In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2016+ GM INDEPENDENT Air Intake Testing- Black Bear Performance

You paying? It is not easy to revert a catback. I still put my money on an intake providing more HP gains, the stock exhaust is already high flow.

If we really want to get down to it $ for $ a supercharger, headers or cam is the way to go. However, these are not simple bolt ons for a DIYer who wants to tinker in his garage.

I personally do not swap exhausts for performance, it is more a visual and audio change than anything. But to each his own.

Sent from my fone.

JMHO, but for the money you will waste on headers, the gain will be minimal.

Are you able to test a 2500HD 6.0 with a MIT vs stock?

If not, a 5.3 will work fine.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about the trusty MIT tube?   It amazes me how much people are willing to pony up for an intake but won't spend 40 cents for about the same amount of power.

On the traceability of the tune.....I had the guys at the dealership check both mine, and a co-worker of mine's trucks....I have a 2015 1500 6.2 - 8 spd., my co-worker has a 2015 2500HD 6.0 - 6 spd.,

Promotional thread, not at all. Intent to sell *some* intake systems as a result, absolutely. We have compiled all of the data as of last month (this type of work takes time in between the daily pro

^ yup that's exactly what the GMT-800's looked like (and I did this mod to my 2005 Sierra), but I can't cut up my new 2016 1994V you sir love your mods.

Jennabear do you have a list of CAI's & filters your going to test so far?

The guys are the ones doing the purchasing, I am not sure which ones they are going with, but I did give them a list of the requests.

JMHO, but for the money you will waste on headers, the gain will be minimal.

Are you able to test a 2500HD 6.0 with a MIT vs stock?

If not, a 5.3 will work fine.

All depends on the other mods that will accompany the headers. And they would have to be mid or LTs, no shorties.

We are testing one of our own vehicles and purchasing the intakes on our own. If someone had a 2500HD with an MIT, we would be happy to throw it on the dyno.

^ yup that's exactly what the GMT-800's looked like (and I did this mod to my 2005 Sierra), but I can't cut up my new 2016 1994V you sir love your mods.

Jennabear do you have a list of CAI's & filters your going to test so far?

It's inside the fender behind the airbox... Who cares lol.

Sent from my PURE XL using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

We can add that to the list then.

Awesome.. Another vote for MIT... I added an MIT tube to my 16 6.2L Sierra Denali... I called Airaid and they said they did not make an MIT for 16 but after researching the site found there to no difference in size of piping or locations of mounting from the 15.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk

Awesome.. Another vote for MIT... I added an MIT tube to my 16 6.2L Sierra Denali... I called Airaid and they said they did not make an MIT for 16 but after researching the site found there to no difference in size of piping or locations of mounting from the 15.

I'm glad you posted this. I was wanting to order one. How loud is the MIT. I'm wanting to add a little engine noise until I get my supercharger.

I'm glad you posted this. I was wanting to order one. How loud is the MIT. I'm wanting to add a little engine noise until I get my supercharger.

10-4...It adds a nice growl on acceleration but definitely not annoying. At cruising speeds I don't notice it at all. I am about to get a tune from Blackbear and expect the MIT will be a slightly more benefit to performance.

I recently added a hose clamp to fully open my exhaust flapper and have been surprised how the combo of MIT and opening the flapper produce a very subtle but nicer exhaust sound. AFM (v4) is barely noticeable with this either even with all audio accessories turned off. Glad the post helped and good luck on the mods. Supercharger sounds like a good amount of fun.

• Like 1

10-4...It adds a nice growl on acceleration but definitely not annoying. At cruising speeds I don't notice it at all. I am about to get a tune from Blackbear and expect the MIT will be a slightly more benefit to performance.

I recently added a hose clamp to fully open my exhaust flapper and have been surprised how the combo of MIT and opening the flapper produce a very subtle but nicer exhaust sound. AFM (v4) is barely noticeable with this either even with all audio accessories turned off. Glad the post helped and good luck on the mods. Supercharger sounds like a good amount of fun.

Thanks for the reply! I just ordered mine. I'm glad the 5.3l tube fits on the 6.2l. Now I just gotta wait lol! Edited by 1300c

Thanks for the reply! I just ordered mine. I'm glad the 5.3l tube fits on the 6.2l. Now I just gotta wait lol!

Hope you ordered one for the 6.2 because the throttle body on the 6.2 is a little bigger so the adapter to clamp the tube to the throttle body will be different.

Mine is a 6.2L and I ordered the 6.2L..Southern Silvy is right. The 6.2L version I believe has a different intake connection size... At least I think it does.. Anyone else remember.

Sorry 1300c I thought you saw I had a 6.2L and ordered the 6.2L connection. Airaid just haven't officially made a 2016 + MIT for the 6 2L.The 2014/2015 MIT for the 6.2L fits the 2016 is what I was referring too.

Mine is a 6.2L and I ordered the 6.2L..Southern Silvy is right. The 6.2L version I believe has a different intake connection size... At least I think it does.. Anyone else remember.

Sorry 1300c I thought you saw I had a 6.2L and ordered the 6.2L connection. Airaid just haven't officially made a 2016 + MIT for the 6 2L.The 2014/2015 MIT for the 6.2L fits the 2016 is what I was referring too.

I tried ordering the MIT tube for a 6.2l from airraid and they said it didn't exist. That they didn't make one for it. What part # did you order?

Nevermind I found. 200-911.

Edited by 1300c

#200-911.....It won't show to fit a 2016+ truck with 6.2L as Airaid says they have not verified the fit.... This does fit a 2014/2015 6.2L.... However I have not found that fit is an issue at all and when research it is the models others were buying for 2016+ 6.2L trucks.

• Like 1

I cancelled the other order, and I got the right one ordered. I called them in the middle of a busy work day when I had a bunch of things going on. I guess I wasn't thinking enough to just ask if they made them for the 14-15 year models.

• txab pinned this topic