and the full intake kits for the '15 and '16 are the same part #s and they do have an M.I.T. for the '15 Denali 6.2.

We can add that to the list then.

• Like 1

What about both the stock intake and the Airaid M.I.T. with the factory AC Delco filter and also again with aftermarket "performance" drop in filters made for the stock filter box.

We've done drop in testing in the past... no performance difference has been seen by just changing a filter. The factory filter is not a restriction.

• Like 3
  • txab pinned this topic